Darkbound: Legacy of the Lucent Update Part 2!

Discussion in 'Planets and Environments' started by Ghostar, Jul 23, 2012.

1. Ghostar

Ghostar Steakeater

[Content Removed]

Last edited: Jul 24, 2016
  2. Cellbind

Cellbind Pangalactic Porcupine

Cool idea, but without a star or large celestial object to orbit they will likely float off in an unspecified direction. You wont be able to find them again.

As such you should never be able to visit a darkbound planet more than once.

3. RassianAndrew

RassianAndrew Tentacle Wrangler

I also like the "hardcore" of the planet.
    This opens the opportunity to examine the planet group
    because it alone will be difficult.
    Sorry for my bad english

4. GardenOfFerne

GardenOfFerne Industrial Terraformer

Absolutely loving this idea! Its quite different from anything else i've read about because it takes a more dark approach to the game. I do have a couple questions though. If you become the Darkbound queen server how do you cure this status? You stated earlier in the post that there is no known cure to the possesion of a Darkbound, (I am assuming this is how you become infected?) so how would you cure it? Are you unable to cure this status? Another question I have is, will you see the Darkbound queen and will she be a boss/mob? A suggestion I have for this is maybe if you reach stage 3 of the infection you meet the Darkbound queen and to cure the status you would have to kill her? Maybe this could be some sort of side quest? Overall though I would just like to say great idea and wonderful spriting Seria-Myouna. Also on a random note, great idea for your 666 post. :)

5. RassianAndrew

P.S.
    you are drawing these beautiful pictures?

6. Scruffy

Scruffy Pangalactic Porcupine

It's quite a excellent idea, I would love to see it ingame. The illustrations are quite hilarious.

7. Ghostar

Ghostar Steakeater

I plan to add info on how to rid yourself of it and such later I have a TON of ideas! Me and Seria are working together on this one to make one big planet of awesomesause! But in truth I wanted to hury and post it so that I could finally start posting again. (I didn't want to just waste my 666th post when I could use it for awesome!)

And yes Cell, the Darkbound are forever on the move! If you are unlucky enough to catch them you should take advantage of all the awesome items they have! (which will be added in the week probably.)

Model QT-377665 and Axe Garian like this.
  8. GardenOfFerne

Great! I really hope you do add a lot of more information about this planet because I am very intruiged. As of right now this is already awesomesauce to me because I either like things super light, cute, and friendly or dark, evil, and demented. Keep working hard!

9. Scruffy

I have a suggestion, since they are related to shadows maybe they could have sword and bullet resistance but weak against weapons that emit a powerful source of light (lasers etc)

10. TenaciousTinkerer

TenaciousTinkerer Cosmic Narwhal

Oh this is interesting, always the hive mind based form of entity's that always cause the most destruction it seems, looks like quite a nice idea that seems like it could fit quite well in the game.

11. Ghostar

Ghostar Steakeater

I'm hoping to get "Dark corrupted" versions of already existing monsters. Can you imagine a Darkbound Poptop!

12. GardenOfFerne

Thats a great idea! I really think you should go for it! I am really getting excited about this planet. I will be so happy if this is put into the game. I can think of some pretty interesting side quests that could go along with the Darkbound.

13. Scruffy

I would love that idea, even if it doesn't make it into the game it can always be a fantastic mod

14. Unconscious Architect

Unconscious Architect Big Damn Hero

Loving that soundtrack, the whole thing gives off a sort of Metroid Fusion feel, like something is sort of stalking you but the threat chooses to remain indirect. Also, perhaps give the Darkbound some way of removing the light? You probably already have something like that in the works, so I won't make any suggestions. Just think about how tense it would get knowing that at any moment, your one, small bastion of safety could instantly be snuffed out and you fall prey to Eldritch Abominations that sentence you to a Fate Worse Than Death. Robbing you of your humanity while wearing your form as if to mock you.

Axe Garian likes this.
  15. blacksmithgu

blacksmithgu Industrial Terraformer

This sounds like an excellent idea for high difficulty planets. Even better if you can fight the contaminated remains of fallen players.

16. GardenOfFerne

I am loving the new music! It fits perfectly with the Darkbound. Can't wait for more info.

Also I wanted to know who wrote/made the song? Did you create this masterpiece?

17. I don't like it, it lacks oni

Ah, what am I talking about? How can I not like it?

What exactly is the 'red eye'? Is that the core?

18. Ghostar

Ghostar Steakeater

The music was made by "Rambunctiousflan" Also here: Flan's SB Profile

The "Red eye" is it's core yea, some have more cores then others, some have larger cores then others.

19. Unconscious Architect

Unconscious Architect Big Damn Hero

By the way, are these creatures more spectral or physical?

20. RassianAndrew

When you are completely infected, what happens next?