1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Asra Nox is an orphan?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Iaeyan Elyuex, Mar 31, 2017.

1. Iaeyan Elyuex

Iaeyan Elyuex Cosmic Narwhal

What do you mean, she's an orphan? Her mom is right through that big stone portal thing! I mean seriously? Anyone?

2. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

Asra's biological parents are dead. Esther is her adoptive mother, albeit one she's rejected by this point.

3. YellowDemonHurlr

YellowDemonHurlr Ketchup Robot

No no, he said through the portal. Think about what's through the portal.

Now you understand why Asra wants to unlock the Ruin so badly. :p

4. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

What do you mean? On one side of the portal is the Outpost, and the other is the Ruin.

Unless you're referring to the afterlife-ish bit with the Cultivator, which I guess would make sense. I'd assumed the Cultivator had just saved you specifically, but if that's possible then who knows.

5. Iaeyan Elyuex

No, no. Her mom IS the Ruin. Can't you see the resemblance? I just really don't like her, and have thought of more than a few ways to kill / humiliate her.

Chernushka likes this.
  6. YellowDemonHurlr

So we all thought she wanted to destroy all life, but all she really wanted was to be reunited with her mommy!

...So they could destroy all life together.

7. LilyV3

LilyV3 Master Astronaut

it's a bit strange if the ruin wants to destroy all life, why cna it summon other creepers and send them after us. this is either a devs oversight or there is just hate towards a specific civilised life.

8. Iaeyan Elyuex

It can create monsters to try to protect itself, but the monsters are really weak, because the Ruin is all about destroying life, and it's not good at creating it.

9. YellowDemonHurlr

Because the Ruin is an underwhelming, poorly thought out villain, just like Ocassus. Starbound is a great game, but the writing is uninspired.

SneakyBox and Heartstrings like this.
  10. LilyV3

LilyV3 Master Astronaut

the old lore was great it had a good base, I wonder if thex changed staff that caused this.

it does not create them, it opens portals let some random wildelife in and this wildlefie magically isn't scared of the giant monster that justed warped them over in his own dimension, isntead the wildlife remote control like attacks the player.

11. Iaeyan Elyuex

No, I mean the eyeball critters that float and squidge around. The annoying eye gnats, the eye blobs, the eye ghosts that fire lasers...

12. LilyV3

LilyV3 Master Astronaut

I know that but your reply to mine made no sense.

13. Lintton

Lintton Guest

I was of the impression that the ruin is either a living planet, and the little pieces are akin to how we would have an immune system, or that the ruin is only able "modify" existence to make aspects of itself, and while it can seemingly make various structures and creatures, they are not "alive", so much as satellites: separated bodies of the same existence.

14. MidniteSteve

MidniteSteve Phantasmal Quasar

As a note, you never see her die, she leaves when you beat her the second time, Im personally hoping she escapes and becomes the BBEG of any expansion/dlc. I have a vendetta to continue

15. YellowDemonHurlr

Why do you have a vandetta? She never actually does anything! :p

16. Jilly Bob the Third

Jilly Bob the Third Star Wrangler

esther bright adopted asra. beat the ruin, and get esthers journal, it explains everything.

17. Tlactl

Tlactl Cosmic Narwhal

for some reason I always thought Asra was male

18. LilyV3

LilyV3 Master Astronaut

well, she does fail quite well xD

but she probably is repsonsible for detsruction of earth by however makign the run appear there. it is actually one of those weird things how the ruin needed that portal to be ulocked yet could somehow destroy earth before that unlock.

19. Snappyr

Snappyr Big Damn Hero

Asra Nox is boring and cringy. Asra Nox doesn't matter.

20. LilyV3

LilyV3 Master Astronaut

yeha kinda team Rocket level of a villain. Always there a bit late and not mattering at all except getting trashed.