1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

NoidMPMod - Your humanoid.config ragdoll V1.3

A guinea pig race for setting up a humanoid.config file for your modded race. (See page for details)

1. ManicRykker
    [​IMG]

A quick note:

This isn't a traditional race mod. For all extensive purposes, the actual race is just a form of "ragdoll" for the mod's real purpose. There will be no unique content or features added with this mod.

INTRODUCTION

Hey there guys. Manic here, creator of the Penguin Race Mod. Have you ever wished your custom race had some distinguishing qualities to how they interact with the environment? Maybe you just want them to run a little faster? Well, this mod can help!

(NoidMPMod stands for "Humanoid MovementParameter Mod".)

This mod serves as a sort of guide to setting up a standalone noid.config file for your race, getting your race/the game to recognize it, and to tweaking the special properties in the mod's noid.config to suit your needs.

This mod can help you:

-Increase/decrease the walk speed and run speed of your race.
    -Adjust their gravity multiplier. (making them jump higher or lower)
    -Make them bouncy!
    -Make them slide when standing on sloped surfaces.
    And more.

INSTRUCTIONS

1. Download the mod.
    2. Read the text files in the zip. They help explain things, and guide you through the process.
    3. Put the Noid mod in your mods folder (for experimenting with the noid.config values)

If you have any questions, or would like to help improve the mod's documentation on some things, ask in the mod's discussion thread.

Credits:
    -The mod's ragdoll race was gotten off the ground using Cobra5's racebase.
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    You must get the author's consent before including this mod in a compilation.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    Anyone can alter/redistribute the mod's assets without the author's consent.
    Yoseiri, Xordaii and AmazonValkyrie like this.

Recent Updates

1. NoidMPMod V1.3
  2. NoidMPMod V1.2
  3. NoidMPMod V1.1

Recent Reviews

1. G.Xyon
    G.Xyon
    5/5,
    Version: V1.2
    A wonderful little mod that delves deeper into species creation with a plethora of options for making your species get that extra bit of pizzaz you've been looking for.

While I'm not able to use the mod to it's full extent at my current state, it did certainly open my eyes to a few features that I had previously glanced over and took them for granted. Huge kudos for that my dude!

Perfect mod to start and spark your creativity!
    1. ManicRykker
      Author's Response
      Thanks for the review! Glad you like it!

I really hope a day will come, where non-humanoid races are more common, and more supported. Hopefully, the penguinpiracymod, and this little mod will be a good first step.

Even then, it would be good to at least see normal humanoids with little variations too.