1. Thanks for visiting! These forums are for the original Risk of Rain, if you're interested in discussing the newly released Risk of Rain 2 head over to that game's steam discussion forum
    Dismiss Notice

[Boss Suggestion] Crab God/King/Lord

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Daimera, Aug 16, 2013.

1. Stovepipes

Stovepipes Void-Bound Voyager

This would be a great boss for the new water stage, as well as maybe the Temple?

This boss looks great; I really hope to see this added in a future update. :)

• Daimera

Daimera Cosmic Narwhal

As much as I love that this thread getting some new views because I spent a long time on these sprites and am really stupidly happy with them, I can't understand the mindset of digging up a nearly 3-month old post just to say "Actually, you're wrong" at outdated information.

As Meow said, Scavenger didn't have one back when this was relevant, and as it stands, so far Scavenger seems to be the only one who does (it's adorable, though). Maybe more will get spawn animations later; if they do, maybe I'll add one to the Crab King. I still need to do an 'eating' idle animation for funsies, but I haven't felt like spriting lately because experimenting with it to optimize production takes a lot out of me creatively.

Stovepipes likes this.
      • DJFlare84

DJFlare84 Spaceman Spiff

I... I love crabs...

My favorite monster in Monster Hunter is the Daimyo Hermitaur. I am all for this.

Vahnkiljoy likes this.
        • Shrooblord

Shrooblord Void-Bound Voyager

I still think we need to mod this into the game. :rofl:

• Ixantir

Ixantir Ketchup Robot

He would be amazing: Large boss spawning on the Beach would be perfect. better range than the crabs, if it could be implemented so it could reach over ledges the way golems can but a reasonable range further would make it even scarier.