1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Bug/Issue Solved: (somehow) Abigail won't get out of bed

Discussion in 'Support' started by TheTearer, Apr 29, 2017.

1. TheTearer

TheTearer Phantasmal Quasar

Never encountered this before the update. I have the NPC Map Locations mod, and not only does Abi not move, she doesn't show up on the map at all. I have no idea what's causing this. I'm not running any new mods, only updates to them for compatability. (And that was a job and a half to do.) I've never encountered this before, and I've tried removing any mods that might affect Abi systematically, and nothing seems to fix this.

Has anyone else encountered a bug like this since the update? Characters just not moving or not showing up?

• MysticTempest

MysticTempest Spaceman Spiff

Hrm, if you want to zip up, and upload your save here. I can take a closer look for you.

I haven't encountered this bug naturally. But, there's various ways to recreate it. Bad scheduling data, glitching them stuck by editing their location data(or duplicating them); little things like that.
      The new update converts old saves to be compatible with the v1.2 update. So, there's always the chance of a few glitches in conversion.

• TheTearer

Well, it was a new save, so....I ended up uninstalling everything, deleting all the old file info, reinstalling, then testing functioning after each small set of changes. Haven't found what changed, but everything's installed and now people are where they're supposed to be. ~shrugs~ Now I have a completely different problem. Still no idea what it is, but it happens when I open the menu and hover over the first set of parsnip seeds. Everything freezes and I get a long SMAPI error message that I have no idea what it means. Wish it let me copy and paste.

"[17:24:46 ERROR SMAPI] An error occured in the base update loop: System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
        at StardewValley.Object.getDescription()
        at StardewValley.Menus.InventoryMenu.hover(Int32 x, Int32 y, Item heldItem)
        at StardewValley.Menus.InventoryPage.performHoverAction(Int32 x, Int32 y)
        at StardewValley.Menus.GameMenu.performHoverAction(Int32 x, Int32y)
        at StardewValley.Game1.updateActiveMenu(GameTime gameTime)
        at StardewValley.Game1.Update(GameTime gameTime)
        at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.SGame.Update(GameTime gameTime) in D :\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\StardewModdingAPI\Framework\SGAME.cs:line 233"
        I mean, I can see it's showing the path of the error, obviously, but I don't know how Stardew Valley or SMAPI works programming-wise, so I don't know where to look for the root of the problem. Is this a problem with SMAPI and the update not working together? Is this some corruption of my item list? And why does SMAPI report its source in a letter drive that it isn't in? I do C++ and VB, not game programs, and that only beginning, argh.
        SMAP

• MysticTempest

MysticTempest Spaceman Spiff

Ah yea, that's an error related to an outdated ObjectInformation file.
          It's related to mods that change/add items to the game. With the localization support; there's been some changes to that file. And, if you're using an older one; the bad data causes a lockup like that.

Which mods are you using? Oh, and yea the full logs should be generated in a simple text file in the Error Logs folder next to the save folder.

But, you got the good relevant section here:
          An error occured in the base update loop: System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
          at StardewValley.Object.getDescription()
          at StardewValley.Menus.InventoryMenu.hover(Int32 x, Int32 y, Item heldItem)
          at StardewValley.Menus.InventoryPage.performHoverAction(Int32 x, Int32 y)

This part below I believe is just some internal references in the code, from whoever was compiling it. And, not actually relevant to the user. I sometimes see a similar message, and it has the name of a Chucklefish dev:
          source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\StardewModdingAPI\Framework\SGAME.cs:line 233

• TheTearer

Great, thanks! I merged a couple of mods that made pretty things so I can just redo that info from the backup of the updated original file, probably. I'm also bookmarking this so if I get an error like this again I have a clue about how to trace this. You were really helpful,thanks!

MysticTempest likes this.
            • TheTearer

Okay, I've fixed everything! It all works! Huzzah! Now, of course, I have to uninstall, reinstall, and remod everything again because at the end of my testing I accidentally put my cosmetic Robin sprite mod in the Dialogue folder, and since I don't have anything changin Robin's dialogue, I hadn't backed up her file...... ~enormous sigh~ I'll do that tomorrow, but now everything works. And will work. There will be no more problems. You hear me, universe? No more problems! ~shakes fist at the sky~

MysticTempest likes this.