1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Corrupted Save - Please Hep

Discussion in 'Support' started by ThatBillmanGuy, Jun 16, 2017.

1. ThatBillmanGuy

ThatBillmanGuy Void-Bound Voyager

Here is the file:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/92y2eryyfan639v/JadziaSave.rar?dl=0

I've read the sticky for fixing corrupted save files, but neither of the 3 examples seem to apply to my save. I don't have anything missing at the end, nor have I ever edited the save, nor does it show NULL.

I'm running SMAPI 1.12 with Stardew Valley 1.2.29 on Windows 10 home.
    Using NPC Map Locations Mod by Bouhm, v1.4.6
    TimeSpeed Mod (unofficial), v2.0.3

Also have easier fishing mod installed.

I started a new game today. Got to day 7 (just opened up the community center and visited the wizard) and saved the game. Closed the game.

Now when I load that save (ALL OTHER SAVES work), I get a black screen, with the energy bar and and empty tool bar.

• MysticTempest

MysticTempest Spaceman Spiff

Hrm, I tested your save on my Linux system; and it plays okay. It doesn't seem like anything should be wrong. You can try updating SMAPI, and the game; they both can be updated. Not sure about the mods; as I don't use those particular ones.

If it still happens after that, or if it occurs without SMAPI as well; then posting your SMAPI log might help narrow it down. And, the regular Stardew error log if it ends up crashing.

Oh, you could also upload one of the other saves that DOES work. I can see if there's any resolution settings that are different or something.
      But, other then that; I'm not sure. I can't seem to replicate your issue.

• ThatBillmanGuy

• ThatBillmanGuy

Yep. Updating worked (next time, I'll make sure that's not the issue first). Thank you!

Any idea why it crashed to begin with?

• MysticTempest

MysticTempest Spaceman Spiff

Glad to hear updating worked.
          The issue was likely related to some of the fullscreen bugs affecting Windows users. When v1.2 first came out, a lot of Windows users were experiencing that; but subsequent updates seems to have fixed that issue.

As an example I was looking at both saves. Jadzia, the one having issues; was set to "windowedBorderlessFullscreen: true". While, Bill your working save; has it set to false.

While, I'm not 100% positive that was the actual cause. Not being able to reproduce it on Linux, and you having others saves that did work fine; seemed to point to that resolution bug being the cause.

The old error log generated by SMAPI may have gotten deleted already. But, this is a snippet of what Windows users saw when that fullscreen bug appeared.; though usually it was a full crash, not just a black screen with missing textures.
          Code:
          Message: Cannot access a disposed object. Object name: 'Texture2D'. InnerException: Stack Trace: at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Helpers.CheckDisposed(Object obj, IntPtr pComPtr) at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.TextureCollection.set_Item(Int32 index, Texture value) at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.SpriteBatch.RenderBatch(Texture2D texture, SpriteInfo[]