Asgarden

Discussion in 'Screenshots' started by M_Sipher, Nov 5, 2014.

1. M_Sipher

M_Sipher Oxygen Tank

Broke the "step away" because I NEEDED a change, as it's been nothing BUT work these last couple weeks... So I finally made this.

upload_2015-6-18_23-23-11.png

That empty spot under the living room has become a mini security room and teleport station. The employment kiosk is there mostly just because. I MIGHT wire up the acid trap in the armory to this room, I dunno.

The lights do all shut off, leaving just the glow of the teleporter...

I also set a lot of my exterior lights to shut off in daylight. Sadly, a lot of the bio-lights, my preferred form of lighting, aren't wire-able yet. Here's hoping they fix that.

2. M_Sipher

M_Sipher Oxygen Tank

upload_2015-6-20_0-25-12.png

Still more filling of holes. Now the shortcut to the crafting room, via a power bunker. I kinda wish the "wireless antenna" items were still in the game. I'd probably put a small hut up top of the hill with some of those.

Yeah, I /admin'd the mine door. I wanted one a lot. Any rate, motion detectors turn on the outside light, and the inner one opens the door.

I also wish there was a good way to fake a diagonal without a pair of platforms directly diagonal. I'd like a more sloped tunnel look for the floor, here and elsewhere.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2015
  3. DragonsForce

DragonsForce Weight of the Sky

You know you can get the mining door blueprint in the Erichius Mining Facility mission, right? (rhetorical question, you obviousley don't know it. But it is true.)

Love your building style!

4. M_Sipher

M_Sipher Oxygen Tank

Not the diagonal one you can't. You get the normal door and the horizontal hatch, and I've got plenty of those... but there's no blueprint drop for the giant diagonal one.

5. dar601

dar601 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

no, there is

ODST 4900 likes this.
  6. DragonsForce

DragonsForce Weight of the Sky

There definetley is, I got several of them.

7. M_Sipher

M_Sipher Oxygen Tank

No pics at the moment, but I'm chopping down all the default trees around my place. I'm replacing them with a mix of "built" trees and grown saplings with green foliage... ooooooooooonce I go through my saplings and find some of those. Thankfully there's a Spring Biome jsut to the east so I don't have to deforest far, and the complex should extend all the way to the NEXT Spring Biome to the west.

I figure this world can have more than three styles of tree.

rhomboid likes this.
  8. M_Sipher

M_Sipher Oxygen Tank

Trying out a few trees... kinda partial to these I found on a magma world.

upload_2015-6-29_3-50-37.png

I might go with pine trees though, I dunno. The colors match the tile-built trees closer, but style-wise... not so much. Though looking at it, should probably lower some of the foliage levels on the tile-trees. Or at least thicken them.

I made a lil bridge over the power-room ditch, and those lamps are wired to the same light sensor as the other externals. I've also added more background trees, and a new foregrounder with a tunnel carved in it.

upload_2015-6-29_3-55-1.png

And a well letting me into the lake if needed and I don't feel like taking the long way through the greenhouse basement.

upload_2015-6-29_3-59-9.png

Minor additions elsewhere, like wiring more rooms to switches and more decor frippery.

9. M_Sipher

M_Sipher Oxygen Tank

Man, we need bigger couches in this game. Bigass couches. Preferably two-seaters.

rhomboid likes this.
  10. M_Sipher

M_Sipher Oxygen Tank

No screenshots atm, as nothing here I'd call show-off-worthy...

I have laid out the entire "ground level" of the whole USCM penal colony I had taken over in the EK build. I haven't actually completed any of the new buildings, but I'm close on the west-most building that became the spaceport/landing pad.

This has necessitated filling in a TON of dirt, as my landing point was apparently on quite a tall hill that had a MAJOR drop-off to the west. Part of the complex is still basically hanging in space impossibly. I'll just re-create the drop-off. No reason a penal colony wouldn't be built basically on a cliff.

Luckily, there is a Sewer dungeon under the spaceport building that I can make use of. For storage, perhaps a jail, maybe put in some of the less-cleanly "enthusiast" rooms like the Slime and Tar rooms. Expand it a little with more tunnels, as it was kind of a small Sewer.

rhomboid likes this.
  11. TrueEdge

TrueEdge Phantasmal Quasar

12. M_Sipher

M_Sipher Oxygen Tank

upload_2015-7-11_4-48-24.png

Space stop is more or less ready to go. Not many major changes, as I was working from a pretty set buidling plan. Some materials have changed (asphalt landing pad, new platforms for the boat mural), a few minor additions here and there. There was another tall hill just a little to the west of the dropoff, so I decided to turn the gap into a moat. I mean, that seems a thing you'd see at one edge of a prison.

I'm salty because the Titanium Doors have changed space requirements. Where they only needed one block width in EK, now they need two, which totally screws with the shower setup. I suppose I could use curtains like I do in the home tree bathroom, but I liked the more techy look. Also if they ever make the showerheads actually pump water, I'd like to have something to keep it from spilling out. Well I suppose there's water sensors to wire to the drains...

Teleporter will likely change location, it's just there now for quick-travel while building. Odds are I'll put it in the guard station/comm tower in the next building east.

Left a hole below the basement for when I work in the tunnel to the sewer as I figure out just what all I wanna do with that. It too will get repurposed eventually.

Is the Glitch "INN" sign not in the Giraffe build? I didn't see it anywhere in the last Glitch village I visited, despite it having the Inn style building. I can /admin it but ugh.

13. M_Sipher

M_Sipher Oxygen Tank

upload_2015-7-17_18-27-56.png

The control tower just east of the landing pad is on its way. Still lots to do to it but the main structure is there.

Big thing is the central spiral stair, which was tricky to get like that. The fake perspective of a round central column is all the Paint Tool, using white and black. The stairs are actually two different platforms, the Modern Platform and the Wooden Platform found in Avian villages and such, with the latter painted white (and black for the "in the background but technically not really" side of the stairs directly under the landings).

The perspective trick with black background tiles is maintained because the Paint Tool has a barest second gap between painting a foreground block and a background block, so a light super-quick tap will ONLY paint the platform, not the black behind it!

14. M_Sipher

M_Sipher Oxygen Tank

I think I might end up adding another level to the tower "neck". The building just east is six levels tall, and there's only seven on the tower before you hit the control room. Kinda feel like it needs just a little more height...

And yeah, I'll totally put in an elevator if they ever get stuff like that going.

15. rhomboid

rhomboid 0118 999 881 99 9119 725... 3

those circle stairs are so flippin neat though

DragonsForce likes this.
  16. Heriol

Heriol Void-Bound Voyager

This looks awesome! Keep up the good work!

17. M_Sipher

M_Sipher Oxygen Tank

upload_2015-7-30_14-50-2.png

Realized I hadn't shown the "finished" greenhouse. There are still some minor organization details to be worked out in the green center sections (gonna be figuring out where to plant non-radioactive food-bearing trees), and given the upcoming changes to farming, I'm gonna need to put a pair of water tanks up top and work out a zig-zag water flow... and a place to hide the wiring panels to make "automatic" watering work. I hate having those big panels visible. I'll probably put 'em with the hidden panel that's part of the lighting... the central area and stairwell lights turn off in daylight.

There's still some underground stuff to work on. If Coralcreep and Reefpod no longer grow when submerged then they're gonna have to move, but I've got room to shuffle stuff.

The right-top corner is... unfinished. In the EK version, that was a skybridge entrance from my home. Well, the homestead is now several screens away, and the forest I'm building doesn't quite reach that far, so connected rope-bridges aren't really an option. It'll probably just get walled up.

18. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

No automatic watering system? You must live in California. :rofl: (I do....)

Biirdy Daysleeper likes this.
  19. FaerieHawk

FaerieHawk Subatomic Cosmonaut

Oh my goodness this is amazing! Really good for inspiration on any future building projects I do. :) You quite the fantastic builder!

20. M_Sipher

M_Sipher Oxygen Tank

I was getting annoyed with my on-ship storage situation, so I fast-tracked construction on the framework of the big prison building so's I could make this... much decor work still to do...

upload_2015-8-5_3-59-1.png

That's the mess hall part of the building, with an extra floor added between the taller parts. This leaves a tiny crawlspace on the left you can just see that I'm not sure what, exactly, I'm gonna to with. Once I figure out what all shops and stuff I'm gonna put in, well, we'll see.

Any rate, the library itself. First two levels are lorebooks for each race that actually has them, and the "special" lore, like Sewer (in the trash for now) and Missions/Bosses (in the chest next to the can). Hopefully we'll get some neutral bookshelves soon to replace those not-really-great storage options. Top floor is all Blueprints, split by Biome, with the "specials" in the center. How I'm gonna handle armor and weapon Blueprints bought from merchants, I admit I'm not sure. I'm sure there's gonna be a lot more coming soon. Still, I got no qualms about adding another level to this thing.

I'm not happy with the central pole for the spiral staircase here, but there aren't many options at the moment for vertically-oriented tiles, and most that are there go bright-orange rather than brown. Hopefully soon...

This opens up a whole room of the ship which'll probably end up being the new "swag room" where I temp-store stuff taken on planet-crawls... with less temp-storage crap on the ship (still a few rooms to make on-planet), I can get it looking more lived-in...