RELEASED Chicklet - Save file editor & Map Editor V2.1.4

A save file & Map editor for StardewValley

1. stefanhaan

stefanhaan Scruffy Nerf-Herder

If you can confirm the following I can fix it:

When you open up chicklet, below the character preview there are 4 dropdowns, skin, etcetc.
    Is one of those blank right after you open your save?

If the above is true, I will add a fix for it in the next patch.
    Then the next patch will add:
    * Progress bar to the auto updater's download progress
    * Greenhouse & FarmHouse editable in the mapeditor as well
    * Fix for unsupported accessory, hair, skin and shirt values

• Ghostly Fox

Ghostly Fox Heliosphere

I can confirm that there was a blank box. Using Pencilstab's More Hair mod, character displays as bald and the hairstyle number box is both empty and cannot be clicked on- the cursor turns into a the red slashed circle/forbidden symbol. The other customization options have normal numbers displayed and render properly- it's only the hair box that doesn't have one, which is the only modded Farmer appearance file. Stays blank after switching to a different screen and then back to the character edit screen.

Hopefully that's the info you wanted?

• stefanhaan

Yep, I can fix that.

Vith and Nurio like this.
        • stefanhaan

stefanhaan updated Chicklet - Save file editor & Map Editor with a new update entry:

Chicklet V2.1.4 - Map editor Greenhouse & Farmhouse

Read the rest of this update entry...

curi0, Zelnite and Vith like this.
          • Vith

Vith Cosmic Narwhal

Sweet, thanks for the update!

• Zelnite

Zelnite Big Damn Hero

Thanks for the update and direct download, i really cant seem to download the update so im relying for the Direct DL xD thanks !!

• stefanhaan

What version of chicklet did you have before updating?

And did the auto updating create a update.asar file in /resources within the chicklet folder?

• Zelnite

Zelnite Big Damn Hero

My version was 2.0.2, and no it didn't create an update.asar file. but it's all good now im just gonna wait everytime you update and have a direct download :)

• oldlumina

oldlumina Void-Bound Voyager

So, I saved my stuff and everything, and go to boot up my file. Well... it's not there. Where did it go? Its still in the folder like it should be, what am I doing wrong?

• Nurio

Nurio Cosmic Narwhal

Can you give a bit more detail than this? It's a bit hard to say what you did wrong (if anything) if you don't really say what you did

• Nurio

Nurio Cosmic Narwhal

I think this is a bug? The drop-down menu for the hair and wardrobe styles don't work at all anymore. It just shows that red-slash-circle access-denied icon. The arrows to browse through the styles still work. I have no extended styles installed or anything

• Nurio

Nurio Cosmic Narwhal

By the way, I didn't see it in the Planned Features list... What do you think of a Skill, Experience and Professions editor?

• stefanhaan

There will be a professions editor for sure, especially since this one is quite easy actually. The game has few checks on this at all, meaning you could have all professions at once.
                            The skill & Experience probably need a bit more looking into the game's code, but are definitely possible.

• stefanhaan

What exactly did you do and/or edit?
                              And are you running any mods?

If this was a bug within Chicklet I would've probably heard about it already, but if you could attach your save file with answers to the above 2 questions I'll see if I can reproduce it.

• Nurio

Nurio Cosmic Narwhal

Yeah, I tried editing the experience manually in my savefile, but it somehow didn't work

• oldlumina

I edited a bunch on the first try, name, shirt, eye color, money, inventory, health, energy, and the file disappeared, so I opened the back up and tried again, this time with only money and health, and it still just vanished. I have a portrait mod, one pixel mod, house mod and dog mod.
                                  hopefully the above helps.

• stefanhaan

Sounds like it should be fine, could you send me your save files for that character? Then I can see what's wrong with it.

• oldlumina

Attached Files:

• Nurio

Nurio Cosmic Narwhal

I've found a bug when combining Oranisagu's Item Collector and stefanhaan's Chicklet save editor. I don't know exactly what technically causes the glitch, so I'll make (and copy) this bug report to both relevant threads.

First you need to have a Crab Pot connected to a chest with Item Collector installed and let it collect from the Crab Pot and fill it with bait. Then go about your day and save at the end.
                                        Before starting your new day, close the game and open your save in Chicklet. Using the map editor, move the chest away from the Crab Pot so it's no longer connected
                                        Save the edit and then open up the game again. When you go check on your Crab Pot, it's glitched. It doesn't have bait in it, but the fish can't be collected from it either. It can't be picked up either. It's forever stuck like this and needs to be deleted through Chicklet.

Note: I had the Chest directly connected to the Crab Pot without any pathways, nor did I have the Chest connected to anything else (but I imagine it would produce the same bug no matter what)
                                        Note: Putting the Chest back where it was using Chicklet doesn't prevent/solve the problem once you've moved the chest
                                        Note: I tried this on multiple saves and was able to replicate it each time
                                        Note: I haven't tried this with other machines the Item Collector could collect from, but I imagine it would produce the same bug on any machine that you can collect from first thing in the morning

• Nurio

Nurio Cosmic Narwhal

Okay, Oranisagu has fixed it on his end! ^^