Deadbeat Journal 1

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by Kluex Avatar, May 31, 2017.

1. Kluex Avatar

Kluex Avatar Star Wrangler

I was in my house when it happened. There was a huge flash, and a massive spark appeared from the sky. It looked as hot as the stars themselves, and the city, and everything else for that matter, was scorched. The temperature rose to something in the thousands, and then suddenly dropped to only around 110. The world was obliterated. Now, civilization was shattered, and it was every Human or off-world species for themselves. They call us "Deadbeats."
    I can't think of a more fitting name.

A bit of context: This is my attempt at a Deadbeat Codex for Starbound. A solar flare struck, and the world was transferred into ta scorched world. More info: http://starbounder.org/Decayed

it's been about one week. The star our planet orbits around is growing, and the temperature rises slowly. I've noticed that some of the world, mostly mountain ranges, are exploding into volcanoes. Bizarre creatures pour from these sites. Deer-like creatures, Dogs that breathe fire, Crabcanoes and other oddities. We dig deeper and deeper everyday to avoid them. Our bunker keeps going deeper, as these... THINGS are always on our tail. Some choose to remain on the surface, mainly thugs and bruisers, and this slows our progress.

Each passing day the conditions get worse and worse. The thugs and bruisers push us farther and farther down. They raid our supplies, Pulling wires out of utility boxes, destroying monitors to get what they need. We locked the doors and dug to a much lower level, and have started putting traps and obstacles to block the raiders. We've sent out Scandroids to bring us more data. It's worse than we thought.

Hey! Yeah, you! It is come to my attention that people are really liking this series. Well, I made a thing to go along with it that's not getting much attention. If you like this, you should take a look at the bunker I made to go with it. Don't be shy; tell me what you think!

Here is the link: http://community.playstarbound.com/threads/deadbeat-bunker-dungeon.133463/#post-3168632

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2017
    Flirtyfloran and Waffle-Chan like this.
  2. Tlactl

Tlactl Cosmic Narwhal

This is pretty cool, I can't wait to read more! I made a doodle of a decayed world a few days ago
    decayed.png

3. Kluex Avatar

That looks awesome! (Tlactl)

4. Waffle-Chan

Waffle-Chan Guest

That's actually really good

5. Kluex Avatar

Thanks! Also, I've made a dungeon to go along with this and it's not getting much attention, so could you help out and take a look?

Waffle-Chan likes this.
  6. Waffle-Chan

Waffle-Chan Guest

No problem :3

7. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

First of all, I already informed you that the Social subforum is not used for Starbound-related threads. Please stop posting Starbound fanfiction there.

Secondly, I've merged your threads, since you don't need three separate threads for three story snippets. Please keep them to one centralized thread for the sake of convenience

And thirdly, please don't double-post. Use the edit button to expand posts instead of stacking multiple ones back-to-back.

8. Kluex Avatar

Jonesy, sorry... I've been accidentally pressing the back button and somehow re-posting my stuff. Also, I didn't know how to do that. I'll move my stuff there, sorry for the trouble.

9. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

You don't need to move your works. I've already moved it, as I said before.

10. Kluex Avatar

Ok, thanks, Jonesy!

11. Flirtyfloran

Flirtyfloran Starship Captain

I really like this journal entry. It has a really character and charm to It. It adds a lot more depth to the whole deadbeat race.