Choosing ships

Discussion in 'Mechanics' started by Matt_Rethyu, Feb 26, 2017.

1. Matt_Rethyu

Matt_Rethyu Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Welcome all more-or-less humanoidal and probably sentient beings!

The problem I've had for quite a long time is this: many people want to have a different ship than their default one, so they download mods, but when they're playing together there are sometimes issues when two people playing the same race want to have two different ships. They then have to choose which one they would be both happy with and compromise.

My idea for a solution to this problem, that would also expand the vanilla game somewhat: don't make ships bound to a specific race. Instead you could create a system where all the racial ships and all the modded ships are a pool from which the player can choose, either in the character creation or later in-game. That would solve all the issues with ship mods and would allow for adding more ships in the future. Maybe ships you get as quest rewards, or ships you have to craft or find, ships tied to specific organisations like the Protectorate, or just more variations of the racial ships. Variety is the spice of life!

Valardy, Jappards and Surenu like this.
  2. Surenu

Surenu The End of Time

Pretty good idea, and one that would help me tremendously. I'm playing a human and want to stick with a post-apocalyptic/decayed theme, so maybe a bit more ship choice would help me there.

3. hanand95

hanand95 Void-Bound Voyager

It would be cool if u could not only upgrade ship, but buy new one any time