Dev Blog 26th April - Some Assembly Required

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Apr 26, 2017.

1. Eranderil Grey

Eranderil Grey Phantasmal Quasar

2. ChronoHyperion

ChronoHyperion Big Damn Hero

hahaha yeah, Ronin Rho's legs + Ronin Rho Jetpacks + Miniaturized Theta Rail Cannons on both sides = TOTAL DESTRUCTION!!!

Ainzoal likes this.
  3. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

No wipes should be necessary.

AFAIK, a change like this would merely require you to travel enough distance to generate a new quadrant of the universe with the new "rules".

You can see this by installing any mod that adds planets or makes changes to star systems, like Frackin Universe. Start a brand new universe and player, and play for a bit. Then install the mod. The existing systems that were already generated will not have the new stars/planets/biomes. However, if you travel far enough to generate new stars, the new stars that will be generated will be using FU rules and you will see the new stuff.

Same thing should happen with this upcoming update.

EDIT: The only time a wipe would be required is if they remove something, or if they make current stars/planets/biomes invalid so that when the game attempts to load one, it crashes. This happens when you uninstall the aforementioned mods. And I doubt that they would do that. Existing star systems should still be valid, they are just lacking stuff that you'd find in newly generated ones.

4. atlasle

atlasle Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I hope there's a flea market to buy exotic parts.
    It would fulfill my ingame trading needs.

PaxCallow and Noobgalaxies like this.
  5. SHFranky

SHFranky Void-Bound Voyager

Dunno if you guys have already considered this, but I think it'd be really amazing if we had some sort of docking station at the back- or under-sides of our ships where we can not only display our mechs but just exit our ships right then and there. I imagine it would look just like those laser barriers you've shown, only on our own ships.

I suppose y'all might already have something in mind for this, since we haven't seen how you actually deploy into space, but I think this would be much better than just teleporting out and you're in your mech.

Heartstrings likes this.
  6. DrakoZ

DrakoZ Pangalactic Porcupine

At least would hint when there will be a subsequent patch =)
    And then tired of waiting .....

7. Lintton

Lintton Guest

Ocassus mech troopers
    Agaran Portobello sacuers
    Space Shockhoppers
    The Jelly.

whole missions can be made out of this.

Ludovic and Hatsya Souji like this.
  8. DraikNova

DraikNova Spaceman Spiff

I'm sorry, but my subconscious, upon reading your post, immediately conjured up the mental image of the Jelly in a sandwhich mecha.

9. Flannel

Flannel Subatomic Cosmonaut

I'm hoping this gives us a more proper ability to build in space... Because while you can build on things like Asteroid Belts or Moons, they don't have any oxygen, which makes it impossible to make an actual colony there. Unless if there's been a way to give buildings oxygen that I'm just not seeing.

10. Hatsya Souji

Hatsya Souji Parsec Taste Tester

If this gets off, I can see Avali eared chicken walkers, Ningen-Neko-Kemono chibi Magical Girl mechas, Cubic, holographic Elunite fighting systems, and even better if the Xikai, and Gyrussens have beastly mechs too post-update.

11. Tuliup Man

Tuliup Man Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Horn slot... HONK BLASTER 9000 when?

12. MrCasual112

MrCasual112 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Those mechs are indeed awesome, but I'm a little worried that the entire patch will revolve around exploring space in your space mech to make your space mech better. Once you max it out I'm sure the boredom will kick in quickly.

I'm excited for the update though, but I'd like to see some new base features as well. Like those new merchants were mentioned, will they only sell mech paraphernalia or other stuff thats otherwise a pain to collect? Would be neat to see a merchant that sells pet related things like capture pods and collars. Or a legit gun store that sells an absurd amount of guns, and bring back some of the old types of guns with bouncy plasma and stuff!

Although I've got tons of faith in you guys, I think it would be cool to see more high tech space-age themed weapons in space, or derelict vessels filled with those creatures mentioned in one of the codexes...like the jelly monster or whatever it was that would attack ships in space. And finding laser weapons and plasma weapons aboard those ships!

STCW262 likes this.
  13. davoker

davoker Cosmic Narwhal

A question, what if you fall into an empty space from an asteroid? Do you fall to a planet or die and lose your items?

This game invites you to start it again, it entertains a lot xD

14. DjayBlu

DjayBlu Space Hobo

In a future update, a pretty awesome feature would be to do this, but with weapons instead of Mechs.
    Although the hype is still real for me. :nuruhype:

Noobgalaxies likes this.
  15. Ishrindor

Ishrindor Cosmic Narwhal

I'm wondering if this is in the unstable or nightly version of the game?
    And I'm also wondering if mods on the main game[via steam workshop] would impact nightly.

16. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Can confirm, it is not and they don't.

17. Ishrindor

Ishrindor Cosmic Narwhal

Ah ok guess I'll wait and see when it does hit.
    Cause I like the new solar system well system, also I'm wondering when someone will mod the Xs Mechs into the parts so we can use them with the default ones
    when this hits stable build.

18. KRANOT

KRANOT Big Damn Hero

will mechs also have visual slots like armour and outfits have 2 sepperat slots?

19. Toa_Derax

Toa_Derax Pangalactic Porcupine

Probably not, i'd wager.

20. MrCasual112

MrCasual112 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'd love an official version of this, but there's already a mod that does this. You can take the back part, middle, and end parts of guns and mix and match for various effects and visuals.

I'd like a way to make your own monsters by mixing and matching parts on randomly generated creatures. Like Spore lite.