1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED [COLORBOUND] 2015/2014 1.0.0

[COLORBOUND] adds 635 + 900 new color selection options for PCs and NPCs! MultiplayerFriendly™!

1. Zombielogic101

Zombielogic101 Phantasmal Quasar

is there any chance of getting this mod to work with mod races?

2. Seraphi

Seraphi Phantasmal Quasar

Nope. Not unless the author of the mod race wants to adapt the values themselves, that is (which they are free to do so).

3. Master Automan IV

Master Automan IV Phantasmal Quasar

This.....is.......absolutely amazing. Oh I could literally kiss you if I could.

Starbound playa likes this.
  4. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

Hey, Seraphi, may I have permission to use your mod as part of a mod pack? Doing so requires modifying your assets to make them play nice with other features of the modpack.

5. Starbound playa

Starbound playa Pangalactic Porcupine

Players with this mod be like.

$WAG SOLS.gif

Seraphi and Master Automan IV like this.
  6. Master Automan IV

Master Automan IV Phantasmal Quasar

7. Seraphi

Absolutely.

Mackinz likes this.
  8. Seraphi

I've decided to allow 「COLORBOUND」 to be freely used as a "resource" (or whatever you want to call it) for further spin-offs and modifications.

The mod was never abandoned; it was just taken as far as it could go without adding further complexity or redundancy into the mix (especially without a decent way to select colors other than "click left and right"). You really don't want thousands of colors that are just slightly different hues and saturations of each other.

I had always expected that it would be replaced by an official RGB slider or color-wheel in-game anyway, but that never seemed to come.

In any case, it's never going to be added to or changed, so... feel free to go ahead and create variants, additions, tweaks, modifications, compilations, edits, or whatever you want. Add it to mod packs and servers.

Credit such as "based on 「COLORBOUND」 by Seraphi" or something would be appreciated, but is not required.

Obviously, don't upload the mod wholesale (or under a different name) without changes and and claim credit for it. There's a difference between "free use" and "theft".

Other than that, go nuts.

Starbound playa and Mackinz like this.
  9. GoldenstarArtist

GoldenstarArtist Cosmic Narwhal

Any news on whether this mod will be compatible with the upcoming July 22rd 1.0 update?

10. Mackinz

It is wholly compatible with the 1.0 update.

Seraphi likes this.
  11. NoShamNoWow

NoShamNoWow Void-Bound Voyager

Would you be able to add this to the steam workshop? Not that you have to, just convenient ;D

12. Edelweiss

Edelweiss Void-Bound Voyager

I want to add some unnatural skin colors for human but I'm struggling with it, can you show us how to add new colors?

13. Sylari

Sylari Space Hobo

It was on the workshop until yesterday or today. Not sure if it was stolen or what though.

14. chocosamara

chocosamara Scruffy Nerf-Herder

It was until today. I was going to download the mod and then it disappeared :nurusad: I think the user don't put the credits for the author.
    Can it still works without using the steam workshop? (Like before, just in the mod carpet) Or is it now forced to work like that?
    It overwhelms me, I need it for my Floran character...

15. eksynn

eksynn Giant Laser Beams

16. chocosamara

chocosamara Scruffy Nerf-Herder

The one in steam workshop doesn't work in my game. But if I use the one from here it works.
    Dunno why... But atleast you can use the mods in the "old" way.

17. Mackinz

I've learned that the "Outdated Mods" category is not strictly for incompatible mods. It's also used for fully compatible mods that haven't been updated in several months.

18. bluestorm2112

bluestorm2112 Tentacle Wrangler

The 2nd Steam Workshop upload seems to have been taken down as well.

19. Seraphi

Last edited: Jul 31, 2016
    bluestorm2112 likes this.
  20. bluestorm2112

bluestorm2112 Tentacle Wrangler

Thanks for this and great mod by the way.

I had been using the version here and it works fine. The workshop versions can be more convenient though when you use as many mods as I do (70+ at the moment and it keeps going up).

Seraphi likes this.