Modding Help Editing dialogue, question about portraits

Discussion in 'Mods' started by LuthienNightwolf, Apr 29, 2017.

1. LuthienNightwolf

LuthienNightwolf Oxygen Tank

I'm currently making some small edits to Sebastian's dialogue but I'm not entirely sure what some of the coding means. I think some of it tells the game which portrait to use, I'll see something like this at the end of a sentence:

#$s#

#$e#

#$1#

etc...

Do those letters in the middle coordinate with a specific frame in the portrait file and if so, is there a guide somewhere that tells which is which? I just want to make sure he's making the right face for each dialogue, like, if he says something nice I don't want him to be making an angry face. lol I haven't messed with any of these because I don't want to screw something up, I've only changed the dialogue itself.

• MysticTempest

MysticTempest Spaceman Spiff

For a guide, I'd really recommend Alpha_Omegasis' - "Stardew Valley Modding Guide": http://community.playstarbound.com/threads/modding-guide-feed-back-help-thread.107390/

It's the 2nd link on his post. It covers a lot of topics, but section 3 talks about NPC dialogue editing. And, has a pretty decent explanation covering what you're asking.

LuthienNightwolf likes this.
      • LuthienNightwolf

LuthienNightwolf Oxygen Tank