Dev Blog 7th October - Status Update!

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Oct 7, 2016.

1. Jareix Cryvix

Jareix Cryvix The Waste of Time

I know cynical... That wasn't cynical. :p
    But yeah, if they've got multiple types of roguelike dungeons for different themes generating their own unique loot and monsters... Hoo damn... Abandoned ships, ruined colonies, new giant USCM bunkers, glitch catacombs, apex labs (big ones), and others...
    My god... So much for starbound being among my favorite non-roguelikes...

Relten likes this.
  2. General Nuclear

General Nuclear Supernova

when are the green and gray poptops come?

3. Megumin

Megumin Guest

never c:

4. General Nuclear

WHAT!!!
    it should be the easyest thing to add
    we are already useing the green poptop as a smiley :poptop: :poptop: :poptop::poptop::poptop:

Last edited: Oct 9, 2016
  5. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

One-word posts are frowned upon, guys. You shouldn't be making them.

6. General Nuclear

what one word post?

7. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

The one you just edited. Let's not insult each other's intelligence.

This is off-topic, anyway.

DesVoeux and Kawa like this.
  8. General Nuclear

joke was that you posted that seconds afther i edited it.

anyway, on topic the hunger system still has a very big flaw, and thats that we die by standing still for a few minutes. that don't make sense at all because we can go as long as a month without food, but when we move then we use more of our bodys resources and thats why i mean that the hunger bar should only get drained when we move

9. MithranArkanere

MithranArkanere Space Kumquat

All I really want right now is a minimap.

Can't really enjoy the game without it.

10. DarkBirdo

DarkBirdo Phantasmal Quasar

You literally said everything I had to say. More generated weapon variety, unique weapons, armour, biomes and/or variety on existing ones.
    I would like to see events like after beating a mission a certain event would occur, for example after beating the Kluex Avatar, you could be attacked by kluex devotees, the same after taking down asra nox and big ape.
    And optimization is necessary because my graphics card is not in perfect condition, but I can run games like Portal 2 and The Witcher 3 just fine, but Starbound at times, especially when near lots of NPCs just goes down the drain.

Jareix Cryvix likes this.
  11. Jareix Cryvix

I didn't make the vid btw. And I've had no optimization issues on my end, but it would be nice to see some fixes.
    Honestly though, the terrain gen thing is what I really want to see. It's so FCKING AWESOME AND STRANGE AND I LOVE IT! Planets of ash bone and flesh! Planets formed from both lava and ice! Think about the amazing craziness that would come from such generation. It'd probably be suitable for adding a new post-ruin sector like how there used to be sectors back in early beta.

12. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

This is why we have a Like Button.
    Posting such things like "^this" is really unnecessary and is essentially spam.

Please use the Like button in the future - unless you are planning on contributing something much more meaningful to the post.

13. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Almost as if Chad Warden died for nothing.

14. DarkBirdo

And post ruin armour and weapons fitted for every race, like "Iggdrasil Armor" for Florans, "Gryphon Armor" for Avians, "Solar Armour" for Novakids, "Poseidon Armour" for Hylotl, "Dragon Armour" for the Glitch, "Heracles Armour" for Humans and "King Kong" Armour for Apex, along with the respective weapons, one of each kind or spear/staff for avians, dual wielding daggers for florans that would have a secondary ability or finisher if dual wielded, a gun for the novakids, a hammer for the apex, a katana for the hylotl, a two handed battle axe for the glitch and a broadsword for humans. All that made with something like "Cultivator Fragments"

Kawa likes this.
  15. Jareix Cryvix

We'll have to see about armor... I'd personally love to see RG'd armor in the future, constructed similarly to how weapons are...

AlbertoRota likes this.
  16. AlbertoRota

AlbertoRota Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Not only armor, but monsters and NPC's too!!!

Sure they are random, but they are different from weapons.
    For weapons we can read and modify their build scripts, but for NPC's and monsters we can't since they are built inside the engine and not from lua. :nurusad:

17. DarkBirdo

I have an idea for the boss weapons, there would be two types, offensive and defensive: the Erchius Horror could also drop an erchius shield, the Ixodoom could drop a dagger that when dual wielded would shoot poison, Asra Nox could drop her shield that would be used as any shield, but this one would defend you from all sides, the Kluex Avatar could also obtain like a kluex spear that would generate an effect like the kluex staff, but instead it would boost both life and defense, Big Ape could drop a holographic projector to distract enemies while you run, it would be extra useful during the fight with Ruin to lure the monsters into its laser cone attack, the Bone Dragon would drop part of its skull or its whole skull, a two handed shield you could use to defend yourself and bash/ram/dash into your enemies at the cost of energy.

18. Unclever title

Unclever title Cosmic Narwhal

Glanced at the screenshot from this update and for whatever reason my brain momentarily didn't recognize the adult Poptop and saw some kind of white slug. Then I realized I had somehow accidentally ignored the Poptop's arms and "head."

It looked like this: My mind interpreted the claws in front as tentacles, and the claws in back as scales on the back of the slug

[​IMG]

A big faceless white betentacled slug... seems like it'd be an interesting enemy to add to the game.

19. Titanium

Titanium Existential Complex

I always thought it would be interesting to have an endgame scenario resembling the kind of space diplomacy that Starfleet gets into, if you get my drift. Optionally, of course.

Jonesy and General Nuclear like this.
  20. Lintton

Lintton Guest

Surely big poptops should be harder, right?

General Nuclear likes this.