1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone else unhappy with the new starmap

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by LilyV3, Jun 20, 2017.

1. LilyV3

LilyV3 Master Astronaut

The usability is painful and makes exploring the most unfun thing (which I didn't expect to get worse after giraffe made exploring mroe unified and boring)

there is now no way anymore fora quick zoom out button from th system back to the starmap. so good job making looking into systems kinda painful. And btw if the left click o a star puts up the planet list you can't even click on any palnet this popup overlays, so its noch clicky clicky clicky clicky to make the popup appear and disappear. Why does this not function like a simple mouseover function?

This was so long in it's beta branch and feels like no one who ever plays starbound for some time and explors even tested it. Horrible implemention form an usability point of view.

Space_explorer likes this.
  2. RancorSnp

RancorSnp Seal Broken

You can zoom out at any moment (just click on a side where you get a magnifying glass with a minus icon), you can not zoom in without actually traveling to the planet you are curios about however, which is indeed quite annoying.

Personally I do not mind the new star map, but I do really wish I didn't have to be on planets orbit to get details about it.

DraikNova likes this.
  3. Pangaea

Pangaea Forum Moderator

I feel like the new map system is more realistic. If that matters much in a fantasy game.

But I agree that not knowing anything about a planet before going there is a tad annoying. At least show us all the info on planets once we enter that solar system.

4. LilyV3

LilyV3 Master Astronaut

this means speeding over the entire screen of the map everytime, thats serioulsy not good. if you ever have doen extended exploring you will know how painfull this starts to be.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2017