RELEASED Cat and dog at the same time

Discussion in 'Pets/Horses' started by keyten, Mar 15, 2016.

1. forrpa

forrpa Void-Bound Voyager

Hmm, when I load my save file its just black, and nothing happens! I did exactly what the instructions said. Does anyone have the same problem?

• Foullily

Foullily Scruffy Nerf-Herder

So I have no idea how to put this in...I tried, but the game would just crash every time. Is it possible to get some sort of video explanation, or a detail explanation of how to implement this? I really want more then one animal T^T

EDIT:
      Nevermind, I did figure it out, though I think a more thorough explanation would help some others
      The only thing I now have to ask is, there is a constant stepping, when I go near the newly introduced dog, like it's sitting, but theres the footstep sound. It's not too annoying, I can deal with it, but if anyone knows how to remove it, that'd be awesome

Last edited: May 16, 2016
      • GBDetective

GBDetective Void-Bound Voyager

I think that's the sound of his tail hitting the ground, since he always wags it when you're nearby.

• asteriaex

asteriaex Void-Bound Voyager

Great mod, took me a little to actually find the code after I pasted it, heh. Works wonderfully, I know how a shiba inu dog, and luna from sailor moon :)

• Exhibitioner

Exhibitioner And Do the MONKEY!

This is interesting, I'm totally not gonna create a pet the size of the town with the scale attribute.

Also noticed your dog and cats had different skins; sans and the dog :3, any chance you could explain how you got those skins and replaced the vanilla pet's with them? :kitten2:

• i don't know how to do the code thing plz help

• n
                need help plz

• KieuQ

KieuQ Master Chief

• First paste the code provided by OP in a temporary text file so you won't have to deal with a huge amount of codes in the save file.
                  • You can change the following for the newly pasted code:
                  • Choose between
                  <NPC xsi:type="Dog"> and <NPC xsi:type="Cat"> which ever pet you want as what OP instructed.
                  • Change the pets name by replacing
                  <name>[NewNameHere]</name>.
                  • Those can be found near the start of the code.

• When you're done, you need to find your save file, it's located at
                  %appdata%\StardewValley\Saves\.
                  • Open the save folder that you want to edit (Folder Name:
                  [YourCharacterName]_[Numbers]).
                  • Open the the File that has the same name as the Folder with Notepad or another note editor.
                  • Press
                  Ctrl+F then find:
                  <NPC xsi:type="Dog"> if your current pet is a dog.
                  <NPC xsi:type="Cat"> if your current pet is a cat.
                  • Copy and Paste the code from the temporary text file before the code you found.

• It would look something like this: ...SomeCodes]>[PasteCodeHere]<NPC xsi:type="Dog/Cat"><[SomeCodes....
                  • Then save it.

Medicell, netish and Rainyday11 like this.
                  • Stephan16

Stephan16 Space Hobo

Can you individually name them?

• Hammurabi

Hammurabi Big Damn Hero

Yes, the very first thing after the <NPC xsi:type="whatever"> tag should be for the pet's name.

• nickyypanda

nickyypanda Space Hobo

Can some one help me? I understood what I'm supposed to do. but I'm not being able to find the file that I need to put my code in. look fo it every where :c

• mavisvalventini

mavisvalventini Aquatic Astronaut

Thanks for posting this! Now I have a cat AND a dog! Always wanted both!

• mavisvalventini

mavisvalventini Aquatic Astronaut

Thanks for making the steps easier!