Dev Blog 7th October - Status Update!

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Oct 7, 2016.

1. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

I suppose they could be.

And don't call me Shirley.

2. DeathMongerX

DeathMongerX Void-Bound Voyager

any updates on the xbox one game preview release? :nuruninja:

3. Jessicaksch

Jessicaksch Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Please please please let there be an option to rename crewmembers and pets :)

Avarwen likes this.
  4. Avito

Avito Subatomic Cosmonaut

5. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

Please note that one-word posts are frowned upon under forum rules. A sentence ought to do it for most posts.

6. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

I'll make note of that for my upcoming player editing utility.

No, not a new Starcheat. More like something to change your hairstyle and color, name, maybe description. Clean out old quests, certainly. And I suppose editing crewmembers in the same way.

7. Avito

soo

Very cool idea how I'm most this idea

Thank you for your attention I will no longer respect the rules

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2016
  8. Jonesy

I'm hoping that's just a dodgy translation, and not a statement of intent.

Also, please use the edit button instead of double-posting. Keeps things tidier, that way.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2016
    Kawa likes this.
  9. AlbertoRota

AlbertoRota Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Given his/her post in this and other threads, I'ts quite safe to assume that he/she don't know a lot of English and that he/she is not using a translator (Or using an horrible one).
    IMHO, "I will no longer respect the rules" it's more likely to be a typo rather than a direct confrontation.

10. Jonesy

I'll give them the benefit of the doubt. I just don't think I've seen a translator result in such a directly opposite statement before.

But this is off-topic, anyhow.

AlbertoRota likes this.
  11. Avito

so I use google translator

12. WallyBW93

WallyBW93 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Oh cool new stuff! I look forward to it.

13. Grubageddon

Grubageddon Title Not Found

The day they turn this game into an honest to god roguelike is the day I uninstall the game and never pick it up again.

Why would I do that? Because I didn't buy it wanting a roguelike. If I wanted a roguelike, I'd play Rogue or Diablo. I bought Starbound because I wanted what Starbound was selling. A massive, procedurally generated universe open to exploration and building, that generated worlds on a tiered basis.

That said? I'm cool with the randomized "Ancient Trial" dungeon missions people keep talking about. Those'll probably be a lot of fun.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2016
    Avarwen, Jareix Cryvix and Jonesy like this.
  14. Jareix Cryvix

Jareix Cryvix The Waste of Time

The way I see it, it's already a roguelite as it is. (At least if you play on Survival anyway...) I'm not saying the game should become a roguelike, I'm just saying that the prospect of the Ancient Trial is one that really feels would add a solid section of the game as a proper roguelite in my mind, and would add great modding potential for someone to turn the addition full Roguelike.
    I like roguelike games. Adding the Ancient Trial wouldn't change SB into a roguelike, it'd just be there for someone like me to enjoy.

Grubageddon and Snow_Blaze like this.
  15. Grubageddon

And as I said, I'm perfectly cool with the Ancient Trials.

But there was someone going on earlier in the thread about how the game needs to just be transformed into the platform equivalent of a roguelike through and through. For me, such a thing would just flat out be a non-starter.

Avarwen likes this.
  16. Lintton

Lintton Guest

So um, Rhopunzel's tweeting things. mayhap there has been a change of employment?

17. Grubageddon

Based on the profile changes and the... sheer vitriol in her most recent tweet, Iiiiiiiii'd say that's a... definite possibility.

EDIT:

Actually, Rho left in 2014.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2016
  18. Kumpel

Kumpel Scruffy Nerf-Herder

When will Starbound come back from the war...

19. WallyBW93

WallyBW93 Subatomic Cosmonaut

What do you mean?

My apologies moderator.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2016
  20. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Please note that one-word posts are frowned upon the forum rules. Please edit at least a complete sentence in.

Regards
    Iris Blanche