1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Outdated Xan Union Corvette v2.1 - Unstable Winter

Medium sized ship with 5 layouts, 6 colour schemes, and Decals. Contains Enraged and Upbeat editions

1. Ax.448
    Edit: Want to keep track of me / my projects? You can find me at http://ax448.tumblr.com/

FIRST UP! MULTIPLAYER WARNING:
    ( Only for Upbeat Giraffe/Unstable, not Enraged Koala.)
    If you are playing online with a custom ship, or are on a server with custom ships, for safety's sake, log off multiplayer, and go to singleplayer every time to upgrade your ship! )

This is just a precaution, because I've noticed that ships can cross contaminate if the host has the mod installed at least.

This applies mainly if say, you have a stock ship for humans, while the server has this ship installed for humans as well. The Server might in that case generate this ship over your human stock ship the next time you upgrade it, and thus mess it up.

(Transplanting a new shipworld will fix that, but it's best to just be cautious and avoid it altogether. )

This doesn't apply if both server and client have the same ship installed to the same race, however.

AND THUS IT HAS COME!

The ship now supports the upgradable ship system of the Unstable Winter update ( and with a tweak of the .modinfo, possibly also nightly builds. ) !

Anyhow, the download contains both the Enraged Edition as well as the Unstable Winter edition, so anyone not wanting to hop onto unstable will be able to still download/redownload the mod.

Also, the customization options have been changed up a bit, and thus I have dropped in a small readme into the customization folder.

I also made other-race-installation a bit easier, just copy over the race you want from Customization/ships/ to /ships/ , and it'll contain all the race specific files as well.

And lastly, if you encounter anything strange / wrong / not working, please write about it in this mod's discussion thread, there may be a bunch of dumb typos and oversights, after all.

Haha wow- Looks like VIcariousViking was nice enough to show off my ship ( And quite a few others ) on Youtube, have a look, it's the first one he shows off. ( :3 )

ATTENTION! THE INSTALL LOCATION HAS CHANGED, I'm just tired at the moment, will go over it later.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    THE ENTIRE MOD IS INSTALLED IN /STARBOUND/MODS/ NOW, NOT ASSETS.

So, I'm probably not finished with it just yet, but as it is it should be 100% playable without any issue.

I'd love some feedback, as it was pretty fun to make it, and I'll probably end up making more in the future.

[​IMG]

Now, you might notice that it doesn't have any internals, and that is because I'm lazy a feature, as it means that you can knock out the wall anywhere, and make a window, or two, or three. Just y'know, don't get choked by the lack of atmosphere.

NEW! 6 Colour Schemes in total, making for 30 variants of the ship!
    [​IMG]

NEW! You can now select between 5 variants of the ship's cargo-room layout!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Example Decal
    [​IMG]

NEW! User Submitted Skins/Decals!
    phytophile's awesome Dented Metal Decal!
    http://forums.playstarbound.com/index.php?members/phytophile.337654/

[​IMG]

Now, installation is pretty simple, although you'll want to go ahead and empty out your old ship. Store your stuff in some chests planetside, or something like that.

Extract the folder into your Starbound/mods/ folder.
    It'll look something like
    Starbound/mods/Ax448s pretty spaceshipmod/ ( not those exact words, tho. )

Default installation is for Glitch ships, if you want it for a different race, just rename the ships/human/ folder into the race you'll be playing as.

Then, it'll work!
    If you want one of the different colourschemes, or the decal, install them as per usual.
    You can find the different ship colours in
    /Starbound/Mods/Xan Union Cargo Corvette etc/Shipvariations for install/
    Select the files from the one you want, and copy them over to the ships/[RACE]/ folder.

If you want the grimy decal, find the one that matches your ship version, and copy it over to /ships/[RACE]/ as well.

* If you're going to make a new character to enjoy the ship, then go ahead and start it up, you're done.

* If you've already got a character, and want to swap over to this ship:
    --- Head over to \***\Steam\SteamApps\common\Starbound\player and back up the files there. ( There'll be 3 files per character, metadata, shipworld and player. )
    --- Now, make a new character that has the ship, save, and exit.
    --- All you need to do now, is to rename the new character's .shipworld to your old character's .shipworld, and they'll get the ship as it is, bells and whistles.

NEW!
    * If you've already got the mod installed, ( only compatible with 1.1.0, not earlier versions.)
    Then you can change the colour by downloading the mod, and replacing your shipship.png with the one you want! ( As long as you make sure that you're using the same layout, mixing layout variants will lead to invisible blocks! )

NEW! 03.01.2014
    DECAL SUPPORT!
    All the ships have decal support, so if you want any of the available decals ( only 1 at the moment, a basic grimy/dirty one) just copy it out of the Decal folder, and overwrite the decal.png in the ship folder.

However, I had to alter the .structure file, so if you've got an older version, you'll need to overwrite the current .structure file.

AND! I believe you need a new .shipworld for the decal to show, I'm hopeful that this'll be the last time anyone'll need to update their .shipworld / wipe the ship, for this mod.

ALSO! Since there is decal support now, you can customize the ship as you wish by simply adding things to the decal.png file, it'll show up on top of the ship proper, with transparency, if there in transparency in the image. ( Aka, don't use paint, but rather GIMP or Photoshop. ) It will however be rendered under any blocks/objects placed by Starbound.

Now, I'm actually not sure how this'll be in multiplayer, as I haven't tested that myself.

And to finish it off, if you've got feedback or suggestions, feel free to toss 'em over.
    Manni86, It'sHim, Phyros and 13 others like this.

Recent Reviews

1. PadThai
    PadThai
    5/5,
    Version: v2.1 - Unstable Winter
    So, I haven't really played this ship yet but it looks really cool and I have it installed. The only reason I haven't played it yet is because I want it for an existing character and I have no idea which three files belong to the character I want it for. How do I tell?
  2. -VIRS-
    -VIRS-
    5/5,
    Great ship that you added! But I don't know how to customize the ship correctly.
  3. ShiningShiva
    ShiningShiva
    5/5,
    I just love your ship, its design is both ingenious ans beautiful and there is just so much room! I'm installed it since a few older versions but haven't tried with Upbeat Giraffe. Doinbg that right away! Keep up the good work ;)
  4. Dragon_Tom005
    Dragon_Tom005
    5/5,
    I haven't been able to get it to work for the Kazdra race, yet. but i really like this ship,. so i'm going to keep on trying. :D
    1. Ax.448
      Author's Response
      Yeah custom races and custom ships sometimes clash a bit. It might be best to contact the creator of the Kazdra and ask how to set up the ship folder for the race.
  5. linxbolt
    linxbolt
    5/5,
    Version: 1.3.0 Enraged Ed.
    favorite ship mod more or less since it came out. it's not too big, but bigger than the starter ship
  6. Mr Mishmish
    Mr Mishmish
    5/5,
    Most Detailed ship mod I've Seen! It's awesome!
  7. PeNDoS
    PeNDoS
    5/5,
    Cool!
  8. grillsuppe
    grillsuppe
    5/5,
    This Mod is fantastic, but i can't install it..
    Can u help me?
    1. Ax.448
      Author's Response
      Sure, just hop over to the discussion tab of the mod, and write down what you've done so far, and I'll see what I can do.
  9. It'sHim
    It'sHim
    5/5,
    Great mod. With several different ways to customize your ship, and the just right amount of space. Perfect for having a home in your ship!
  10. malykot
    malykot
    5/5,
    Perfect size; not overwhelmingly big, and nowhere near the horrid cramped-ness of the default ships. Great for those who want to live out of their ships! c: