1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Bees! v:Unstable/Pre 1.0

A massive addition to Starbound centered around Beekeeping! +Armor, Blocks, Furniture, and tons more

1. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Eh, last I checked, Bottled Honey != Pure Honey. I think it takes a special kind of honeycomb (and of course a special kind of bee to make said honeycomb).

Alternatively... you can find Pure Honey in Hive Biomes on various planets along with a crapton of beehive blocks (rather than wasting wax making your own).

2. Kynera

Kynera Void-Bound Voyager

I think I may be missing something painfully obvious, but my bees are not breeding. I'm using FU and its built in Bees. Most recent version on Github as of the time of this post. I have tried a Forest Drone and a Honey Bee Queen, and vice versa, and watched them for several in game days. They aren't making any hardy drones or queens. The apiary has the animation going around it, but nothing is happening. Forest/Forest and Honey/Honey are making their respective items without issue, it's only breeding that doesn't seem to be working. Does it simply take a very long time?

3. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Some bee combinations aren't supposed to breed at all. I don't remember ever doing Forest+Honey? If you're trying to get Flower Bees, those can be found in Lush worlds and in certain biomes.

4. Kynera

Kynera Void-Bound Voyager

Honey (guide on the overview is calling them Normal) and Forest make Hardy. I did finally get a Hardy Queen to spawn, though. Upgraded to a large apiary, and stuck it on an Asteroid with some flowers. They don't have day/night cycles, so the bees won't sleep. Seems it's just taking quite a while, but it is working.

5. Nunikid

Nunikid Big Damn Hero

6. wrentrillogy

wrentrillogy Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Can you upload this to starbound stable workshop please :) And love your mod so much!

7. nosciencehere

nosciencehere Void-Bound Voyager

Are there any plans to put this on the Steam Workshop?

8. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

nosciencehere likes this.
  9. Amburo

Amburo Big Damn Hero

This might be a stupid question, but what frame is better for honeycomb production? Durasteel or Sweet?

edit: corrected a word

Last edited: Jul 28, 2016
  10. redjarvas

redjarvas Intergalactic Tourist

hey, great mod, but i have a question, how do i catch bees? i tryed to use a bug net but it did not catch them, do i need some sort of special bug net or something like that?

11. Kagurami

Kagurami Space Hobo

Hi guys ^_^ I just wanna ask how do you make amber chunks ?

12. Amalgum6

Amalgum6 Space Hobo

@Cactuar How do I get amber? I've gotten all the way to exquisite bees and still have no idea. I'm probably missing something stupidly obvious, but I've done everything I could think of doing, sans getting literally every bee and comb.

Also, candles OP. They SELL for 40k a stack. I have 40 apiaries. Fix this some how.

Or don't. I don't mind. I have gotten rich by the power of bee's.

13. alextulinov

alextulinov Scruffy Nerf-Herder

How long does it take for bees to finish breeding? I have an apiary with 109 forest drones and a normal queen,they've been raping her for two in game days,how soon am I going to get results?

14. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Queens never spawn inside the apiary as items, you gotta catch them as they buzz around the apiary with a bug net.

Do you see bees flying around the apiary? If not, then you can't breed those two types together.

15. alextulinov

alextulinov Scruffy Nerf-Herder

It's fine now but it took 4 days for a single queen to spawn and I was starting to think it didnt work,but thanks anyway.

16. Senlovos

Senlovos Void-Bound Voyager

Did you use both honey and forest queen or was it a queen and a drone?

17. Chuckeleman

Chuckeleman Intergalactic Tourist

Can bees be found on FU planets?

18. Azure Fang

Azure Fang Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Wanted to drop a line here since I now can't elsewhere. Looks like this mod was removed from Steam Workshop. Was there a reason for the removal? Does it have anything to do with incompatibility with 1.1?

19. Caffeine

Caffeine Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hey there, just reached godly bees but still got no idea how to make amber chunks, anyone know?

20. nuker19

nuker19 Space Kumquat

Did you remember to plug them in?