RELEASED Easier Fishing (Standalone) (1.4 BETA + 1.5) 1.5a

Easier Fishing Standalone

1. luckyhunter

luckyhunter Space Hobo

UPDATE: I figured it out!

I was naming the file "Fish.xnb" when you just need to name it "Fish", because the xnb is already included in the file.

Thank you for the help @Xylia

• Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Hmmm, yes I suppose @foghorn 's method works.

Stupid windows extensions anyways. I was trying to avoid changing options and junk like that. that's weird command line didn't work.

EDIT: Glad to hear you figured it out.

foghorn likes this.
      • foghorn

foghorn Pangalactic Porcupine

Microsoft's reason for hiding it behind a wall of option menus was to keep people from accidentally changing/removing their file extensions.
        Doesn't work too well, as you can see :D

• Sanhud

Sanhud Void-Bound Voyager

Thank you SO much Xylia for this mod, it works like a dream, now I can fish again, I really am grateful, and so will my sister be when I tell her, we just can't do the fishing with our elderly fingers, once again a great big THANK YOU.

I unzipped the file, went to data and cut the fish xnb and pasted it out to desktop, then copied the mod fish.xnb, and pasted it in to data, I always do it like that.

• Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

no problem at all! glad it works out for you!

• pikachu594

pikachu594 Void-Bound Voyager

i have a problem im using the modded version of stardew valley and i put super easy fishing in there and play the game i go fishing AND NOTHING CHANGED help?!?!?!?

• Sytrilix

Sytrilix Master Chief

AFAIK the fish stay near the bottom which makes it a lot easier since you barely have to move anything or at least it works that way for me when using this with mods.

• Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

@pikachu594 : Did you follow the directions?

1). Rename fish.xnb to something else (fish_backup.xnb or something similar)
                  2). Grab the file you want (easier_Fish.xnb or super_easier_Fish.xnb) and place it in the specified folder.
                  3). Rename the file you just moved to Fish.xnb. (WARNING: You should turn off file extension hiding in Windows because it might rename it to Fish.xnb.xnb)
                  4). Boot game up and try fishing.

Step #3 is probably what you're missing (and Step #1). If you boot the game up and fishing is unchanged, that means you did not back up the original file and you didn't rename the new file to replace the original so the game is still loading the original file.

If the game crashes upon trying to catch a fish, then you have a Fish.xnb.xnb situation which is discussed earlier in this thread IIRC.

• pikachu594

pikachu594 Void-Bound Voyager

Thank you so much you are quite kind to awnser me thank you!!!

• kikuras

kikuras Space Hobo

Hi, I'm very interested in installing this mod, but I have a question of will it disable achievements on steam?
                      I'm new to adding mods to this game.

• Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

It does not disable achievements, I can verify that I have the "catch all fish" achievement, and I used this mod prior to getting the achievement.

• kikuras

kikuras Space Hobo

Thanks so much for replying and for this mod! Fishing has just been way to hard in this game and have missed multiple fish requests from the bulletin board, so here is hoping this makes it easier.

• Sotnem

Sotnem Space Hobo

Hello,
                            Just wanted to thank you all... the fishing part has been bothering me aswel but i was able to install the no clicking mod by margotbean. Thanks for your help! Cheers

margotbean likes this.
                            • MbahGondrong

MbahGondrong Seal Broken

Thanks for this, helped me a lot. :)

• margotbean

margotbean Existential Complex

And here I thought no one even noticed my contribution! You're quite welcome!

• lyscir

lyscir Subatomic Cosmonaut

Since this is the most updated fishing mod that I can find for 1.11, Is there an opinion for medium fishing difficulty? (I remember the one i used to use had a setting between easier and vanilla difficulty.)

• springacres

springacres Phantasmal Quasar

This happened while I was fishing over bubbles in the ocean, and my screen went blank. I also have Instant Fishing installed, but have fished on multiple occasions with both mods installed without an error. Any ideas what's going on?

Attached Files:

• Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Considering that this mod only changes numbers in an .xnb file that was present with the game upon its vanilla release, I highly doubt it is the cause of your error.

I don't really know anything about Stardew Valley's error reporting system (I only know how to unpack, modify, and repack .xnb files), but I can tell you with 99.9% certainty that this mod was not the cause.

I literally ONLY changed variables in the xnb... they look something like this:

#50/Fishnamehere/xx/yy/zz

where xx, yy, zz are stuff like difficulty, sell price, etc.

Changing one of these numbers isn't going to crash the game unless you go out of bounds, but since I LOWERED the difficulty, this is obviously not going to happen.

I would instead go to SMAPI (I assume you need SMAPI for instant fishing?) and/or the instant fishing mods' creators and see if they can find out what's wrong.

• springacres

springacres Phantasmal Quasar

Yeah, it seemed like it might just be the Instant Fishing mod and not yours (I don't know how to change XNB files, but the only time I've ever had an XNB mod break a game by itself was when I installed it in the wrong folder) but it's weird that I've used that mod almost since I started playing and have never had that happen before.

Anyway, thanks for your input!

• AmyRachaelNapier

AmyRachaelNapier Void-Bound Voyager

Hey, this was working perfectly for me but now it's not working at all? I'm on Mac and was using super_easier_fish, it was great because I have a disability so I find fishing hard.

Any ideas why it's stopped working?

(Also, I was wondering if there's a version to make Treasure always appear at the bottom of the bar too? So that I don't miss out on Treasure-exclusive artifacts.)