1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Active Stealth Module v1.62 (p1.2)

A person/plant/fish/etc-portable active cloaking system.

1. Wellbott

Wellbott Existential Complex

It could be this mod, especially if you run the nightly. Dead monsters would indicate a script problem, which instantly kills them, so it's something that effects monster scripts. Starting the quest wouldn't have any effect though.

If you post a copy of your starbound.log, I could probably figure out if it's this or not. There should be an error thrown every time a monster spawns and it hits the fan.

2. Biotic Vanguard

Biotic Vanguard Big Damn Hero

This might do the trick.

Attached Files:

3. Wellbott

It's all a lot of this error:
    Code:
    Error: Exception while invoking lua function 'update'. (LuaException) Error code 2, [string "/monsters/ground/wanderState.lua"]:49: attempt to call global 'moveX' (a nil value)

moveX is a function that a lot of creature scripts use, defined in pathing.lua... I suspect you have monsters being spawned without that script attached. Looking at the mod list, no obvious culprits. Definitely not this one, though.

You could shuffle mods around and check with a new character, since the problem should be obvious once you find meat lying around the starting planet. As long as you don't load your character without putting mods back, they'll be unaffected (though structures built on the starting planet might lose mod-dependent objects).

4. Biotic Vanguard

Biotic Vanguard Big Damn Hero

Mkay, thanks for the help!:party: I hope I don't have to get rid of any mods that I really like... :oops:

5. J_Mourne

J_Mourne Pangalactic Porcupine

I'm afraid I must join the small group of users who are unable to find the quest start-point.

I downloaded this mod to quickly test if it were balanced well enough for a proper playthrough, but ended up spending the past three hours completing quests in the Outpost and interacting with every bloody object I could find in hopes of activating the quest. At the peak of desperation I opened up the .modpak file in Notepad++ to try to weasel out some secrets, but wasn't able to find any information that helped me.
    I was able to see that the turn-in point seems to be the Outpost's refrigerator, but could not find where I am supposed to start the quest - and yes, I've interacted with the refrigerator to the point of moderate insanity.
    It is to the point where I am unsure if the quest start location is particularly well-hidden, or if I have a mod conflict or other such error preventing it from appearing. Either way, I would appreciate some information as to where I should look.

6. Wellbott

Yes, I'm starting to think there might be some mod incompatibility. Are you using any custom races? Do you suppose you could post a copy of starbound.log, so I can check out the mods installed?

In the meantime, just bypass the token fetch quest... type this stuff in the chat bar:
    Code:
    /admin
    /aiaction {"action" : "showTech", "techName" : [ "activeStealthTech" ]}
    /admin

7. J_Mourne

J_Mourne Pangalactic Porcupine

I am using a custom race; it's based upon the Kemono race and then includes an abominable mish-mash of my own cobbles and changes.

I've included the Starbound.log for you, but... well, you're not going to find it useful in all likelihood. I run so many mods that tracing it down to one incompatibility would take quite a bit of time. The work-around I was considering was tying the tech unlock to a consumable item. I've seen this done before in other mods (XS Corporation Mechs, for instance) but I'd need to do some digging to figure out how to set that up as a workaround.

Attached Files:

8. Wellbott

Ah, the Kemono race. Yes, I think that one replaces all the starting quests, which breaks the progression hooks. In this case, uses a different FTL repair quest, so the quest here is never triggered.

9. Cybopper

Cybopper Void-Bound Voyager

Are you working on an update for this? Just an FYI, the electric spikes are now unobtainable. (At least to my knowledge...)

10. Wellbott

I tired to update it, but I can't get it to work... NPCs just refuse to lose track of the player. A LOT has changed with the ai scripts, and I may not even be able to find out how to get the functionality back :(

11. clap

clap Void-Bound Voyager

after attacking with the stealth module it becomes stuck with the green outline and i cant become invisible again

12. Cybopper

Are you using pleased giraffe? The mod doesn't work with pg at the mo.

13. clap

clap Void-Bound Voyager

yes im using it, but can you pease make an update to this bug

14. Cybopper

The mod is UNUSABLE with Pleased Giraffe!!! Fixes are impossible due to:

15. clap

clap Void-Bound Voyager

ok

16. Fire_snake

Fire_snake Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I am have a error. All npc/monster just die with this mod. Even a ship pet. HELP

17. Cybopper

The mod isnt up 2 date... hasnt been for a while.

18. Wellbott

I can try again with Glad Giraffe, maybe something else changed! No promises though, hard to know what I'll find.

19. Cybopper

Dude, if it comes back... I would be so amazed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20. Wellbott

Wellbott updated Active Stealth Module with a new update entry:

Glad Giraffe

Read the rest of this update entry...