1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated Dye Mod 2.1 (Enraged Koala)

Change the color of almost anything! (Previously Dyeing Bucket)

1. Omekk

Omekk Pangalactic Porcupine

Lol. It's still nice to have something for temporary. :p He never said it was coming soon, I believe he had been working on an update for Upbeat Giraffe too.

2. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

Except where he kinda said that in modding IRC.

3. Omekk

Omekk Pangalactic Porcupine

...Dude, I was trying to be helpful. Knock it off. It's not like this thread is connected to the modding irc.

hennalang, NeuRazgriz and Marxon like this.
  4. Vegetable Lamb

Vegetable Lamb Existential Complex

I'm hoping we get clothing dye soon as a well as item dye. :up:

NeuRazgriz likes this.
  5. lvl1337n00b

lvl1337n00b Void-Bound Voyager

Ability to dye things should be worked into the game already. Wasn't that talked about some time ago?

6. Marxon

Marxon Supernova

It's sad that this has to be a mod still, but it makes me happy that it's well done.

lvl1337n00b likes this.
  7. lvl1337n00b

lvl1337n00b Void-Bound Voyager

Question though; Does it still work right now? I know Starbound just updated again.

8. Mackinz

...no, it does not work now because it hasn't been updated to Pleased Giraffe yet. MrMrMagical is working on an update which should be compatible with Pleased Giraffe but he hasn't released it yet.

lvl1337n00b likes this.
  9. mastercookie

mastercookie Existential Complex

10. Oberic

Oberic Spaceman Spiff

A version I downloaded in here is still working in pleased giraffe, but red, blue and yellow dyes aren't craftable (pretty easy to mod them to be craftable via dyemod's player.config.patch file), rendering much of the mod useless.
    So I modded it locally. The mod still functions perfectly. Disordered colors don't bother me, you should see my storage.

lvl1337n00b likes this.
  11. Silverforte

Silverforte Spaceman Spiff

Really looking forward to an update of this.

12. Shadowblitz16

Shadowblitz16 Pangalactic Porcupine

are you going to support weapon dyeing like guns and swords?
    Edit 2 more things
    1. can you organize the colors so the dye station is easier to read?
    2. can you add light and dark colors for each color?

Last edited: Sep 17, 2015
    mastercookie likes this.
  13. kidthig

kidthig Void-Bound Voyager

please fix every time I download it wont let me start the game it comes up error all the time

14. Mackinz

...that's because the mod has not been updated in over a year and is incompatible with the game as a result. It's even in the "Outdated Mods" section. Did you look before you downloaded it?

15. kidthig

kidthig Void-Bound Voyager

when would it be updated I want to use this mod so badly

16. Mackinz

When MrMagical is done with it. Until then, don't use this mod. And definitely do not use any mod from the "Outdated Mods" section and complain when they do not work.

17. Oberic

Oberic Spaceman Spiff

That furniture-dyeing feature looks great! I eagerly await an update. :)

Somewhere a page or two back is an updated download.
    It worked for me, but red, blue, and yellow dye recipes are not accesible by default in vanilla, nor in this mod.

So here's a modified version of that fan-update, but this one re-adds vanilla's R+B+Y dyes.
    It's compatible with the latest version of Starbound, but the dye color order is messed up.
    DyeMod.zip

I'd rather be using an official version, but this should work for now.

Attached Files:

18. Aleck Marq.

Aleck Marq. Void-Bound Voyager

I was almost dying to wait the new update. Good that I decided to check the discussions! Thanks to you and the other ones who made the original fan-version :3

19. Vladimier

Vladimier Scruffy Nerf-Herder

just realized a dye mod exists , then realized its outdated, then realized it will soon be updated. I look forward to it :p

20. Oberic

Oberic Spaceman Spiff

The file I posted two comments before yours works on current stable, as well as adds the basic color dyes back into the crafting list.

Vladimier likes this.