1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Bug/Issue (beta) crash after "title" screen

Discussion in 'Mac / Linux Bug Reports' started by Joenmaa, Apr 19, 2017.

1. Joenmaa

Joenmaa Space Spelunker

I am not sure bug reports of the beta build should go to this forum. Delete or move this thread as you like.

I used to play on the beta build for a couple of days without any trouble. Yesterday I shut down the game, and since then am unable to get beyond the screen with the "new" "load" "exit" buttons, anymore. When I press "new" or "load" the game shuts down. When I first ran the integrity test on steam, it said, one file was missing or compromised, but it would download (request?) it again (or some very similar message). I ran the test again, and it came up with all files intact. But the same bug happens since then, regardless.

I switched back to the official build, and that runs without any complaints. Back to the beta build, the same as above happens.

I am on Mac, OSX 10.10.5, full screen mode, no error log is created, buildID of beta is 1765217.

I do not know whether it matters, in between shutting down the then working beta game, and the bug, I installed 2 steam games, i.e. "Ice Lakes", and "Renowned Explorers" from the humble bundle. I did not try to delete those games, since I expect the games to co-habitate on my comp without hassle (and since the official build lets me play SDV ;) ). It is more a report for you folks to know, and hopefully fix before beta goes live.

• paintingtheroses

paintingtheroses Void-Bound Voyager

I'm having the same issue, also on Mac. It happened just after the most recent update to the beta went live and I'm not getting an error log either. I've been playing other games on Steam just fine, and SDV launches like normal when the beta isn't active.
      I made a post about this in the Beta updates thread too so hopefully it will be fixed soon!