Building/Ship TH First Bank

Discussion in 'Screenshots' started by Maurens, Apr 21, 2017.

1. Maurens

Maurens Void-Bound Voyager

I wanted to share a bank I built in a server I play on (I can give you info if you're interested). If you saw it before it's because I shared it on Reddit a few weeks ago, but I've made some little changes since, although they are too hard to notice.

It was all built in survival mode and without mods :)

The bank:
    [​IMG]

Entrance, reception, offices, security room and server room:
    [​IMG]

Manager's office, bathroom and maintenance room on the roof:
    [​IMG]

The vault:
    [​IMG]

The manager:
    [​IMG]

Hope you like it!

Edit: Updated the pictures with the suggestion from Jonesy.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2017
    Joshua808, The Squid, Ardalis and 4 others like this.
  2. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

The thread title screamed "SPAMBOT!", but I'm glad I was mistaken.

A while ago, I made a Glitch city, which included its own bank. I've got to say, yours is a lot more impressive than mine. Especially like the stacks of gold. Not sure about the... reeds? Are they supposed to be piles of notes or something?

Maurens likes this.
  3. oinkgamer

oinkgamer Cosmic Narwhal

I really like the whole layout here. That poor receptionist probably didnt know what they were getting themselves into with this job :V

The only thing i'd personally suggest is maybe using Treasure Hoard blocks instead of plain gold blocks.

Maurens likes this.
  4. Maurens

Haha nope, i'm not a bot. Thanks! I'm sure your bank was great too :)

And yes, those are supposed to be piles of notes. I'm not sure if there is a block more money-looking than that. Any ideas of what else I could use?

Oinkgamer i'm not quoting you because i'm on the phone. I wanted to make a little background door for the receptionist, but it didn't look very good. I like to think there is a door on the other side to let her get out from there, haha.

I tried using treasure horde, but I wanted a modern and neat looking vault, and the treasure wasn't working for that. I tried making a treasure room with statues, diamonds and other stuff, but it looked like the bank was hiding a national treasure or something.

Thanks for the comments, I appreciate the feedback :)

5. Jonesy

Only other thing I can think of is using the paint tool to change the colour of something that looks slim. Small Temple Bricks, maybe? Coloured green, they may look a bit note-ish.

http://starbounder.org/Small_Temple_Bricks

oinkgamer likes this.
  6. Maurens

A less vertical currency has arrived to the bank:
    [​IMG]

And another option:
    [​IMG]

What do you think?

Last edited: Apr 22, 2017
    MadMulligan, The Squid and Jonesy like this.
  7. Jonesy

The second one looks a bit too blocky, even to pass off as piles of notes. But I think the first one works well enough.

8. Maurens

I wasn't convinced at first, but after comparing the two pictures I think you're right. I guess that's as good as it gets.

Thanks again!

Jonesy likes this.