1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Outdated Xan Union Cargo Cruiser v2.1 - Winter Colours.

Massive Cargo Vessel, 250 blocks long! Includes Unstable Winter and Enraged editions. + 25 Colours!

1. Ax.448
    Same warning as the Corvette:
    If you're playing online/multiplayer with a custom ship, it's best to log off, and go into singleplayer for every time you upgrade your ship.

Unless of course, both you and the server have the same ship installed to the same race, and the same version of it.
    Take care!

[​IMG]

Yo! I'm relatively easy accessible here on the Starbound forums.
    I also tend to plop around on tumblr : http://ax448.tumblr.com/
    ( If you check tumblr you'll usually be able to get sneak peaks on future mods, if I've started working on them. )

[​IMG]

So, the Xan Union Cargo Cruiser / Cargo Liner is a massive ship, for any powergamers, packrats, and anyone else who wants to be able to bring a lot of goods/buildings/armiers wherever they go.

[​IMG]
    ( Oh she's a bit of a fixer-upper~ )

[​IMG]

A short list of current features is:
    • LOTS OF SPACE

• The most important parts, the teleporter, fuel storage, tech station and cockpit are within spitting distance, cutting down on time spent running around.

• Want a window? PUNCH A HOLE IN THE WALL.
      ( There is no background layer, so if you want a window somewhere, simply remove the back wall, and put back in a transparent wall before all the air is sucked out into the blackness of space.
      [​IMG]

• Support for the Winter Update!

V 2.1:
    [​IMG]

+ 25 Colours! ( I think. )

V 2.0

• Removed superfluos decal/graphical layers.
    • Added the Unstable Winter Edition version of the ship, it will upgrade/unlock as you upgrade, eventually giving you full access to the ship when you hit tier 5.

V 1.0
    • Added Cockpit, Colour, Decal, Turret, and Turret Decal support/Customization.
      The Ship used to only have 3 images, Back ship, Front ship, and Inner Walls.
      Now it has:
      Front Ship, Back Ship, Cockpit, Inner Walls.
      Front Decal 1, Back Decal 1.
      Front Decal 2, Back Decal 2.
      Bottom Addons, Top Addons.
      Bottom Addon Decal, Top Addon Decal.

The new Cockpit layer is to make it so that you can select custom cockpits / Whichever colour you want on the cockpit, separately from the ship's colours.

The Bottom / Top Addons are to add turrets / equipment addons, if people want them. As well as templates for how to place them.

• Bugfixing : Typos, misplaced blocks, etc.
    • Optimizations : 30% less lights, which should mean better performance all round.

[​IMG]

Got an LP, mod review, or anything else that uses this ship and is publicly viewable?
    Go ahead and toss me a link, and I'll include it here*!

(* As long as it's forums safe, sorry adult-Starbound-RP-LPers, I apologize in advance for distancing myself from such a huge market. )

[​IMG]

Pictures may or may not be utterly gargantuan:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Have you made a neat Decal / Theme / Turret / Anything extra to go alongside the ship?
    Go ahead and toss it over to me, and I can pack it into the mod + credit you here.

You retain any rights to it you want to have, and if you at a later date wish to pull / have me remove it again, I will respect that.

However, anything packed into the mod will have the same mod permissions as the mod at large.

[​IMG]

So first up! The mod defaults to being installed to the Avian race, to change this, go into
    the customization folder, then race, and copy over the race you want from that folder, to the /ships/ folder

Normal install:

Extract the .zip into your Starbound/Mods folder.

And copy either the Winter Update, or the Enraged Koala folder into starbound/mods.

----

If you want to use this ship with a earlier-generated character:

First! Remember to
    1: backup everything you edit! ( That way you can revert if anything goes wrong. )
    2: Store everything in your old ship somewhere safe, like on your home planet.
    ( Everything in your current ship will just vanish, if you leave it. )

--- Head over to \***\Steam\SteamApps\common\Starbound\player and back up the files there. ( There'll be 3 files per character, metadata, shipworld and player. )
    --- Now, make a new character that has the ship, save, and exit.
    --- All you need to do now, is to rename the new character's .shipworld to your old character's .shipworld, and they'll get the ship as it is, bells and whistles.

[​IMG]

Not much here yet, but as I add the customization options in, I will describe how to install / enable them.

[​IMG]

So, my mod like a lot of others has a version system, so how does that affect you?
    Well, understandably, it is very annoying for players that have used a ship for a while to rip out everything, and re-furnish the ship again.

So here's a breakdown of how I'll be handling the versions, so that you'll know if you need to update the entire ship or not.

I'll be using a simply V: X . Y system.
    This first release is V 0.1 , and is otherwise unremarkable.

But if I put out a graphical update only, for version 0.1, the new version's number will be 0.2 .
    In effect, it's build 2, of version 1.

But! if I put out an update that breaks compatibility / requires a fresh install / newly genned ship to work properly, I will bump up the first digit.

So for example, once I release the next version, with decal support and the like, it will be version 1.0 .

In short:
    If you're currently using say, Version 3.4 , and I release Version 3.5
    Then you can simply install it over the old one, and continue playing, the changes will only be graphical / more customization options.

But if you're using Version 3.4, and I release Version 4.0 .
    Then you will have to re-gen a new ship / character with the ship to be able to use the new features.

There may be deviations from this, but I'll try to keep it straight as best as possible.

[​IMG]

[INSERT FAQ HERE]
    [FAQ NOT VERY COMPLETE]

Not really a question, but that's usually a matter of an erroneous install.
    Try to uninstall the mod and reinstall it, and create a new character with it, does it work now? If not, hop over to the discussion thread for the mod, and skim through it, others might have had the same issue as you.

If not, go ahead and make a post, and I'll see what help I can provide.

Let me just stop you there, it can be very hard, to nearly impossible for me to make sure that this mod works with any and all mod types, I can't guarantee any reasonable amount of support if other mods are interfering.

If you do have other mods, and this mod is acting oddly, try temporarily removing the other mods, and checking if this mod still has errors.

Other than that, multiple shipmods pointing at the same race might cause problems on character creation.

IN ADDITION: The new ship system in Unstable Winter makes it so that if you're using a custom race, you'll have to fiddle a bit more with the files.

You'll have to rename the racetX.structure files into customracetX.structure for all the files there. And likely more, but I'll update this once I've encountered

My current stance on this is no, unfortunately.

To elaborate on that, I am going to update the ships so that they work with the system / are playable, this goes for all my mods/ships.

I will also make sure that stuff like features / interplanetary travel unlocks at the correct point, using the stock ships as reference.
    I'm not planning to make damaged versions / expanding the ship via upgrades, they will likely start with the same layout as now, going over all my mods and redoing that will simply be too much effort.

I am however ( If I'm still a shipwright at that point. ) make new ships that utilize the upgrade / expansion system correctly. But that is in the future.
    ( This means that it's not impossible that I for example revisit the Corvette, and make a separate, upgradable version of that, for example, as that's my most popular ship, despite being my first. )

[​IMG]

• Multiple Colours / Themes for the ship.
      (All my ships up to this point have had it, and this will be no exception.

• Decals!
      ( Overlays that let you for example add grime/dirt, splatter, or other things you want, without having to edit the ship's graphics directly! )
      (Support for these are already in.)

[​IMG]

So, as you can notice on the bottom of this page:

• Anyone can use this mod in their mod compilation without the author's consent.

• Anyone can alter redistribute the mod's assets without the author's consent.
    So, go ahead and do whatever you want to!

However, if you end up using assets from this / any of my mods, I hope you'll use common courtesy and attribute the parts back to me, as well as include a link to my profile and/or directly to the mod you used the asset from.

(Also, I enjoy seeing what people do with my assets, so if you've made a new mod using them, I'd love to hear about it! )

Other than that, please don't just re-upload my mod wholesale to a different site, or claim it as your own.

( If you're a member of a specific site, and want the mod to be uploaded and available there, just contact me and I can upload it myself. That way I can handle feedback / troubleshooting far better thank otherwise. )

Recent Reviews

1. VewDieKie
    VewDieKie
    4/5,
    Version: v2.1 - Winter Colours.
    That 4 stars could be 5 stars if edited it so your ship pet didn't get stuck in the wall hint hint ;D
  2. AskalCanrith
    AskalCanrith
    5/5,
    awesome ship, perfect for the extensive farming needed in the FU mod. Thanks
  3. uniden0
    uniden0
    5/5,
    Looks great but I'm getting a path too long error when trying to extract
    1. Ax.448
      Author's Response
      That has to do with where you extract it, windows doesn't allow too long path names. ( aka C:/files/more files/even more files/starbound/ (But just way way longer than that. ))

So extract it further 'down' instead of deep inside a tree of folders.

If you're running into this problem it's a window fault, and you have way way way too many folders inside other folders.

Just try extracting it somewhere else, make a temp folder on your desktop, and extract it there, for example.
  4. Rukrio
    Rukrio
    5/5,
    Version: v 2.0 - Unstable Winter
    huge as fuck for everything you could want, and then a lot more.
  5. Nakelo
    Nakelo
    5/5,
    Love big ships <3. May not be the place/time to ask, but could you perhaps add some sort of USCM themed colors or decals when you get around to it?
    Thanks for making this :D
    1. Ax.448
      Author's Response
      And done, not entirely sure what you meant by USCM colours. ( grey? ) But there are a couple different grey/gunmetal colours now.
  6. BlastThe42th
    BlastThe42th
    5/5,
    Really BIG ship. Hope it will support more colours. ^^
    1. Ax.448
      Author's Response
      I hope that's enough colours for now.
  7. Firelegs101
    Firelegs101
    5/5,
    Is their any way I can have this put into an already existing character instead of having to make a new character? ive made a new character and looked at it already and i love it but i dont want to do all the quests over again
    1. Ax.448
      Author's Response
      Yes, just do the shipworld-swap trick.

Backup everything in your storage_unstable / player folder.
      Install the mod, start up a new character with it.
      Hop onto your old character, then save/exit, and wait a minute or two.
      Then create a new character and load it up. Then exit.
      Then check your storage_unstable / player folder.
      There should be multiple files with extremely long names.
      Sort them by time/date.
      Your new character should be on top, and the old character after that.

Then, just delete your old character's .shipworld file/s , and rename the new character's shipworld files to the old character's name.

Just make sure that say the mod is installed to humans, and both the characters you mess with are human.

Just hop onto the discussion for the mod if you have any issues.
  8. Ramones_fan
    Ramones_fan
    5/5,
    thank you for making this available for upbeat giraffe.
  9. laz2727
    laz2727
    5/5,
    Cool!
    That's exactly how i built a cargo ship back in old!unstable :D
  10. lowzkillar
    lowzkillar
    5/5,
    Version: v1.0 - *ding - level up*
    such a big ship. Plz add some more colours and what.