Clan Infinity: MS Paint is all you need.

Discussion in 'Hangout Threads' started by Clan Infinity, Feb 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gredd18

Gredd18 Giant Laser Beams

2. Solum

Solum Cosmic Narwhal

I kind of have a thing for weird experimental roguelikes so this is basically right up my alley!

Saal, RedScarWolf, donleong94 and 2 others like this.
  3. Gredd18

So I saw this and went to get the link from youtube and it's not out yet goddamn it why ;~;

Saal, RedScarWolf, donleong94 and 3 others like this.
  4. Gredd18

So I've given in.
    As I speak I'm modding Skyrim SE.
    Please, Pray for my tainted soul.

5. Fluffy Arsonist

Fluffy Arsonist Cosmic Narwhal

alas, Special Edition isn't compatible with Script Extender. which means none of the important mods work.

6. Jimlad 42

Jimlad 42 Supernova

Do you hav- wait, SE...
    Well, make sure you have Frostfall, Beyond Skyrim, Perkus Maximus, (Or a similar mod) a mod or five directly related to how you're playing, Immersive Armor, and Realistic Needs. And as many other mods as you can make work. But one thing of note: NEVER sacrifice stability. That is of the utmost importance. If it's crashing, start double checking things. Make sure it's looted well, all the compatibility patches you might need, all the mods to fix things, check if you can trim any of the mods down to try to improve the stability, that sort of thing. It should actually end up more stable than the base game except for a few exceptions.

7. Gredd18

Depends on how you define "Important".
    I'm honest-to-Lorkhan fucking tired of having to add like 50 "Important" or essential or something mods to my game, and playing on the base edition is just gonna make me do that.
    • Frostfall
    No, thanks, I remember playing this with realistic needs. Whenever I fast-travelled anywhere, I was forced to eat, sleep, and eat again. It added about five minutes onto any fast travel, and it got so annoying. Also, made getting places that much harder due to skyrim being a giant snowball
    • Beyond Skyrim
    Oh, might try this.
    • Perkus Maximus
    Got Ordinator, Enaision's 2nd SE Combat Mod, Summermyst, etc...
    • Immersive Armour
    Got this.
    • Realistic Needs
    See Frostfall.

Shit guys, I just wanna go beat up stuff and actually get to fucking solsthiem for once, usually I skyrim for 20~ hours, and over half of that is fucking modding. Then it crashes/etc midway though and it all goes to shit.

8. Jimlad 42

Jimlad 42 Supernova

There's your problem.
    Yeah, I have yet to actually get to Bruma since I haven't done anything impressive enough. I figure I'll kill off the vampires and then go explore Bruma.
    Yep. That'll do fine.
    Good.
    There's more that could be added, but I figure the most important stuff to add is the content additions. Anything else could be applied later as you play the game. It's what I've done, and it's only screwed me over a little bit.
    (I am of course not mentioning the fundamentals, like the unofficial patch and Onetweak.)

So, what sort of character do you intend to play? A mage? A sneaky archer? A barbarian assassin archer who dual wields axes and charges in like a madman once he steals everyone's pants off?

9. Fluffy Arsonist

Fluffy Arsonist Cosmic Narwhal

the ones that make the UI not garbage. and the character creator not garbage. and the ones that make it so any new stuff can be actually new rather than retextured vanilla stuff.

10. Gredd18

I literally don't have the patients to not fast travel places.
    Dunmer Conjurer/Mage Assassin. I hopefully plan on going full Conjured weaponry, with spells/etc. Light Armour. if i get that far
    Got something for UI, Character Creator I couldn't give a shit about frankly, and the last one... maybe?

Saal, RedScarWolf, Freddy and 2 others like this.
  11. Spike

Spike Supernova

The final clutch. In a last ditch effort, Wolf managed to complete her final creation.

The theme of this fight is the ability to let go; Spek simply couldn't let go of his past glories, and so he teamed up with the mastermind in a vain attempt to recapture his past, and ended up paying dearly for it.

Also, @Saal , notice something in the bottom left corner there?

Supleted Arc 3 The Grand Nico Games Page 48.png

Last edited: Jul 25, 2017
  12. Freddy

Freddy Pangalactic Porcupine

Apparently its getting replaced with a utility with the simplicity of paint that also has basic 3d modeling capabilities according to various chatter I've come across on the topic.

RedScarWolf, Luna, Jimlad 42 and 2 others like this.
  13. Gredd18

So they can't just make MS 3D or something?

Also, Skyrim without a First Person Camera mod and Immersive Hud will take a while to get used to.
    Edit: It wasn't the camera or Ihud that was making it odd. It's how goddamn smooth it is. Pure 60 FPS, like a Youtube Video.

14. Jimlad 42

Jimlad 42 Supernova

That's a thing? I might have to get some upgrades at some point...

Nirning Clan ∞.
    :zzz:

15. Gredd18

It was only for a little while before the game realised it was rendering waaay too much tree and shit and when "30 FPS HERE WE GO"
    Either way, Skyrim SE Looks beautiful, shame SKSE doesn't work on it honestly.

Luna, RedScarWolf, Jimlad 42 and 2 others like this.
  16. Luna

Luna Pangalactic Porcupine

Okay, Frostfall is great. Excellent. It's so good that it should be in the base game. But do not ever use a needs mod. They're horrible and unimmersive and tedious.

17. Argthrond

Argthrond Oxygen Tank

NO
    shin surprised.png
    SPEEEK

18. Jimlad 42

Jimlad 42 Supernova

Nirning Clan ∞.

donleong94 and Freddy like this.
  19. Freddy

Freddy Pangalactic Porcupine

People were upset enough that Microsoft agreed to continue to support paint. It won't be a default app anymore, but it will continue being free. Also according to random chatter.

Saal, RedScarWolf, donleong94 and 2 others like this.
  20. Gredd18

So Pyre was released today, and it's definitely worth it.
    Unlike Bastion and Transistor, which have something of a learning curve and various resources you need to manage, it's basically fantasy basketball, but only one person can move on a team at once, and you can do mad flips 'n' shit yo.
    Also seems to have a story which changes based on your decisions, which means tons of replayability.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.