Dev Blog 1st November - A Whole New World

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Nov 1, 2016.

1. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Frackin'Universe, my friend, Frackin'Universe.

Some of these blocks are NOT useless in FU, lol.

Axe Garian likes this.
  2. STCW262

STCW262 Heliosphere

Indeed. For starters, Loose Silt becomes really useful because it's both common and useless for anything but producing Silicon.

Axe Garian likes this.
  3. MrVauxs

MrVauxs Giant Laser Beams

Would be better if it produced ores at low rate beacuse i can't handle the shit FU is giving
    It's like giving you a meal which MUST be continued by other one

4. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

@TCR47 :

Don't throw Silt in the extractor, lol.

What are you, crazy!? Throw that stuff in the Powder Sifter for Carbon, Diamonds, Iron, Coal, and Ice Crystals among other things.

If you want Si, use Sand in the extractor until you can grow Poe Trees.

Axe Garian likes this.
  5. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

You ask this here of all places?

Lodish, Axe Garian and Jareix Cryvix like this.
  6. STCW262

STCW262 Heliosphere

I didn't know of THAT. Now it seems like a single mod can make that block form "Completely useless" to "Really useful resource".

Axe Garian likes this.
  7. alextulinov

alextulinov Scruffy Nerf-Herder

so whats the ETA on the update?and is there anything else other than terraforming,I mean its cool and all but a 2 months wait for one tool which few people that dont focus on building will use?

8. DragonsForce

DragonsForce Weight of the Sky

They don't give out ETAs that far in advance anymore ("That far" being more than a week). The dav team shrunk after the official release, thus it is to be expected that the development slows down. Furthermore, terraforming has been requested by a large number of players since the early days of Starbound, I think a lot of people will wnat to use it. And I'm pretty sure it will be specificly the people that DO focus on building....

Axe Garian, Tamorr and Kawa like this.
  9. korvas

korvas Void-Bound Voyager

Heck yeah
    I see this as a cool solution to an issue I had earlier, where I wanted planets to build on that didn't have generated structures. Hopefully I can just do that by terraforming barren planets now. Would love to hear more details about how it affects weather

Axe Garian likes this.
  10. Dragonflyspectrum

Dragonflyspectrum Void-Bound Voyager

when will the horrible frame skipping be fixed on windows 7 ive been waiting almost a year to be able to play this game again. do the devs even care about us anymore

11. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

I have Windows 7 and I don't have any frame skipping?

DragonsForce and Axe Garian like this.
  12. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Have Windows 7, can confirm.

DragonsForce and Axe Garian like this.
  13. Ainzoal

Ainzoal Ketchup Robot

DragonsForce, Kawa and Axe Garian like this.
  14. Omegagreen

Omegagreen Starship Captain

No, you've paid for the game and can't get a refund. Unlikely that you're worth anything anymore.

Dragonflyspectrum likes this.
  15. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

*rolls eyes*

Yeah, CF is such an evil corporation that is only out to rip us off and treat us like dirt, and they hate us, blah blah blah

\heavy sarcasm

Seriously. I really don't understand this mentality. Just because a few people are having trouble with the game when the vast majority can run it fine... ever come to think that it is YOUR COMPUTER and not the game at fault?

Oh, but nooo, it HAS to be CF's fault!

*sigh* Maybe it hasn't been fixed, because what is causing the error is so obtuse, they can't find it? Less than 1% of the people are affected by it, it's probably something stupid like a specific piece of hardware or software mucking things up.

16. Omegagreen

Sorry about that, it's just that I'm beginning to find it hard to support it. I don't mean financially or hardware like (although about 80% of complaints about the game apear to be its hardwear issues)

Dragonflyspectrum likes this.
  17. Dragonflyspectrum

there was a thread way back at the beginning of this year where we already figured out that it was mostly win 7 pro users that were having the issues, regardless of the power of the PC.
    the issue was that for whatever reason it cant run on this entire type of operating system, which is the devs issue, and they still havent fixed it.
    I stopped supporting this game because of it like 10 months ago lol

18. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

A lot of people with win 7 don't even have any problems at all. Btw...what are your specs?

~ Iris ~

Axe Garian likes this.
  19. Omegagreen

Actually the common problem appears to be after the 1.0 release. I didn't say CF were evil. It's just that your input doesn't matter. They have made many games pulling in a lot of revenue. Why should they care about their less-played game if Stardew Valley pulls a lot more weight?

20. Dragonflyspectrum

i didnt say win 7 i said win 7 pro
    duo core 3.0 processor 4 gigs of ram 64 op system win 7 pro intel G41 express chipset graphics card w/ 1695 MB total graphics memory
    its old but way past the minimal requirements needed to run the game.
    worked completely fine before the update.