Dev Blog 14th March - A Star War

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Mar 14, 2017.

1. PyreStarite

PyreStarite Space Kumquat

I heard that the 1.2 update is coming in the next week.

2. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Current version is already 1.2.3b for steam and 1.2.2 for GoG. :nurukappa:

~ Iris ~

ManicRykker, Jonesy and Kawa like this.
  3. PyreStarite

PyreStarite Space Kumquat

Is it? Let me look back... Oh ok, another April Fools joke failed horribly.

4. ManicRykker

ManicRykker Phantasmal Quasar

I'm honestly surprised Chucklefish didn't do something wacky this year in Starbound...

They must be really busy with this upcoming update. (Which I am still SUPER excited for)

Kawa and Lodish like this.
  5. davoker

davoker Cosmic Narwhal

Star Control 2 (or Ur-Quan Masters HD MOD):

[​IMG]

Starbound new galactic map:

[​IMG]

:rofl::catlol:

6. nefrem

nefrem Phantasmal Quasar

Chucklefish... i love you so much but your communication is so... so... i searched my words... so minimalist !

7. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

All the easier for the rest of us to build elaborate wishes.

8. ManicRykker

Elaborate wishes, and crazy hopes that will likely never see the light of day, even though we wish they would

I don't really mind the gaps between status updates. I usually just occupy myself with other stuff until something inevitably drops, and I have a hype-fueled freak out.

9. Lord Humungus

Lord Humungus Big Damn Hero

As I've said before Terraria-lite plus Star Control 2 is a p. comfy niche for starbound to be in. A game legit copying or even just ripping off Star Control 2 would be something good that we haven't seen yet. Bought starbound b/c of the terraria-clone aspect so it getting SC2's stuff would be good bonus.

10. Thexare

Thexare Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Frackin' Races should be right up your alley, then. Each race has different attributes, and it has support for a lot of mod races too.

11. DraikNova

DraikNova Spaceman Spiff

What I want to know is when they'll finally fix the fossil system. It's still labeled as archeology rather than palaeontology, and while that makes a small amount of sense for the humanoid fossils, since technically they can't even be fossils, since 10 000 years is generally considered the minimum age for something to be a fossil, it makes very little sense for most of the others. That, and the T. Rex is all kinds of messed up. First of all, the game, rather than using the correct . after the T, instead uses -, which is kind of a big deal, since it's the difference between an abbreviation and a brand name. Second of all, it's missing its eye sockets. And third, its wrists are broken (its hands should be turned inwards, not downwards).

ManicRykker and Kawa like this.
  12. DragonsForce

DragonsForce Weight of the Sky

I'd hardly call that an impactful issue that needs "fixing"... I'm pretty sure most people are not even aware of the difference between archeology and palaeonthology.
    As for the fossile:
    -At least in german, the creature you are talking about is often, if not even most commonly reffered to as T-Rex (Compare https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tyrannosaurus , 2nd paragraph). Whilst that may not be true to the origin, it is the way it is used in everyday language and
    writing.
    -Many, if not most dinosaur bones where not correctly assembled originally.
    -Who says that is the creature from Earth's pre-history? Are you saying dinosaurs had access to space travel, and spread over millions of star systems? (Or rather, only this one species of dinosaurs, since the other fossiles to be found don't look anything like the ones we dug out here on earth)

Thexare likes this.
  13. ManicRykker

The little things with the fossils that could be fixed seem more like polish tweaks to me.

It's sorta like how there are little grammatical errors here and there in some npc dialog, and in other places. Some things could use some tweaks and polish, but they aren't game breaking.

I'm always tempted to try to fix them when I see them, but then I remember it would only function on the mod level... Rip.

That said, I'm sure they'll look through the little things after they get some of these more.. "substantial" content updates done. Lol

14. DraikNova

DraikNova Spaceman Spiff

Sorry, it just really annoys me when there are issues that could have been fixed with the most basic of research, or even just having surface-level knowledge of the subject one is talking/writing/coding/whatever-ing about.

15. metadept

metadept Mostly Harmless Codesman

Starbound is a work of fiction. No identification with actual persons (living or deceased), places, buildings, or accepted facts is intended or should be inferred.

16. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

You'd at least expect a science-minded character to know the difference between a race and a species, though ;)

17. Ludovic

Ludovic Giant Laser Beams

Sincerely I think there's a point to be there about demands for Vita versions so long after it increasingly seem like Sony themselves dropped the Vita. At this point *nintendo* of all people might make more sense since by all account thanks to Breath of the Wild alone the nintendo switch has been selling like hot cakes(even breaking sales records for nintendo in america when it comes to sales on release day of the console).

So I have a hard time seeing the potential of a Vita version in a market where Nintendo is becoming an healty option again with a portable console that should be much better able to handle these games than the 3ds ever did(ontop of natively supporting tv play without additional purchases) while the PS4 and Xbox One also more than remain solid options.

koolieo1 and Kawa like this.
  18. ManicRykker

In a game with magic science staves and pirating penguins, I would guess realism isn't particularly a core focus. Lol

koolieo1 and DragonsForce like this.
  19. ThePurpleMage

ThePurpleMage Space Hobo

Do you think they would have seperate racial abilities,
    becuase that hasn't happened with the armor
    but it would be really cool if thy did.

QUESTION!
    Can someone please please please
    make a mod
    that mods the mech
    to look like the
    big daddys
    from bioshock!
    (DRILLS!)

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 5, 2017
  20. BatPetersAKAEnderzilla747

BatPetersAKAEnderzilla747 Pangalactic Porcupine

*Ahem* Terrene Protectorate intro mission, background parallax. London's Tower Bridge.

koolieo1, ManicRykker and Kawa like this.