1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Outdated Xan Union Surveyor 1.0 - Enraged ed.

Small/compact ship with multiple colours and decals to choose from. 2.5x fuel, 2x lockers.

1. Ax.448
    Future support ( ie the Winter Update) for this specific ship will probably never come, considering the extremely low interest in it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

If you want to see the ship in action, Youtuber Vicarious Viking has shown off the ship in one of his shipmod compilations.

Not too many colours just yet, if there's a colourscheme you really want, give me a shout and I'll see what I can do about it. ( Otherwise, if you make your own recolour, I'd be glad to add it to the mod and credit you for your contribution. )

ATTENTION! THE INSTALL LOCATION HAS CHANGED, I'm just tired at the moment, will go over it later.
    [​IMG][​IMG]THE ENTIRE MOD IS INSTALLED IN /STARBOUND/MODS/ NOW, NOT ASSETS.

So, the Surveyor, it's a small ship by any standard, but it does feature two shiplockers, as well as a highly nonstandard fuel storage of 2500 Standard* Fuel* Units. ( It's the extra glowy bits on the bottom, I assume. )

* = debatable.

[​IMG]

So, ship installation is fairly straightforwards this time.

Just unpack the .zip into your mods folder.
    Which should be in /starbound/mods/
    Then go into the mod's folder, into ships, and rename the human folder into whatever race you'll be playing as.

Now, if you want one of the different colours, or decals, you can install those too.

Installing the decals is as simple as just dragging them from
    /human/Decals/
    to
    /human/

and they'll show up the next time you save+load your character.

Changing colour:
    All you need to do is to delete the ship.png from
    /human/
    Then copy the colourscheme you want from
    /human/
    and rename it ship.png.

Once you've installed it, start up a character of the race you installed it to, and you're golden!

____
    * If you've already got a character, and want to swap over to this ship:
    --- Head over to \***\Steam\SteamApps\common\Starbound\player and back up the files there. ( There'll be 3 files per character, metadata, shipworld and player. )
    --- Now, make a new character that has the ship, save, and exit.
    --- All you need to do now, is to rename the new character's .shipworld to your old character's .shipworld, and they'll get the ship as it is, bells and whistles.
    ____

Multiplayer: If I haven't misunderstood, the mod should work 100% in multiplayer, if anyone else playing has the mod installed as well ( they don't need the .structure file though, just the /ships/ax448-Surveyor/ folder. )

Otherwise, it'll work, but they won't be able to see the ship, only the blocks placed by Starbound.

Ps: I think the engine looks snazzy and I hope you like it too.
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    Anyone can use this mod in their mod compilation without the author's consent.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    Anyone can alter/redistribute the mod's assets without the author's consent.
    Kajshiki and sρooκs like this.

Recent Reviews

1. USMC_karl
    USMC_karl
    5/5,
    Version: v1.0 Furious Colours
    This is just so perfect. I like to build my base and keep my ship... shipish. With this mod you have enough room to have a cool little taxi between stars!
  2. VIcariousViking
    VIcariousViking
    5/5,
    Version: v1.0 Furious Colours
  3. Rizzozo
    Rizzozo
    5/5,
    Version: 0.9
    I love that it follows the same style as your corvette. The bottom of the ship including that rail part is simply awesome pixel work.

Also the brushed/worn metal varieties and the extra decals just put this into 5 star territory. Well done.
  4. skulledrebel
    skulledrebel
    4/5,
    Version: 0.9
    Nice! I like the compact-ness of it and it looks like you can still fit quite a bit in that "small" amount of space. Looks really cool too!