Darkbound: Legacy of the Lucent Update Part 2!

Discussion in 'Planets and Environments' started by Ghostar, Jul 23, 2012.

1. Axe Garian

Axe Garian Oxygen Tank

I wouldn't be surprised if it would be tactical to wait till at least Stage 2 or 3 Beta to start work on the Mod, as hopefully then the plan & foundation for the Game's Code Base will be done.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2014
    WoxandWarf likes this.
  2. Hawk Novablast

Hawk Novablast Black Hole Surfer

This is kind of amazing...

Must add naow.

Also it would be cool if you could reverse engineer the Lucient technology combined with your racial gear to create hybrid weapons/armor with the advancements/power of the Lucients but the aesthetics and such of your race.

3. Kingofstarryskies

Kingofstarryskies Pangalactic Porcupine

So...First off, nice to see this is still going strong.

Second, it was CONFIRMED that Darkbound Novakids are impossible, correct? if so... :(

Axe Garian and beari78 like this.
  4. Seria-Myouna

Seria-Myouna The Last Moderator IRC Operator

Lore-wise, it would be practically inconceivable for the Darkbound spores to integrate themselves successfully with beings made of pure energy. They can't even propagate themselves in indirect sunlight, so how could they possibly take root in a sun-like being directly?

Gameplay-wise, they would be affected the same as any other player character because races are treated as a cosmetic choice for balance reasons.

(Also, this thread really isn't being maintained or developed anymore. I'm just responding because I'm the loremaster of the Darkbound and will answer any questions posed to the best of my ability.)

centor111, Mailboxhead and Axe Garian like this.
  5. Kingofstarryskies

Hm. So gameplay-wise, you're just the really unlucky Novakid who is compatible with the infection.

Cool.

6. centor111

centor111 Cosmic Narwhal

more-so from a lore point of view,you just aint HAWT enough.

7. Kingofstarryskies

Or you're simply too badass.

centor111 likes this.
  8. centor111

centor111 Cosmic Narwhal

HEEEEEEEELLLL YEAAAA

9. Kara G

Kara G Phantasmal Quasar

I love this. It is A LOT of stuff, and I like A LOT of stuff! =-)

10. Soron

Soron Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Can we join darkbound without being infected? As a mercenary or an ally?

11. Star Mc. Bound

Star Mc. Bound Pangalactic Porcupine

I guess you die, continue controlling your guy, or i dunno.

12. Seria-Myouna

Seria-Myouna The Last Moderator IRC Operator

Not really a planned feature for player characters, despite some exceptions having been made in the lore for story purposes.
    According to what was planned, you die and are respawned on your ship and a darkbound facsimile of your character will roam around the planet until killed.

Star Mc. Bound and Axe Garian like this.
  13. Vinzan

Vinzan Void-Bound Voyager

Are the Darkbounds based of the X parasites from Metroid Fusion? Or maybe the Ing from Metroid Prime Echoes? I can see elements from both races in them

S.A.A. likes this.
  14. Mr. Mistah

Mr. Mistah Phantasmal Quasar

I believe it would be both. The Ing and X parasites both have the ability to take over bodies and they both want to spread like a glalactic virus. However the X parasites are mindless creatures (unless they absorb someone and their intelligence) while the Ing have more of a hive mind.

15. Crystan

Crystan Maverick Hunter

[​IMG]
    Diablo 2 Necromancer approves this act of necroposting. Everyone else... probably not. :p

16. Mr. Mistah

Mr. Mistah Phantasmal Quasar

Psh watevs, I still think this idea is awesome, it deserves the right to stay alive!

17. Ominethious

Ominethious Supernova

Meh.. Its been 'round since pre-beta days. Before what we expected Starbound to become, now.

18. darkqueen

darkqueen Scruffy Nerf-Herder

is this still a thing i really want it to be

19. Devintrainer

Devintrainer Void-Bound Voyager

Some images are down. And this is a bump; but this is meaningful.

20. Crystan

Crystan Maverick Hunter

Sorry but theres no chance any of these images will be restored. The team scattered long ago and the mod have been dead for a very very very long time.