1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

flat UI 1.8

A complete interface overhaul featuring a built-in 28 slot character creation extender!

1. OzonSF
    preview.png

Screenshot_20170610_130230.png 1112.png 12345.png Screenshot_20170610_130903.png flat1.png flat5.png flat6.png flat2.png flat8.png
    Compatibility:
    • Conflicts with any mod that change the interface.
    • Mods that use the vanilla UI elements won't require a patch.
    • Mods that use their own UI elements will require a patch in order to match flat UI elements, either built-in on this mod or on a separate mod.
    The following mods are supported out-of-the-box:
    Separate patches for the following mods are provided in the download:
    • Elithian Races
    • Extended GUI
    • Many Tabs
    Add-ons available:

FAQ:
    Q: I already use a race extender, is safe to uninstall it and install flat UI?
    A: Yes, it is. But if you have more than 28 races installed (including vanilla races) some of them will not be shown on the creation menu.

Q: Can I use flat UI with another race extender?
    A: Yes, but it will not look like flat UI.

Q: I have 28+ races installed but I want to use flat UI, can you make a larger race extender?
    A: Sorry, I don't have plans to make a larger one, in my opinion 28 slots is sufficient to me and most people. But you can continue to use your prefered race extender, I think.

Q: Will you patch other mods to match the flat UI?
    A: I'll try to patch the most popular ones at least.

Notes:
    I tried to make the interface of ancient objects like the Terraforge and the Weapon Upgrade Anvil look more "ancient", some of them are not finished yet but they aren't that horrible. Also I want to improve the placement of things like the close buttons and the window title and subtitle, if you encounter any misplaced thing, please report!

Also available at the Steam Workshop!!!
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    Anyone can use this mod in their mod compilation without the author's consent.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    Anyone can alter/redistribute the mod's assets without the author's consent.
    xhoneyholicc likes this.

Recent Updates

1. 1.8 & Patch for Many Tabs
  2. 1.7.6 & Extended GUI Patch 1.1
  3. 1.7.5

Recent Reviews

1. somebody0214
    somebody0214
    5/5,
    Version: 1.8
    I really like the sharp edges and lack of shading
  2. Locky543
    Locky543
    5/5,
    Eh... it's me or my game doesn't feel so laggy with this mod, with another Fps boost mods?(cause i have this game on my laptop... so yeah...) Before it wasn't able to fullscreen, playing with a feel of Fps drop... But with this, i feel like when i fullscreen, it feels like there's not much Lag with the enemies arround(It does sometimes but is not frecuently) and my character feels more fluid... idk if this mod boost the fps but I love this Mod, because of the look too. Thanks for making this!
  3. kitsunespirit
    kitsunespirit
    5/5,
    Looks nice!
  4. murtazza
    murtazza
    5/5,
  5. xyifer12
    xyifer12
    2/5,
    Version: 1.7.4
    The current version crashes dedicated x64 server if a certain weapon mod is not installed. I fixed this by unpacking this mod, deleting the folder for that weapon mod, and repacking this mod, but i shouldn't have to do that.
    1. OzonSF
  6. Khaos1177
    Khaos1177
    5/5,
    Version: 1.4
    <3!!!!
  7. amirmiked12
    amirmiked12
    5/5,
    Thank you
    I reallllllllllllly love it.
  8. Chesterton
    Chesterton
    5/5,
    Simple, should be build in :D
  9. ChronoHyperion
    ChronoHyperion
    5/5,
    Version: 1.2.2
    The "Extended GUI" that I'm talking about is actually a mod, not a suggestion for this mod. Sorry for the misunderstanding. :(
    1. OzonSF
      Author's Response
      I know, but I want to make my own extended ui. Also you could have used the discussion for this reply.
  10. ChronoHyperion
    ChronoHyperion
    5/5,
    Version: 1.2.1a
    Looks good, but I hope that you can make it compatible with Extended GUI and Instant Crafting if you will.
    1. OzonSF
      Author's Response
      I will eventually make a larger version, but currently I'm working on a patch for FU and I will release a patch for Instant Crafting on the next update.