1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Cannot move after cutscenes!

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by kionit, Jun 19, 2017.

1. kionit

kionit Void-Bound Voyager

When I trigger a cutscene like when the ruin awakes and you have to grab the manipulator a can't move. The objects in the game move except me. Then I delete the character and universe and passed the ceremony, but when you leave Earth and must wake up in your broken ship I can't move. If anyone has this problem please share I've been searching in this forum for a while haven't found anything.

Also the sound leaves too. When I start the game there's sounds but eventually 10min or so it's gone. Please help.

Sent from my SM-A510M using Tapatalk

2. kionit

kionit Void-Bound Voyager

There was an update that fix some bugs, but it did not fix my 2 problem... please someone help.

Sent from my SM-A510M using Tapatalk

3. Highkiller098

Highkiller098 Space Hobo

I am having a similar issue, but from the beginning. When I start a game I'm in the bed but there is no cursor and I can not move or interact with anything except for Right Ctrl which just moves the camera down to the right

4. kilrothy7

kilrothy7 Yeah, You!

Purchased this game for my girlfriend today. Never had any issues on my PC but her Windows Vista machine has this same problem. I have spent the last 8 hours researching, doing diagnostics, and sifting through prior related issues and the solutions. Here is what I have found:

This issue seems to be directly tied to the sound device.
    Many have found that the workaround is to disable additional devices, plug in headphones, If you have a xonar card disable GX (equivalent to EAX on soundblaster).
    The starbound log file will read an error for most: [Error] Application: Could not open audio device, no sound available!

You can also get around this by skipping the tutorial. however, if you die it will seize up your controls again after the respawn cutscene. When you complete the first planet the cutscene shortly after will also seize your controls.
    My girlfriend on respawn was able to unsieze it with some combo of shift+tab to access steam and spamming escape and minimizing the game. But this only worked after death, not on the others.
    This is persistent and repeatable in Multiplayer and single player.
    I have tried reinstalling the C++ redist 64 and 86. ran the game in 32 bit and 64 bit. I have reinstalled sound drivers. I have ran DX diag. This has been a problem off an on for years for a few users and I have yet to see an actual solution. I would like to see some help with this as well.

Here is a reference to this issue in a prior thread. it appears to be closed as is most threads as people found workarounds. I don't have an onboard soundcard or a headset option that can trick this into working.
    http://community.playstarbound.com/threads/game-loads-fine-but-does-not-detect-controls.122367/