1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Argonian Race Redux 1.0.8.1

Argonians return for Starbound 1.0.

1. Grimstuff

Grimstuff Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Grimstuff submitted a new mod:

Argonian Race Redux - Argonians return for Starbound 1.0.

Read more about this mod...

bluestorm2112 and Crusism like this.
  2. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

Okay, so the original Argonians mod has the following Mod Assets Permissions:

"You must get the author's consent before altering/redistributing any assets included in this mod."

If you do have this consent, you're in the clear but, otherwise, you'll need to delete your mod. Permissions settings exist to protect mod authors copyright and, unless your mod shares zero art assets with the original mod, you are violating SABBOTH's copyright on his mod without his permission.

3. Grimstuff

As mentioned in the last page of that mod's support forum, I've spoken with him and have his permission. Thanks for the concern though.

4. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

Well, if you do have his permission then I think you should make it plenty clear that this is the case. Perhaps a link to the page/post where his permission was given? To help prevent people like me from absent-mindedly reporting your mod. If your discussion with him was off-site as well, I'd also recommend providing a screenshot of it. Anyone can claim they have permission to do something.

Crusism likes this.
  5. Crusism

Crusism Big Damn Hero

THIS IS IT... The day has finally come.

Fresh. Shiny. Updated.
    Hopeful. I can finally roleplay as a lizard again - an argonian again, - but, at this time, version 1.0.

After having graduated my bachelor's degree.
    After having waited for Chucklefish to nurture Starbound like a beautiful egg waiting to hatch.
    After having waited and hoped for a saviour for so long,

I HAVE WAITED PATIENTLY FOR MORE THAN A YEAR.
    MY ****CHEEKS ARE READY.

I HAVE NEVER FELT SO FULFILLED WAITING SINCE THE RECENT NO MAN'S SKY.

I Love You, Grimstuff.

Grimstuff likes this.
  6. Grimstuff

heh, glad it made your day Crusism, thanks. ilu2

Last edited: Aug 10, 2016
  7. bluestorm2112

bluestorm2112 Tentacle Wrangler

Very cool, thank you for this.

8. Crusism

Crusism Big Damn Hero

Played as an Argonian for 30 minutes already.
    Just wanted to come back here to give a heads-up...
    1. That 'sleeping' on the Argonian bed crashes the game (i.e. a soft crash that leads straight to Starbound's main menu) while 'sleeping' on the Argonian makeshift bed causes your character to sit on it like a bench.
    2. That the dagger is not held upright (i.e. it's held statically vertical in hand)

And to give a 5/5 for this mod. :mwahaha:
    Will continue playing and testing other elements of the mod (aside from being Argonian). :V

9. shaun4519

shaun4519 Phantasmal Quasar

um... where do I craft the armor?

10. Assassin001rus

Assassin001rus Void-Bound Voyager

Why not khajiit?

11. Crusism

Crusism Big Damn Hero

First, craft Inventor's Table (Level 1), and then...
    If you want Argonian clothing, craft Spinning Wheel (Level 1); all clothing, including Argonian Horn Polish (does nothing on equip?), is available here (I think?).
    If you want Argonian armour, craft Anvil (Level 1); the first Argonian set 'Marsh Leather' is craftable here.

Because the taste/smell of Khajiit cooking is strong.

12. Grimstuff

Thanks for the feedback. Got the beds fixed and cleaned up the naming on a few of the other furniture pieces too, update will be posted soon.

As for the weapons though, it should just be the dagger that's broken, correct?
    For some reason the daggers are refusing to work and are throwing lua errors, despite using the same code template as all the other weapons. I still got some headbashing to do to try to figure out whats wrong with em. Inb4 it's another rogue comma or something.

If anyone reading is really knowledgeable with activeweapons, here's my dagger JSON if you can find anything wrong:

EDIT, finally solved this. Looks like the dagger JSONs need all the damage config and stance info that the others work fine without, or at least some of it, I went pretty liberal to get it working. If someones havin the same issue here's my working JSON as an example:
    Code:
    {
      "itemName" : "argoniantier3dagger",
      "price" : 540,
      "level" : 3,
      "maxStack" : 1,
      "rarity" : "Common",
      "description" : "A finely crafted titanium dagger used in Argonian ceremonies.",
      "shortdescription" : "Flint Titanium Dagger",
      "tooltipKind" : "sword",
      "category" : "dagger",
      "twoHanded" : false,
      "itemTags" : ["weapon","melee","dagger"],

"inventoryIcon" : "argoniantier3dagger.png",

"animation" : "/items/active/weapons/melee/dagger/dagger.animation",
      "animationParts" : {
        "handle" : "",
        "blade" : "argoniantier3dagger.png"
      },
      "animationCustom" : {
        "sounds" : {
          "fire" : [ "/sfx/melee/swing_dagger.ogg" ]
        }
      }, 

"scripts" : ["/items/active/weapons/melee/meleeweapon.lua"],

"elementalType" : "physical",
      "aimOffset": 0, 

"primaryAbilityType" : "meleeslash",
      "primaryAbility" : {
        "scripts": [
          "/items/active/weapons/melee/meleeslash.lua"
        ], 
        "class": "MeleeSlash",   
        "fireTime" : 0.27,
        "baseDps" : 7.5,
        "damageConfig" : {
          "damageSourceKind" : "dagger",
          "statusEffects" : [ ],
          "knockbackMode" : "aim",
          "knockbackRange" : 10,
          "timeoutGroup" : "primary"
        },   
        "stances" : {
          "idle" : {
            "armRotation" : -90,
            "weaponRotation" : -10,
            "weaponOffset" : [0, 2.25],

"allowFlip" : true,
            "allowRotate" : true
          },
          "windup" : {
            "duration" : 0.05,
            "armRotation" : -20,
            "weaponRotation" : -20,
            "weaponOffset" : [0, 2.25],

"allowRotate" : false
          },
          "fire" : {
            "duration" : 0.2,
            "armRotation" : -135,
            "weaponRotation" : 40,
            "weaponOffset" : [0, 2.5],

"allowRotate" : false
          }
        }   
      },

"palette" : "/items/active/weapons/colors/tier3melee.weaponcolors",

"builder" : "/items/buildscripts/buildunrandweapon.lua"
    }

A bad file was possibly preventing the recipes getting added to new characters. Will also be fixed in patch. Tier 2-3 weapons should appear also.
    Just tested to see if they get added to already made characters and seems to be the case. If not, then perhaps try spawning them, /spawnitem argoniantier1head, etc

After the update, all items should be craftable at both the Argo Table or their respective vanilla tables now. Consider the Argo table just a sort of a easy access test table for now. Likely going to be removed after I add ways to obtain the items in the world.

This one is considering it.

I've noticed the author of the WIP Khajiit mod has logged in recently though, I'm wondering if he has any plans.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2016
    Crusism likes this.
  13. Grimstuff

Grimstuff updated Argonian Race Redux with a new update entry:

Some crafting fixes

Read the rest of this update entry...

Crusism likes this.
  14. Crusism

Crusism Big Damn Hero

Ah. Yes!
    I tested the other weapons after making that post but forgot to edit it; sorry. >_<

Thanks for the bed fix, but a very curious question though: what is the function of the Argonian Horn Polish?

I've been swapping it in and out under different lighting to see if it does make the horns shinier but then I started to wonder if it is an item to just hide the helmet or if it is a role-playing item. X'D

Anyhow, thanks for the quick fix of the bed. =)

15. OrangeBlueZ

OrangeBlueZ Void-Bound Voyager

Someone informed me that I was beaten to the punch of getting the Argonian Mod set up for 1.0. Huge Kudos, my update was a labor of love but once all the rapid changes started coming in I was quickly finding myself in over my head. Thank you for taking up the reigns on this mod!

16. Grimstuff

Honestly I was wondering the same. It has a mask file it comes with, which are supposed to hide hairs and stuff while wearing helms, but it's just pure white though which means everything is visible. I assume it's just something to put in the cosmetic slot so you can wear a helm without wearing one, but I dunno. I might repurpose it or remove it later.

Oh hey OrangeBlueZ, nice to see you. Glad to have your blessings on the project, I was worried throughout that you or Sabboth were working on a secret update or somethin and I was gonna butt in and disrupt it all :p. I was gonna send you a message too but it looked like most places didn't seem to have much recent account activity though, so I just assumed it was abandoned.

Glad to have you back and hear you like it though. If you'd still like to dev we could probably setup a github or something.

Crusism likes this.
  17. OrangeBlueZ

OrangeBlueZ Void-Bound Voyager

The only thing I had done after debugging was tool around with making a couple new assets. I haven't touched the files in over a year but I'd welcome the possibility of being able to develop share fresh assets for the mod on the side. :)

Also you are correct, the horn polish is basically intended as a cosmetic object to hide your helmet and show off your head. That is all it does. xD

Crusism likes this.
  18. shaun4519

shaun4519 Phantasmal Quasar

um... where do I craft the armor?
    the armor wasn't available when I made an anvil though

19. Crusism

Crusism Big Damn Hero

Are you using the latest update (Version 1.0.1)?
    If so, first: craft Inventor's Table (Level 1), and then craft Argonian Crafting Table; all armour and clothing are under their own tab now in the latest update - making things more convenient at the time being. =D

Sorry, yeah? My earlier instructions are based off the first version of this mod; I did not edit my earlier instructions since the changes are stated in the latest patch notes.

Aside from that, a glitch I found in version 1.0.1; S.A.I.L. is missing (as shown in the screenshot below).

starbound 2016-08-11 16-53-36-04.png

20. Grimstuff

Fixed. Frames file for the animation sheet was missing for some reason (i swears i made one..). It'll be in next update, thanks!

Last edited: Aug 11, 2016
    Crusism likes this.