Modding Help Do's and Don'ts of reporting issues with SMAPI mods

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Entoarox, Oct 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

2. Mloking

Mloking Void-Bound Voyager

@Pathoschild Thank-you for the help! Seems that it's working now. ^ ^

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Your anti-virus is seemingly seeing it as a virus, did you download SMAPI from https://github.com/Pathoschild/SMAPI/releases ? Cause if you did, then it is trustworthy and your AV is just badly written.....

• ReyFairchild

ReyFairchild Space Hobo

• rebinsho

rebinsho Space Hobo

Hi, my problem is that "StardewModdingAPI.exe" crashes the moment i launch it. I used the install.exe for installing Smapi.1.15.1, downloaded at "https://github.com/Pathoschild/SMAPI/releases"

Game version is 2.3.0.5
        Smapi version is 1.15.1

When i launch i get this error

Attached Files:

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Re-download SMAPI, it looks like you somehow got a corrupted version.
          Make sure to download it *only* at https://github.com/Pathoschild/SMAPI/releases

Edit: Also, based on the error, I also believe that the SDV version you installed it on is possibly wrong, since the only `1.05` I can think of is SDV 1.05

• Karmylla

Karmylla Space Kumquat

Hey guys, I got a crash when trying to save the game, don't know exactly what caused it.
            Hopefully someone can help me!

Attached Files:

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@Karmylla Based on the timing, it seems to be a problem with SpaceCore. You can report it on the SpaceCore mod page; don't forget to link to your post here so the author can get the log. :)

Karmylla likes this.
              • gochii

gochii Space Hobo

Hi, I installed a mod and played before without a problem. I got an error before once (I didn't save the log) but solved by installing Microsoft XNA? And the next day I started the game, it crashed and received this error log. Any idea?

Attached Files:

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

This error is happening in SDV itself, I suggest re-installing it, since obviously something went wrong.

• BossMan764

BossMan764 Space Hobo

Hey everyone, I was wondering if I might be able to get some help with the issue I am currently having. So, I had SMAPI installed and had several mods installed and the game and mods had been running perfectly! This past weekend I remembered I did not run a scan over my computer in a while so I decided to do that. I attempted to play Stardew tonight for the first time since I had run the scan and SMAPI wouldn't load any of my mods. The game would run and I would be able to load my save, but if I tried to exit out of the game, the game would freeze the computer causing me to force quit the game.

So, I think my issue was that when I had run the scan on my computer using Norton, the scan deleted some SMAPI files and all my mod files. Before I had come to that conclusion, I had attempted to uninstall SMAPI by deleting the file as I did not know that the SMAPI installer allowed for an uninstall process.

So, now I think I got myself in real pickle. I was able to get Norton to allow all the SMAPI files to download and run, but I am encountering an issue that when I try to either install or uninstall SMAPI via the "black screen" of SMAPI, for lack of proper terminology, SMAPI crashes and I get the point of the image posted below.

With all of that in mind, could I get any help on how to solve this issue? I love Stardew Valley, but as soon as I modded it, the enjoyment of the game increased so much for me. I really appreciate anyone's help!

Attached Files:

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Try the following steps:
                      1. Run the installer as Administrator
                      2. Manually delete the Mods folder
                      3. Restart windows and try the installer again
                      4. Repeat steps 1 and 2 after restarting if needed

• julikaiba

julikaiba Intergalactic Tourist

Hi,
                        a few days ago my game crashed whenever I got to bed in my normal savegame on the 5th of Fall in Year 3, I figured it had to be a mod so i loaded a backup of my savegame reinstalled the mod I, and everything was fine untill i got to the 5th of fall again. it still crashed every time I went to bed. I solve it by skipping the night from 5th to 6th of fall using smapi. Now it's the 12th of fall and it happens again.
                        I have the feeling, that it could happen more often from now on and as it only crashes when sleeping I don't know if I need to skip that day beforehand and loose a lot progress everytime I crash.
                        It also crashes when I run the game without smapi.

I hope someone can fix this for me, thanks in advance.

Attached Files:

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

There is no initial error being shown here, and due to what the repeating error is, the most likely culprit is a faulty xnb mod.

• julikaiba

julikaiba Intergalactic Tourist

It was, thank you very much for the quick help.

• anmol_am

anmol_am Big Damn Hero

Hi everyone,
                              Recently got back into playing Stardew Valley. I was trying to play with the mods and when I got into the game I could use most of the mods but some weren't working. When i try to press the hotkey for the mod 'CJB Item spawner' I get nothing and in the console I get text in red. Also when i go to Pierre's General Store and "click on him" the store list opens but I cannot select anything, Ithink this could be because of the 'Even more crops mod'. I want to run all these mods and hope someone can help me fix this. I hope this is somewhat descriptive. Please let me know if anyone can help.

Thank You

Attached Files:

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

You are correct, Even more crops mod is outdated, use the unofficial update: https://community.playstarbound.com/threads/more-crops-unofficial-continuation.129349/

anmol_am and Flumme like this.
                                • anmol_am

anmol_am Big Damn Hero

T
                                  Thank you for the quick response. I did what was stated above and am running into problem's with the 'CJB Item Spawner' mod; when I press the hotkey there is no response but errors on the console. Does 'CJB Item Spawner' not work with 'More Crops, Unofficial Continuation'? Or am i doing something wrong? Please let me know if you can help with this.
                                  Thank you

Attached Files:

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

You still have a outdated objectinformation.xnb file....

anmol_am likes this.
                                    • anmol_am

anmol_am Big Damn Hero

I am an idiot and do not have eyes :rofl:. I was using the wrong files :wut:. But thank you so much for your help and sorry for wasting your time...

Thread Status:
                                      Not open for further replies.