1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Augments Station 1.1.1

This mod adds a station to extract/split/upgrade/combine lures, reels, collars, and augments.

1. malachy1681

malachy1681 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

malachy1681 submitted a new mod:

Augments Station - This mod adds a station for combination and extraction of item augments and pet collars.

Read more about this mod...

2. malachy1681

3. Jason O

Jason O Phantasmal Quasar

Is there a version of this that acts only as an extractor?

4. malachy1681

Not at the moment, but it shouldn't be too difficult to make such a modification. I'll look into when I have some time.

5. MrVauxs

MrVauxs Giant Laser Beams

Please add it to the steam workshop this mod is great! 3>

6. crackdown21

crackdown21 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

This is absolutely brilliant! The other augment mod was WAY too OP. I have to know though: is this mod compatible with the augments Frackin Universe adds? I know that the other augment combo mod had to be updated to fix some minor issues it had with Frackin Universe. That's pretty much my only concern. Other than that this mod is perfect.

7. MrVauxs

They won't probably
    But maybe mod maker is going to make a "Mod to the Mod" to make Fracin Universe compatible :)

8. malachy1681

Sorry to say, but I'm not a fan of Steam Workshop; thus, I don't plan to upload any mods there.

I haven't used Frackin Universe personally, but I can say that any item implemented in the same manner as vanilla Starbound should work without issue. If you do encounter any issues, however, let me know, and I'll look into a fix.

9. MrVauxs

*goes away in shadows and forget's the mod forever*

10. p6kocka

p6kocka Orbital Explorer

PLS...upload this on steam workshop...do this for us...thanks

11. malachy1681

Okay, I attempted to upload this mod to Steam Workshop, but to no avail. I use Linux, which could be complicating matters, but the 'steamcmd.sh' script fails with an ambiguous error. I've rechecked everything but can't determine the reason for failure, and the logs yield nothing more than the same useless error as the script output. If anyone has any insight into this, the exact output of 'steamcmd.sh' is thus:

Code:
    Redirecting stderr to '/home/malachy/.local/share/Steam/logs/stderr.txt'
    [  0%] Checking for available updates...
    [----] Verifying installation...
    Steam Console Client (c) Valve Corporation
    -- type 'quit' to exit --
    Loading Steam API...OK.

Logging in user 'malachy1681' to Steam Public...
    Using cached credentials. . .
    Logged in OK
    Waiting for license info...OK

Preparing update...
    Preparing content....................................
    Uploading content...ERROR! Failed to update workshop item (Failure).

And the 'augmentsstation.vdf' is thus:

Code:
    "workshopitem"
    {
        "appid"             "211820"
        "publishedfileid" "763080461"
        "contentfolder"   "/home/malachy/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/Starbound/_staging_/AugmentsStation"
        "previewfile"     "/home/malachy/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/Starbound/_staging_/AugmentsStation/_previewimage.png"
        "visibility"      "0"
        "title"           "Augments Station"
        "description"     "This mod adds a station for combination and extraction of item augments and pet collars."
        "changenote"      "Initial release."
    }

The 'publishedfileid' was initially '0', as this is a new upload, and was subsequently assigned a value. The content folder contains the mod in its source state (i.e. not in a .pak file).

12. crackdown21

crackdown21 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

So I've been using this mod with Frackin Universe and I found a couple of issues. The first is that the augment station only recognizes some of FU's augments. FU's madness shield, immunity field, and water walking augments for example aren't recognized by the mod. Not a big issue and I can overlook it. The other one though is a little more irksome. If I try combining FU's re-breather augment with any other augment the augment station freezes up and can't be used to combine or extract any future augments. This can be a little annoying especially since FU removes breathing from all EPP's.

Other than that the mod works great and appears to have absolutely no other issues. I'll keep using the mod just for the augment extraction feature alone, but I thought you'd appreciate being told about the conflict with FU, since so many people use it. This is still a five star mod in my opinion.

13. malachy1681

Thanks for the reply. I haven't started using FU yet, so I haven't gotten to test how it interacts with mine. I will look into fixing the mentioned issues as soon as possible.

14. AdriexDoom

AdriexDoom Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'm having a few little issues with some specific collars and augments. My Aug Station
    doesn't seem able to merge Aug's & Collars with multiple or specific effects.
    Such as Mobility Aug or Ghostly Collar.
    I'd love to know what the issue is here, so I can make my Ghostly light companions as soon as possible.
    Otherwise, I love the mod. I'd hate to ever play without it and it's one good step to making pets more viable.

-Edit-
    After another test, the 'oblivious collar' seems to only act like its working. (little heart effect)
    The pet seems to be ignoring his oblivious collar when it is merged. I tried merging with
    light and bouncy, but the pet still attacks and takes damage.
    I thought it could be an 'order of effect' kind of problem, but neither merge order moves oblivious
    to the first named off collar effect. If this is relevant to anything.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2016
  15. malachy1681

malachy1681 updated Augments Station with a new update entry:

Fixed Issues with Certain Collars and Augments

Read the rest of this update entry...

Please note, you may need to break and replace your augments station in order for the Lua script to properly reinitialize.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2016
  16. AdriexDoom

AdriexDoom Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Wonderful response time for that support, thanks a lot.
    Definitely an essential mod.

17. LazerRay

LazerRay Cosmic Narwhal

I wonder if this mod is compatible with the Lava Resist Augment and Augmented Armors mods, Since being able to combine augments together and keeping them when upgrading equipment will be extremely useful.

18. malachy1681

19. AleriaAlexie

AleriaAlexie Scruffy Nerf-Herder

When I combine two augments from Frackin Universe, I crash when mouse over on the new augment, with the screen saying:

Exception caught in client main-loop
    (AssetException) Error loading asset
    /interface/tooltips/unknown.tooltip

Anything you can do to fix that, or is that on the Frackin Universe's side, or... something in between?
    Anything I can try and help with on it?

20. Iroaseta

Iroaseta Guest

It seems like most of the Steam workshop item has their mod packed and renamed into contents.pak so maybe try that (the only one I've seen that's using source state is SmartTubes)?
    Also, what's the resolution and size of your preview image? It seems that it's best to be 512x512 and less than 1MB or so.
    And there's a workshop_log.txt in "Steam\logs" that might tell you the error it was having to upload it.