A lack of Ranged Anti-Air.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by voodoozulu, Jun 14, 2017.

1. voodoozulu

voodoozulu Aquatic Astronaut

First i would like to start off by saying i'm already in love with this game and have played the advanced wars games extensively.

I love the role of most of the characters in the game so far but i am concerned at the moment about a few issues. Flying units have no great deterrent at the moment. Harpies are relatively cheap and are elite shock troops with the ability to engage until they were ready, alchemists counter them, but are comparatively slower, bound to land and (with the most recent video i've seen) Go 50/50 with a harpy if the harpy attacks first.

In advanced wars flying units were extremely powerful but were contained by a few units, namely missiles and carriers. the range on these units provided defense against air units that i feel wargroove is desperately missing. these units were an invenstment, slow compared to air units and could only counter air units, but acquiring them kept your ground units (many of whom can't counter attack the air units) somewhat safe. The air units could always harass another flank with their high mobility. By only having the alchemist as anti-air you are giving a huge advantage to the player who chooses to invest in air units and very little strategic counterplay to the player who forgoes air units.

• blueYOSHI

blueYOSHI Void-Bound Voyager

Heres a screenshot of the "Recruiting unit" screen:
      [​IMG]
      At the right side we see 15 units, im sure we didnt see all of these, especially the second last could be a effective troop against air

• SamuriFerret

SamuriFerret Tallest Artist

Not all of the units are in the versions of Wargroove we've shown publicly. Several of the units not yet seen are effective at countering air, so rest assured that it won't be a problem!