1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED [COLORBOUND] 2015/2014 1.0.0

[COLORBOUND] adds 635 + 900 new color selection options for PCs and NPCs! MultiplayerFriendly™!

1. Seraphi

Seraphi Phantasmal Quasar

I very rarely use Steam unless I absolutely have to (I dislike anything standing between me double-clicking on an icon and then arriving at the title screen).

However, I appreciate the fact that people are still using [COLORBOUND] as a "must have mod" kind of thing, so figuring out how to add it to Steam Workshop seemed like a reasonable request to handle in order to repay that kindness.

Besides, people were (apparently?) uploading it without asking me, and that's no good at all.

bluestorm2112 likes this.
  2. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

If you don't mind, could you release an update for this that replaces the modinfo file with a metadata file? As a "must-have mod", it needs to be out of "Outdated Mods".

Seraphi and chocosamara like this.
  3. Seraphi

Is that what's causing it? I'll have a look at it in the next day or two. Thanks.

(Also, it got deleted in a redundant post, but thanks for keeping tabs on how well COLORBOUND has been working through all the different versions.)

Last edited: Aug 1, 2016
  4. mastercookie

mastercookie Existential Complex

id recommend removing some formatting on the front page, it looks like this for old forum theme
    Untitled-1.png

Seraphi and tenofspades like this.
  5. tenofspades

tenofspades Scruffy Nerf-Herder

great job and all, but these strange "「" and "」" symbols in the description part of the .metadata file may actually crash the game. at least they were doing it for me until i removed them from my own copy of this mod.

Seraphi likes this.
  6. Ulithium_Dragon

Ulithium_Dragon Space Kumquat

FYI:
    As far as I can tell, you have to specifically petition the moderation staff too get your mod removed from the "Outdated"" category. I had to do that when they moved one of my mods to "Outdated" despite the fact that it still worked fine with later updates without being specifically patched for them.

-----------------------------------------
    It's a rather dumb system considering over 2/3 of the mods on this site are "outdated" lmfao. Maybe if Chucklefish didn't keep consistently doing dumb stuff that''s so anti-modder every single update, this wouldn't be the case...

...Like all the simple variable renaming they continue to do that serves no real functional purpose other than to annihilate mods. The 1.0 update saw the variable for "frame" renamed to "image" (even when you're actually USING an animated frame-based image). Sure, this makes more sense for more situations of usage, but changing stuff like this is gonna wreck compatibility, and at this point I can no longer decide if they are simply incompetent or just do that give two f*cks... =.=

Seraphi likes this.
  7. TakasuRyuji

TakasuRyuji Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I gotcha a present!

So I made what you could call a bit of a compatibility patch for Colorbound and Detailed Species.

Before, when using Colorbound and Detailed Species together, the Apex would have set default color streaks running down their arms and legs. I added altogether 141 hexadecimal color codes to Colorbound & Colorbound +'s "apex.species.patch" files, to match the shine (streaks) with their fur. I meant to send this to you sooner but I couldn't start a converstion through profiles, made it a few days after 1.0 launched, totally forgot there was a discussion board for this stuff xD. All you have to do is replace the two "apex.species.patch" files with these new ones and your all set!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Here's a link to my Dropbox files: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/50vhg8fkq2l2coz/AABVOUL25ICvChA1V2PDFcr1a?dl=0

Thanks for the amazing mod!

Last edited: Aug 3, 2016
    Seraphi and Mackinz like this.
  8. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

Pardon for asking, but can I implement this addition into my to-be-released mod?

9. Seraphi

The thing is, I did remove most of the formatting for the overview(/front) page, just a few days ago. The problem is that the OLD forum theme is almost black, and the NEW forum theme is light grey.

If I change the font to black so you can see it on the new forum theme, you can't see the text on the old forum theme; if I change it to white so you can see it on the old forum theme, you can't see it on the new forum theme.

I don't know what the solution is. Someone's going to lose, no matter what I do. (´_`。)

The symbols are Japanese quotation marks.

I actually did remove them from the .metadata file about fifteen minutes after I uploaded the first version, discovered that they now caused the game to crash, and then quickly uploaded a fixed version in which the "「" and "」" were replaced with "[" and "]".

You must have downloaded the file during that fifteen minute window between me "updating" the file and then correcting the error. My apologies for that.

(I now need to go and check to see if they're still present or not. They shouldn't be!)

Thank you for the information! (・ω・)b

What really irks me is that [COLORBOUND] isn't outdated - it just doesn't need updating.

However, it's been relegated to "outdated" status because it was the final version, and now people are worried about using it because they're not sure if it'll still work.

Oh, this is cool. You're cool. The things you like are probably cool. ( ´ ▽ ` )

If it's okay, I'll throw it into the mix. However, I'd like to give you credit for the work (because, as you noted, it's not much fun), so... is there any particular handle that you like?

tenofspades likes this.
  10. Ulithium_Dragon

Ulithium_Dragon Space Kumquat

Yeah, the forum moderators seem to be in the habit of just dumping all mods that have not gotten up update for something like 2 or more game versions into the "outdated" category, regardless of whether or not they are actually broken.

I had to make a thread and petition that they put my Avali Tech Bow mod (which actually IS outdated now laughably) back where it belonged.

They should let users edit their own mods categories - then the moderators could move the mods to outdated without worrying about needing to manually test them all, and if they moved a working mod, then the user could just move it back, thus letting them know that it's not outdated. :]

Seraphi likes this.
  11. Seraphi

There's the option to manually remove the "outdated" tag, but attempting to clear it results in a "you must select a tag" error, of which only "outdated" is available. It sucks.

Anyway, thanks for the moral support!

Last edited: Aug 4, 2016
  12. Seraphi

Seraphi updated [COLORBOUND] with a new update entry:

Detailed Species Integrated Patch // Slight Name Change

Read the rest of this update entry...

13. TakasuRyuji

TakasuRyuji Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Sure thing, as long as it's okay with Seraphi!

Go right ahead! As for my tag just do TakasuRyuji. Leave it to me to not think of an original name for 19 years, I'll think of something eventually. -w-''

I should note that this patch won't fix the stripes on existing characters IF they already had them. Any characters made after installing the patch, or made before installing detailed species will look correct though!

Last edited: Aug 4, 2016
    Seraphi likes this.
  14. Seraphi

The patch has been rolled into [COLORBOUND], so... (・ω・)v

I made a note of the "it'll only fix characters made after installing the patched version" thing, too.

15. Seraphi

Seraphi updated [COLORBOUND] 2015/2014 with a new update entry:

[COLORBOUND] 2015/2014

Read the rest of this update entry...

16. Seraphi

17. amirmiked12

amirmiked12 Parsec Taste Tester

cool mod but whats the difference between 635 and 900 one?