1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

NPCSpawner+ 1.1.6

Spawn in and Customize NPCs similar to a chargen

Tags:
  1. ThreeTen22
    (hey everyone, due to some requests over on /r/starbound I'm uploading my mod here as well. It is the same version as that on steam)

Ever get sick and tired of just not getting the npc you want?
    Want to be able to customize npcs of every sort well beyond even what the chargen gives you?
    Want to just find that one bloody human npc with the short green hair?
    Well brother(or sister!), we at N.P.C. Inc. have got good news for you!

Introducing:

NpcSpawner+

[​IMG]

We go into lots of detail about the inner workings of this valuable asset via in-game tabs, so instead here are some highlights:

-Choose from 20,000 different randomly generated NPCs.
    -customize those NPCs to an extent never seen before! (*queue outer space echoing):

-All playable species should be supported, modded or not.
    --If it's playable, it's customizable. If it's not playable, with a few in-game keystrokes it can become customizable.

-NpcTypes. When choosing an NPC, their npctype is incredibly important. We have added most of the npctypes provided by vanilla. However, it has been designed to handle any npctype, modded or not. With a few keystrokes you will be able to add these modded npctypes. We guarantee it or your money back *certain restrictions apply, call our 24-7 customer service for more details.

-Visual-

Want to color an apex's beard a little differently than the rest of his/her body? Want the glow of a novakid's hair to be a tad more blue? No problem. You will be able to safely color each (customizable) part separately. On top of that, body parts can have hue and saturation applied to it. Avians can finally have something other than white faces, and humans can be as blue or as green as you see fit.

-Armor / Weapon modifications-

Want a guard that uses a sword/shield and a capture pod? How about creating a worthy foe duel-wielding grenade launchers?

All NPCs with combat behavior will use whatever weapons you give them. More importantly, if the weapons/armors use vanilla objects as a base, they will work on vanilla multiplayer servers.

-Customize crewmembers-
    (some limitations apply -- see bug information on steam)

--You can use this tool to modify some of the weapons which your crewmembers will use. That means soldiers can duel wield pistols, janitors can rock a sword and shield. This tool, paired with any other outfit management mod, will allow for some very unique and useful crewmembers!

-Stat modifications

--There are a few (and growing) amount of stat modification commands you can use to make your NPC behave a certain way. These commands are for the more advanced users, and are not required whatsoever to make any of the above work.

-In-Game data visualization

--Ever wanted to know what makes an NPC tick? This mod hosts a number of debug features that allow you to view the inner workings of an NPC. No more guessing if a variable or behavior is being overwritten, you can actually see what the game is reading.

-Vanilla server support

--This mod provides an export option that allows you to spawn in a vanilla "spawner" item. All you will need to do is just copy and paste the provided command line from your starbound.log file.

We at NPC Inc. raise our npcs on a script-free diet and can function perfectly fine without the assistance of refresh scripts that other universes might not have.

Reminder: Non Cultivator-blessed species and unfamilar npctypes might not work in universes that do not support them.
    (If you use a custom species, or use an npctype provided by a mod like FU and then try to spawn/use them in a vanilla server, you are going to have a bad time.)

-Some known bugs:

---Switching hair/body colors while under a script heavy environment may "lock up". That is, the color will never change despite selecting different options. Scrolling to the top and selecting the "remove override" option will fix this.

---When selecting a color for a body/hair..etc. part, the displayed color may be a little off than how it is shown on the NPC. This is due to the nature of directives. There are between 4-12 replaced colors per option, and I can only display one, so I try to pick something that would best represent the selection.

Please let me know of any other bugs, I will do what I can to squash them.

Enjoy!

How To Craft:
    1. Get a T3 Inventors Table
    2. Craft an Employer's Station
    3. Craft a Panel Version (looks similar to a deed), or Floor Version (looks like a floor teleporter)

How To Use:
    1. Place the spawner in the location you want your npc to be. Ex, a checkout counter for a merchant, or a guardpost for a guard
    2. Interact with the spawner to bring up the interface
    3. For best results, we recommend reading the information provided in-game via the 'info' tab.
    4. When finished customizing your npc, press the activate button to spawn it in.
    How To Manage:
    • Similar to a deed, the npc is initially bound to the spawner that created it. If the spawner breaks, the npc will be vaporized teleported home. (See the detach tab in-game for more information on finalizing npcs)
    • While bound to a spawner, you are able to modify the npc as many times as you wish, just remember to press the activate button after any change.

Note: Similar to a deed, a pseudo-random npc will immediately spawn when first placing the spawner object. This npc will be replaced by the one you create

Q&A

1. I spawned in an npc and it disappears either after it warps in, or after I interact with it. Whats going on?
    -There is an incompatibility between the species and the npctype. Changing the species to one that the npctype was meant for or switching to a more universal npctype will fix this.

2. I put down a panel and it spawned a hostile enemy. Help!
    ... N.P.C. Inc, is legally oblidged to warn you that the placeholder npc might be pissed off after being suddenly ripped through spacetime without prior warning experience some adverse side affects of our teleportation method which includes hyper levels of aggression.

Enjoy!
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    Anyone can use this mod in their mod compilation without the author's consent.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    You must get the author's consent before altering/redistributing any assets included in this mod.

Recent Updates

1. Version 1.1.6
  2. Version 1.1.5: 1.3 Update
  3. Version 1.1.4 Hotfix

Recent Reviews

1. Tyler Petrus
    Tyler Petrus
    5/5,
    Version: 1.1.6
    Very nice mod, I will give you that. I've always wanted more control over how npcs look and act before I accept them into my crew, via the Job Offers mod. I don't understand, though, what all I can do with the input override command. A list of options and their parameters would be nice. I especially would like to know how to set the levels of npcs I spawn in, using this mod. I don't want my crewmates dying too quickly, now. Still, a very much welcome addition to my list, any day of the week.
  2. Kordharin
    Kordharin
    5/5,
    When one wants to make a sort of dungeon/campaign-esque adventure, this is a great help. Also helps with getting, say, Asra Nox to be on your ship as a crew member.

Note that giving NPCs any Wand or Staff is a bad idea.
  3. hypersonicsteampunk
    hypersonicsteampunk
    5/5,
    T'is a good and enjotable mod
    wanted to give it a 6.9 star rating for it's wry marketing but alas the limit is only 5
  4. Devin_Plombier
    Devin_Plombier
    5/5,
    Amazing. I particularly like the possibility to make the NPCs crewmembers !
    It would be a good thing to have an explaination of the behavior of NPCs with different personalities though
  5. FirstFandomFangirl
    FirstFandomFangirl
    4/5,
    I have this mod myself and am very pleased with it, but I recently tried to download it for my younger sister and I am unable to craft the employment crafting table. Do you know if there is something specific wrong with this?
  6. Rainite
    Rainite
    5/5,
    This mod is amazing indeed, thanks for this. But I have a question..
    When I'm done modifying my crew, it spawned a new one so there are two crews with the same appearance. So I'll need to dismiss one of them. Is that how the mod supposed to work?
  7. anfid150
    anfid150
    5/5,
    this is cool mod. i love it. :)
    but i have one problem.. :(
    npc spawn and eqiupment all set and hire.
    in the end? my seting weapon is all gone.
    just normal weapon eqiup.
    what's that are problem? i miss something?
    i used joboffer mod.
    please help me X(
  8. Encablossa
    Encablossa
    5/5,
    thank you for doing it that s what i've been looking for
  9. NeoslayerX
    NeoslayerX
    4/5,
    I can't change the clothing of crew members. Some of them look naked on the interface and their names change back.

I will download NONuniform to see what happens!
  10. Warlord27
    Warlord27
    5/5,
    Short Review in 4 hours
    5 Star don't ask it's really helpful for the race mod that don't have tenants or just few