1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Revised Mining Tools 2.2

Returns craftable picks and drills, boosts mining tool stats, and adds new mining tool tiers.

1. MasterSaturday
    [​IMG]

What this mod does

Returns picks and drills as craftable items and adds in the laser mining tool.

All tools are crafted at an anvil, with each tier introducing a new tier of tools.

Mining changes

-All mining tools now have a radius of 4.
    -All tools within their class (pick vs. drill) have the same tile damage value but different levels of durability.
    -Some tools have been changed to better fit the real-life properties of their material. Eg. titanium will be stronger than iron, stone will be stronger than wood, etc.
    -Heavily buffs the Laser Miner, increasing its range and durability while removing energy consumption.

Recipe changes

-Picks and drills are craftable again.
    -Laser Miner is craftable as well as purchasable.
    -Picks and drills require different objects to craft, depending on the item and material.

New tools

-Pulse mining tool has been added. It behaves similar to the drill but is much more powerful and durable.
    -Wood, stone, iron, and other various pickaxes have been added.
    -Iron and other various drills have been added.

Note

The tools have been modified in such a way that picks do not lose their value once drills are introduced. Picks are slower and weaker than drills, but they last much longer. Drills are more powerful, but they break more easily.
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    You must get the author's consent before including this mod in a compilation.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    You must get the author's consent before altering/redistributing any assets included in this mod.
    iInjection and myomi13 like this.

Recent Updates

1. Version 2.2
  2. 1.4 Update
  3. Update June 08, 2019 (2.01 hotfix)

Recent Reviews

1. Philippebert
    Philippebert
    5/5,
    Version: 2.2
    Can you make no durability version? btw i love this mods =D
  2. AArticuno3
    AArticuno3
    5/5,
    Version: 15Aug16
    Awesome mod! Can you make the mining laser work like the mech mining lasers? (so that the beam actually does the work and its not just another drill)
    1. MasterSaturday
      Author's Response
      I would like to do this, but it is outside the scope of what I've done before (which is pretty much just copying other files). I am going to see if I can get some help from people in the forums, but if I can't, then unfortunately the answer will be no.
  3. geekyloon
    geekyloon
    5/5,
    Version: 1.0.2
    Does what it says. Love being able to craft picks, and I actually like the leather/wire requirement. Makes making them a little more difficult and feel more valuable.