Derelict Ships and Other Lost Tech

Discussion in 'Side Quests' started by kinnyth, Jul 26, 2016.

1. kinnyth

kinnyth Scruffy Nerf-Herder

To start this off Ive played though the story and have owned Starbound for quite awhile, Im unsure of how long but I believe for 2 or more years. I love this game, I bought it after noticing how much more it offered than Terraria. Dont get me wrong I love Terraria but its missing something I cant put my finger on. Well to get on with it and stop my rambling Ive thought of a cool way to add some end-game entertainment.

You receive word of a derelict ship orbiting a dying sun, when you find it S.A.I.L. informs you there are no life sign reading coming from the ship save 1 very strange signal that may or may not be life. When you board the ship its close to total shutdown, warning lights going off and visual displays of some leak. As you pass through doors you discover skeletons or bone blocks in the next room piled unceremoniously into center of the room. The door to the next room seems to be replaced with webbing/skin/slime/etc. so you shoot or slice through it into the flight deck. Here you discover a being that is either sleeping or metamorphosing into something. A short cut scene shows you walk a couple steps then suddenly it busts open throwing you to the floor, the lights go out and you pass out. You awake to S.A.I.L. stating youve been out for two hours and the ship is in critical condition. You run out as a timer is displayed showing you have so much time to make it back out. After returning to your ship, S.A.I.L. tells you if your interested in finding out some answers there is scientist studying these ancient ships.

What this add-on or DLC could add is.

1.) Derelict Ships (Ancient or Otherwise)
    2.)Shipyard where you could sell scavenged ships you claimed.
    3.)You could find ancient weapons and tech for yourself and your ship.
    4.)A story line of some ancient species that can survive in outer space for long period of time in space.
    5.)Dying suns that add a time limit to the solar system with rare resources.
    6.)Black holes that add some strange elements to a solar system.
    7.)Wormholes that can be something of a gate to the ancient species world/solar system or even a new galaxy (but thats maybe going a little far lol).
    8.)Maybe the ships or other debris is hidden in more solar systems than was originally realized and you get some sort of scanner that would reveal them even in previously found systems.

What do you think and what else would you add to it?

Luna Celestica likes this.
  2. kinnyth

kinnyth Scruffy Nerf-Herder