Dev Blog 9th May - Bless This Spess

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, May 9, 2017.

1. DinoExplorer2000

DinoExplorer2000 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

isnt spam a lot of short Messages repeated quickly after eachother?

2. HachiYakumo

HachiYakumo Phantasmal Quasar

Yes but Hel said that one word post will be considered as spam too.
    Btw Sorry for my last post. I didn't mean to offend anyone.

In other order of things. I'd also want some sort of sistem that encourage exploration. Starbounders usually just get on a planet, farm its resources and leave. Stop Galactus.

P.S: Release the update soon please. Hype is killing me.

Last edited: May 23, 2017
  3. bloodsplatBOOM

bloodsplatBOOM Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Don't rush the devs. That's how you get unfinished content.

4. HachiYakumo

I'm just saying that I already farmed enough durasteel to build an entire death star xD My character is so ready

5. jagexspacemaster

jagexspacemaster Master Chief

also i deleted the original post probably before you saw it so if you want to rag on me about it thats your issue not mine. additionally there is a yellow section about the size of a mech customization terminal in the room i mentioned and nothing else to show any more special capability. a teleporter is convenient because you can go there and back and forth quickly whenever soooo its probably the main way. i honestly don't know why you would think it would ever be practical to mainly take the mech there or why you think that sentence would imply that.

6. DraikNova

DraikNova Spaceman Spiff

How much durasteel is "enough to build a death star" exactly?

Kawa likes this.
  7. jagexspacemaster

jagexspacemaster Master Chief

you can't it was clearly denoted the orbits of other planets are a no go zone

just use the core segments they probably would fill it all in modularly....

no this is stupid you wouldn't want to handle it that via difficulty because because difficulty denotes death penalties and adding extra modifiers relient on those is unfair for people that 'didn't sign up for this' it should be separate then difficult. what if someone on hardcore thinks there safe on there station then dies permanently because of a different extra difficulty modifier lumped in that was not originally part of the difficulty and they where not aware of. having invasions on your station would be cool but it would be extremely hard to balance and theyd have to figure out a better way for the player to decide if they want to deal with that i feel its only reasonable. if they can make it work and be controllable reasonably it would be cool but it would be hard to make work.

im just saying it would be difficult to balance defence wise and to make it a pheasable choice and having it reliant on basic difficulty would be an extra danger along with difficulty normally making you loose more stuff exponentially increasing the brutality of this and many people wouldn't want to deal with that and in that system likely would not have a choice.

it would be cool but it would be hard to implement in a way that would be fair to everyone.

Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2017
  8. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

Basic sentence structure. There is a difference in meaning depending on the order you present it.

If they had said "includes a teleporter and an entrance for your mech for convenience" That changes things quite a bit. It clearly implies that the teleporter is the main entrance and the mech entrance is extra, but in this case it is the other way around, they mention the mech entrance first and the teleporter is an extra.

Also... learn to edit posts. You've triple posted already.

The Squid likes this.
  9. HachiYakumo

Lets see I guess (or at least I hope) that 3 large wooden crates, filled with stacks of durasteel plus one chest make: 88.000 durasteel
    Thanks to the minning mecha armor (mecha mod)
    [​IMG]

Yavor likes this.
  10. DraikNova

DraikNova Spaceman Spiff

I'm assuming you mean the XS mech mod's Ronin Rho? Cause the only other mining mech I can find is severely outdated. On a side note, I suspect the Bulldozer mod would be even quicker, since a: I'm pretty sure that thing is indestructible; no need to worry about enemies in the slightest; b: it digs through stuff instantly, rather than within 2-5 seconds; and c: it actually has a key to pick up all nearby objects.

11. NuclearSlayer52

NuclearSlayer52 Phantasmal Quasar

idk who i should be quoting (too many people talking about it) but the invasions thing on your station should maybe be like 2% for casual stations, 4% for normal stations and 8% for hardcore station maybe though for making it fair so that instead of death whilst on the station and instead of it being destroyed you just have to repair it from your ship and youll just be warped to your ship BUT it required you to upgrade it and you need to fix the upgrade each successful (not for you btw) invasion maybe not though maybe just the invasion chances (or have it start without weapons, players cant attack until you have turrets and theres half of the chances i said at the start if you dont have any turrets aka less likely a race will see you as danger and attack you)

i do like the mechs to the station thing and that it seems you have to "orbit" the station to enter it and that mechs can spacewalk it but... flags and grapple hooks and (likely have before first 2) the EPP? but ive had an idea while typing... what if as an end game thing to upgrade it... you could upgrade the station to mine into stars or upgrade the mechs to while in the mech beam into the stars or into gas giants? or maybe that mechs can be upgraded in tiers to go into the cores of planets (upgrade for the heat resist and an upgrade for a magnet, only working with items that exist as shadows like when fishing and too much stuff and itll drop the items, theyll only become actual items once above lava sea level and on solid tiles like the rocket jump tech card upgrade) to get materials to upgrade magnet and heat resistance to go into gas giants and then final upgrade both to go into the stars (maybe the different stars are also different tiers. the normal ones to hot to radiated to cold?)

btw the mech mining thing is helped alot by @DraikNova and @HachiYakumo

also final thing is that... will the stations have weird gravity after a certain size/mass? just wondering cause the mining idea was also helped cause i was thinking of the Starmine mod for minecraft (possibly and likely from Draik and Hachi again) also i kinda would like the gravity thing to happen but maybe an option that only the station owner can use and set default to normal gravity (this should be possible cause not... this would likely mean you could make a giant death tunnel to the void while having it have the circular gravity compatibility would prevent you from building a system going right until you hit it again without as sudden of as a stop being felt) and if so i hope youre screen (maybe to prevent people literally becoming sick from this a graphics setting only able to change in config files set to default to have it off but can be changed?) will rotate as you move as you do? or maybe 2 types of stations where one has a circle bound (the gravity in the center) and one like planets (moving left forever gets to the right of your station without the actual affect of walking around the planet/gravitational point aka down) but still the hidden option preventing literally getting sick set default to false for the rotation as you walk (and you cant maybe the round stations core be less then a 11 radius, 13 if you include the core aka gravity point and 25 as the diameter still including the floor and core, but maybe to make it playable for people aka not making everyone sick and it being a useless bit of used code, the diameter should be like 45 to 75 or something that while standing on the floor you see part of the core for the middle zoom mode?)

any ways to select it and spoiler faster rather then typing the "spoiler=" and "/spoiler" stuff? btw replace the " like "123" to [123] to make the spoilers k

12. HachiYakumo

That one the XS Mech mod xD That mod it's awesome but some mechs are too much. But there's another mod (ZZ mech modifications) that adds more mech I only took the minning mech there.

13. DraikNova

DraikNova Spaceman Spiff

So you use the ZZ Mining Sigma? Huh, I never knew ZZ's mining mech was that much more effective at mining than the Tau.

14. HachiYakumo

The Tau is too overpowered I don't want to break the game, and the ZZ mining Sigma is really efficient.

15. Healthire

Healthire Can't Most Program the Least

Oh man, I'm so sorry. The durasteel recipe was a placeholder. The station parts won't actually be using durasteel :(

16. HachiYakumo

OH GAWD D: REALLY?!!!
    HAHAHAHAHA Welp if is that so at least I have enough durasteel for an entire life TTwTT. No worries xDDD

Wartavian, Lintton and Pilchenstein like this.
  17. Lintton

Lintton Guest

Whole planets destroyed for your error. :lickitung::(

it's cool though, I didn't mine. Though I wonder who was living on them.

18. HachiYakumo

Poor poor planets, and poor poor me :cry:
    Let's look on the bright side. Now I became the durasteel lord :DD

Kawa likes this.
  19. DinoExplorer2000

DinoExplorer2000 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

you can make a durasteel castle

20. voiditect

voiditect Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I can hardly wait...
    at least send another Dev Blog our way! :chrono: