Boredom Result - Planetary Heavy Lifter

Discussion in 'Vehicles and Mounts' started by Opirian, Mar 2, 2012.

1. Opirian

Opirian Subatomic Cosmonaut

As presented by Galactic TV the latest product from Opi Industries!
    Heavy Lifter.png
    Are you tired of transporting heavy cargo to the surface of a planet? Is dropping it from orbit damaging the item in question or the ground? Then you need the Planetary Heavy Lifter! This specially designed cargo carrier is outfitted with 4 Dyno-Thrust MAX© rotating engines for that tricky vertical travel and of course who could forget it's full scale Thunder Clap© engine for all the speed you'll ever need? Not to mention with its Dual Chin gun weapon mounts it can fight off even the toughest of enemies in transit.
    With all of this power transporting cargo has never been so easy! You can now easily transport cargo such as:
    Container (base).png
    • Large Vehicles
    • Large Drones
    • Troop Containers
    • Micro-Factories©
    • Micro-Labs©
    • And Much More!
    But of course you may need more air support than what those dual chin guns can offer so we designed a special container just for this ship! This container comes loaded with a plethora of hard points for any weapon you can think of effectively turning the PHL into a gunship of DOOM!
    Act now and we'll throw in the Intelli-Core© AI for auto-pilot of this ship so it can transport while you destroy your enemy!

opikopia.png

2. Drayo10

Drayo10 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I like the sound of this. And another idea: As a makeshift weapon, you can call it in drop empty containers on some enemies.

3. BurningMercury

BurningMercury Title Not Found

another great idea i do love the idea of being able to drop larger vehicles and stuff from your base and the turret box would be great but im guessing itd be lightly armoured so is more of an emergency fire support as otherwise it might get shot down rather quickly

4. Opirian

Why thanks for the support and ideas =P

5. Dal

Dal Phantasmal Quasar

sounds useful :3

6. WrathPhoenix

WrathPhoenix Former Staff

Very innovative. I like it.

7. Steve

Steve Starship Captain

That would be awesome!
    Reminds of something from Tron, though.

8. blejd

blejd Scruffy Nerf-Herder

AWESOME IDEA! Just imagine in multiplayer that one player piloting it, and another is in combat mech in container, and You are attacking some planet invaded by aliens, just imagine!

9. Opirian

Thanks for all the positive support =D

I can and do imagine that =P

10. Chancellor87

Chancellor87 Master Chief

I love that, reminds me of the Skyhook Helicopter.

11. Jermex

Jermex The Stampede Forum Moderator

I like it!
    What else you got to show us?
    I loves me some pixel art :D

12. Joxalot

Joxalot Subatomic Cosmonaut

I love the concept of being on a dropship and getting deployed on the battlefield.
    Specially if you're over with friends on Multiplayer. I like the idea!

But would they be player controlled only or you had something in mind like you can also order the AI to do the drop for you?

13. blejd

blejd Scruffy Nerf-Herder

that could be harder, but not impossible, when we have lifter devs will write scripts to fpc for sure!

14. Opirian

Quite

15. Iznano4nik

Iznano4nik Big Damn Hero

i am want in game automatic mining base, we built it on planet, and every hour have profit:)

16. starman

starman Subatomic Cosmonaut

I feel i'm being rather unimaginative with this but whatevs:p .

What about a container for storage purposes? One of the most annoying things for me in a game is not having enough space to pick up all that cool stuff you find.
    The ability to place a container down, store it full of your random junk, and so that its easily picked up again for when you what to leave, would make me happy.
    Kind of an obvious one , I know. But I didn't see it mentioned anywhere.

17. NeKoNeKo

NeKoNeKo Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I remember there was that kind of ship in Supreme Commander and Total Annihilation.
    Really great idea for transporting minerals from other planets to your homeworld.

18. Opirian

There's another drop type =P

I figured that was obvious and didn't mention it =P

Having played TA lately I believe the ARM one was called the ATLAS, I don't remember what the CORE one was called. (speaking of which CORE prime type of world would be awesome.)

19. Joxalot

Joxalot Subatomic Cosmonaut

I know it's quite possible.
    I've imagined something like Cortex Command when relating to deplying stuff with the AI

20. Opirian

Deploying stuff in Cortex Command VIA AI can save a lot of trouble but I like using the rockets as make shift weapons =P