RELEASED Clotho's stuff. workinnn

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Clotho, Apr 23, 2017.

1. Clotho

Clotho Subatomic Cosmonaut

This is an unofficial continuation of the work of the lovely @Boneberry as seen in this thread. I will not be integrating my edits with hers because I do not wish to encroach upon her project. That being said, Boneberry hasn't really been around in a while so I wanted to keep it going. Once I finish redoing everything she didn't change, I will be redoing the ones she changed so that those who can't combine the xnb's will have complete springobjects and crops files. That's about all I can think of to say about that right now. Let me know if you have any concerns.

[​IMG]
    Currently working on:
    Cute pink dollhouse as a house replacement. RIP
    Redoing item/crop images.
    (from highest to lowest priority)
    sweet pea
    crocus
    blue jazz +crop
    summer spangle+crop
    tulip+crop
    daffodil
    poppy+crop
    sunflower+crop
    goat milk
    wool
    sea urchin
    purple mushroom
    amaranth
    red mushroom

dandelion
    seaweed
    kale
    artichoke
    bok choy
    cactus fruit
    tomato
    yam
    crab cakes
    clam
    wild horseradish
    common mushroom
    wild plum
    cockle
    mussel
    rhubarb
    tomato
    coral?
    gemstones/minerals (all maybe, ugh)
    everything else on springobjects

Most recent progress:
    stillslow.png
    crops.png

Other mods:
    ayyy, so I've been working on some stuff for me and I thought others might be interested.

Very much so inspired by eemie's Victorian style reskins, I made a replacement for the sprinklers. They were just so glaringly different from the old, delicate look of my farm. Like I said, this is made to complement eemie's buildings, so I would suggest using her mods with this. Or not. You do you.
    sprinklers.png

Get it here

Replaces the Rabbit's Foot with Usagi Mochi. Has it's own data, so no more feeling terrible about harvesting your bunny's feet.
    usagimochi.png

Get it here

Later:
    cute cat tree
    other stuff I can't remember right now :slowpoke:

Let me know if you have any thoughts, problems, et cetera. Thanksssss

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 26, 2019
    • DreamerDrop

DreamerDrop Scruffy Nerf-Herder

That mochi bunny is so cute! I love the idea that my rabbits are mysteriously making mochi in the night much more than harvesting their feet...

I have them modded to be white bunnies too, so it feels extra fitting!

Clotho likes this.
      • Coolwyngs

Coolwyngs Giant Laser Beams

so cool. I can not wait to see more of your work.

• Clotho

Thank you guys so much! ♥
          And that was the idea with the mochi. I'll be changing the image slightly soon cause I still don't like the way it looks. I'm probably being picky.

• airylies

airylies Void-Bound Voyager

oooh, loving your crops so far, cant wait to see more!!!

Clotho likes this.
            • Clotho

ayyyy, so guess what?
              My hard drive decided it hates me. I've spent the last 3 days trying to recover files before wiping the drive, no luck. Now I'm skimming the burnt rubble of what a recovery program could dredge up. I lost everything I've modded for Stardew Valley. The dollhouse probably isn't going to happen since it ate all of the hand-drawn stuff I did for that. Meanwhile, I'm graduating college in a week and I still have a project to finish. Needless to say, updates will be slow for a week or so. I know, I need to back things up, though I have, just not all the minute changes I've made to SDV in the past month. /cue longest sigh evar
              [​IMG]

airylies and DreamerDrop like this.
              • Clotho

so i'm avoiding writing an exam by doodling flowers
                [​IMG]

sorry progress is slow. once this week is over, i'll be going hog-wild. except i'm also moving soon. so we'll see. X3

airylies likes this.
                • Coolwyngs

wow the flowers look amazing

Clotho likes this.
                  • Clotho

Need some opinions!

Amaranth. Should it look like a flower, like it's treated in SDV, or should it look more like what it's used for as an actual crop, that is a grain.
                    this variation is used more traditionally as a flower:
                    [​IMG]

this is what the crop usually looks like:
                    [​IMG]

Cranberries. Would you rather see them in a bog or just on the bush?

Red mushroom.
                    So I know, amanita muscaria, but that seemed too overdone. It's also extremely toxic and has a lot psychoactive effects when consumed, which makes sense with some of the recipes that use it. So I wanted to throw out other alternatives that fit the vague descriptor of "red mushroom".
                    Examples:
                    [​IMG]Clathrus ruber
                    The gleba has a fetid odor, somewhat like rotting meat, which attracts flies and other insects to help disperse its spores. Although the edibility of the fungus is not known with certainty, its odor would deter most from consuming it. C. ruber was not regarded highly in tales in southern European folklore, which suggested that those who handled the mushroom risked contracting various ailments. -wiki YUM X3

[​IMG]Fistulina hepatica
                    It has been used as a meat substitute in the past, and can still be found in some French markets. It has a sour, slightly acidic taste. For eating it must be collected young and it may be tough and need long cooking. -wiki

Then there's this gem: link cause i'm getting lazy

For purple mushrooms there's some options:

This one is known to be a good edible, but can sometimes cause an allergic reaction that manifests as indigestion.
                    As for taste: "Blewits can be eaten as a cream sauce or sauteed in butter. They can also be cooked like tripe or as omelette filling, and also make good stewing mushrooms. They have a strong flavour, so they combine well with leeks or onions"

This one is really pretty and cool. "Although L. indigo is a well-known edible species, opinions vary on its desirability...It may have a slightly bitter or peppery taste, and has a coarse, grainy texture.The firm flesh is best prepared by cutting the mushroom in thin slices. "

Aaand this one gets really purple but it's also extremely toxic to your kidneys.

I'd really appreciate it if people could add their thoughts. Thank youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.
                    Also updated OP.

Last edited: May 2, 2017
                    • Coolwyngs

I like the Lactarius indigo for the purple mushroom. For the Red mushroom I like the Clathrus ruber it looks cool. I think the Amaranth should look like a flower. Cranberries would look good on the bush while growing and in a bog when ready to harvest.

Clotho likes this.
                      • Raijyn

Raijyn Phantasmal Quasar

Amaranth should probably look less floral and more like the grain variety. It's still pretty, and it's more accurate to how to game describes it.

Cranberries should be on the bush. In a large-scale operation, cranberries grow in sandy conditions in a bog, yes, but not in water, contrary to popular beleif. The fields are flooded in winter to protect it from frost, and flooded during harvest time as well for easier harvesting. On a smaller scale however, they would simply be growing on their vines, and then picked by hand, which seems more accurate to how many you would be growing and harvesting in Stardew.

The cage-like Clathrus ruber mushroom looks a little crazy in my opinion, and would likely be hard to sprite. I prefer a more classical looking mushroom, like the Fistulina hepatica.

As for the purple mushroom, I'm intrigued by the Lactarius indigo. with its bold colored underside, and powdery blue-purple top. If you do this one, try to sprite it in a way that showcases that vibrant underside, perhaps leaning to the side a bit.

Clotho likes this.
                        • Clotho

SOooo, first things first: clathrus ruber might be hard to sprite- challenge accepted.
                          I'll also do the other one and just put up a vote. I'll do the same with amaranth since that should require very little change.
                          The cranberries things is really just aesthetic at this point since I don't have much control on showing how they're grown in different weather conditions. So I guess I just wanted to know if anyone was interested in seeing how they'd look in a bog type setting.
                          And I'm glad L indigo has you guys cause I definitely like it too.
                          Thanks and if anyone else has their two cents, feel free to chime in.

Last edited: May 3, 2017
                          • Clotho

Also updated OP. Cause I'm literally avoiding college graduation right now. what am i doing with my life

• Coolwyngs

Wow looking good I really like it. By bog I ment a flooded space with little cranberries floating on the top of the water.

• Clotho

Thank you! And yeah, I figured. I mean, I'll give it a shot, but no promises that it'll work. :slowpoke:

• Coolwyngs

Thanks for trying good luck. This looks like a big project

Clotho likes this.
                                  • Raijyn

Raijyn Phantasmal Quasar

By the way, I forgot to mention that I love the flowers you've done. Much more to my tastes than the vanilla sprites (not to knock on Eric Barone's original work; it has its own old school aesthetic and appeal, but I'm into a more modern and rustic style), they're definitely very cute. I've been using the Taco Bones crop & item replacement mod, but even that doesn't replace quite nearly enough yet. So, now I'm using your mod and Taco Bones, as well as a few of my personal edits/resprites, in conjunction for an all around cuter Stardew Valley. c:

Clotho likes this.
                                    • Coolwyngs

I would love to seen your sprite edits please.

• eemie

eemie Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

i loooooove aaall offf iiiittt

Clotho likes this.
                                        • Clotho

That means a lot. ♥♥♥

eemie likes this.