1. Note: Nightly builds are not officially supported and things that appear broken might actually just be broken with no way of fixing it, but community members may still be willing to assist you with common problems.

Bug/Issue Crew has multiple of each person

Discussion in 'Nightly Builds Support' started by SweetRose, Jul 27, 2016.

1. SweetRose

SweetRose Void-Bound Voyager

upload_2016-7-26_19-57-56.png I excepted people to be crew members. Now I have multiple copies of the crew. I even dismissed one thinking she would take her copies with her but they stayed after she left. You can see some of the copied people in above picture.

2. RubberBand

RubberBand Tentacle Wrangler

I have the same issue, No idea what to do about it.Double the crew, had about 20 people lol. Tailor clothes only applies on originals interestingly.

3. alextulinov

alextulinov Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'm having the same problem but in stable,maybe it's a mod?what do you guys have installed?

4. SweetRose

SweetRose Void-Bound Voyager

I don't have any mods. Just the basic game no add-ons of any kind. :) I will have to assign a uniform so I can find the original crew.

5. Plumbcat

Plumbcat Guest

Me too, I thought maybe they were duping when I changed crew uniforms since they're all wearing something different. I tried upgrading the ship thinking they'd disappear, as well as dismissing a few. Nothing worked, I'm stumped. :/

6. Bernkastel_Kues

Bernkastel_Kues Void-Bound Voyager

I also have this in the normal build. sometimes up to 4 copies of each at a time. This bug has stopped me and my friend from playing because it started happening many times an hour

7. Moose2001

Moose2001 Phantasmal Quasar

Yup, Starbound's release was obviously rushed as anybody can tell at this point. Crew members are a complete mess, and they don't even function properly. Besides the cloning bug (which finally made me dismiss every crew member because I had over 48 npcs cluttering my ship), here is a list of all the issues with them.

Medics: Won't heal you unless your "in combat". Makes them pretty worthless because of this since combats tend to end fairly fast at the later tiers.

Mechanics: Why is there no cap on them raising fuel? Their made pointless anyways because of.....

Engineers: They eventually make it cost 0 to travel anywhere, again, because of the no cap logic. Fuel already wasn't very challenging to get (moons and store), so why remove it from the game?

Chemists: Their buff overrides the Bird NPC's buff at the outpost. No reason they should be overriding a stronger buff, effectively making them worthless.

The only ones that somewhat do their job atm are tailors, soldiers, and janitors (probably janitor, since he effectively is the best at being useless). AI in general needs some work, as soldiers, pets, and mobs show in game.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2016
  8. Moose2001

Moose2001 Phantasmal Quasar

To fix your bug, you'll literally have to dismiss them 2 or 3 at a time. Dismiss the whole roster, spam E on a few, run back to SAIL, dismiss the 2 or 3 it lets you recruit, and repeat. Tailor clones will have to be killed by lava. Just don't bother with crew members at all till chucklefish decides to overhaul them completely, as the bugs and AI on them make them pretty worthless.

Edit: Just realized you posted this in Nightly Support, did you mean to post this here, as it happens on the Stable version as well.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2016
  9. Bernkastel_Kues

Bernkastel_Kues Void-Bound Voyager

either way, it's pretty sad to see that this bug is still in the nightly build. This bug has really killed me and my friends desire to play as it's just gotten so terrible.

Moose2001 likes this.
  10. QuantumProjects

QuantumProjects Star Wrangler