Craft upgraded versions of Chests.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Nat26, Jun 6, 2017.

1. Nat26

Nat26 Seal Broken

We could upgrade or construct chests with more materials (wood, stone) into trunks or bigger chests that have more slots.

Gewitsch and Seismothesaurus like this.
    • Venatio777

Venatio777 Subatomic Cosmonaut

I would like different kinds of containers, like refrigerators or closets so we can differentiate our stashes beyond different colored chests.

Gewitsch, Seismothesaurus and Nat26 like this.
      • Gewitsch

Gewitsch Void-Bound Voyager

Hello,

I don't know how much we can influence Concerned Ape from this forum or if we are only discussing with other users^^
        I would like to add this mod idea
        Maybe a new crafting recipe that needs a standard chest and expensive items like a prismatic shard or so.

For the ideas above. I like it to make the chests more unique. Especially because then your brain doesn't need so much colour mapping.
        Certain themes like for Fishing, Foraging, Harvesting etc. would be nice.
        @Venatio777 I like for the refrigerator the idea to have a better one in the house.

Thanks a lot if this could reach Concerned Ape

Seismothesaurus likes this.
        • Seismothesaurus

Seismothesaurus Scruffy Nerf-Herder

-A bigger fridge (maybe one with compartments for different types of food so it's visually organized) or functional cabinets in the kitchen so we're not storing food in chests everywhere.
          -A 'display case,' whether or not you can actually see into it, but something that indicates special items are stored there, like weapons and hats. Good for a trophy room.
          -Chest labels where you could type a very short description that would pop up on hover or at least when you open the chest (sometimes it's hard to remember exactly why you stuffed a chest full of odd items, but there must have been a good reason).
          -Even just letting us select an icon in addition to the colour picker (a metal bar, a piece of fruit, a fish, etc.) that would show on the front of the chest would go a long way toward chest management.

I like the trunk idea. Maybe different skins of trunks that require materials corresponding to their look (sort of like all the brazier crafting recipes from Robin).

Gewitsch likes this.