1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Can't Craft Mechs.

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Quillon, Jun 4, 2017.

1. Quillon

Quillon Subatomic Cosmonaut

when I click on the assembly station, it says I am an "unauthorized user." do I need to finish a quest first or something?

2. Jerln

Jerln Oxygen Tank

Yes, there's a penguin in that lab that gives you a quest to take a training course first.

3. Nariz

Nariz Void-Bound Voyager

I finished the quests and still can't use the assembly station, any admin command i can use?

4. Blaze (RaptorRed)

Blaze (RaptorRed) Big Damn Hero

Getting the same issue and I'm lost, I finished the quests to unlock the mechs but I got no blueprints to craft any parts and the assemby station is locked in "unauthorized user" even though I already completed the mech unlock quest.

enderlordalatreon likes this.
  5. enderlordalatreon

enderlordalatreon Big Damn Hero

Apparently the thing is bugged for a lot of people, I'll see if I can get a fix or a console command to finish the quest.

6. bycomino

bycomino Void-Bound Voyager

same shit for me, i dont found any command to spawn it yet

7. Swaggybananaz

Swaggybananaz Void-Bound Voyager

Are you using any mods? please respond as soon as possible so we can try and fix this issue, good sir

8. bycomino

The game was going well. Single player, I did the mech mission. I could deploy mech and normal game. Today I was playing with my wife, she was starting new game so she did the mech mission. When she deployed the mech, she appeared without a robot. Then I told her. I'll teleport to where you are and let you use mine. Maybe it's a mission bug ... Then I appeared without my mech and did the mission with no mech, flying at zero gravity. When we finished the mission to her she did not unlocked the mech. And I locked my mech too

9. bycomino

I use these mods and I have always worked the mech until today: Fraking universe, bk3k_inventory, ISE4, MoreFarming-3.4.35....etc the only mech related is Barrage heavy mecha

10. bycomino

[16:07:01.386] [Error] Mech assembly interface unable to check player mech enabled state!
    [16:07:01.831] [Error] Exception while calling script init: (LuaException) Error code 2, [string "/vehicles/modularmech/mechpartmanager.lua"]:81: (AssetException) Error loading asset /vehicles/modularmech/mechparts_horn.config

[42] 77180fd9 RtlSubscribeWnfStateChangeNotification
    [43] 77180fa4 RtlSubscribeWnfStateChangeNotification
    stack traceback:
    [C]: in ?
    [C]: in field 'assetJson'
    [string "/vehicles/modularmech/mechpartmanager.lua"]:81: in method 'new'
    [string "/interface/scripted/mechassembly/mechassembly..."]:41: in function <[string "/interface/scripted/mechassembly/mechassembly..."]:14>
    [0] 2da35a Star::captureStack
    [1] 2d9278 Star::StarException::StarException
    [2] 2adda5 Star::LuaException::LuaException

[16:07:22.028] [Info] UniverseServer: Warping player 1 to InstanceWorld:eek:utpost:-:-=outpost
    [16:07:22.790] [Info] UniverseServer: Stopping idle world ClientShipWorld:73eb302dbc266875dde6b516f676e29e
    [16:07:22.790] [Info] Client received world stop packet, leaving: Removed
    [16:07:24.481] [Error] Exception while calling script init: (LuaException) Error code 2, [string "/vehicles/modularmech/mechpartmanager.lua"]:81: (AssetException) Error loading asset /vehicles/modularmech/mechparts_horn.config
    [0] 2da35a Star::captureStack

here are the log parts with the mech error...anyone have the same? anyone can help me, and other people have same errors?

11. Swaggybananaz

Swaggybananaz Void-Bound Voyager

Yup we found the culprit seems like Frackinguniverse is causing this, not 100% sure though
    and i also spawned without a mech so it might be FU causing it because i also used it

12. bycomino

yes, thanks you!!! if anyone have same problem, update FrackinUniverse-5.3.7.6 to fix it

13. Xangcar

Xangcar Yeah, You!

I've pieced together my solution. I had the Elithian Races Mod, needed to update. Still didn't resolve, I was still "unauthorized user"

After this, /failquest mechunlock
    Then, /startquest and /completequest commands didn't work, but completing Test Drive did.

14. Renjmon

Renjmon Big Damn Hero

Hello. I'm sorry for my disgusting English.
    I have a problem with Craft Mechs.
    assembly station locked.
    Even after the test is done, the station remains closed.
    /failquest mechunlock- just restarts the job.
    Used game modifications:
    Avali (Triage) 1.4
    Avali Modular Mech
    XS Mechs: Modular Edition
    And other popular modifications associated with Avali mod.
    who can help me with this?