1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Elithian Races Mod - A Starbound Expansion 2.3.10

A Starbound expansion mod which adds multiple new races and additional content

1. DinoExplorer2000

DinoExplorer2000 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

is it a bow from sealed cache's?
    and what is the id on the centensian taht places ruins everywhere, i wanna see if i can spawn blocks to build with (and cache to get more stuff, especially bows, i love bows)

and where did you get the voice of rhadeis and corruptorsbow? i wanna try them please

Last edited: Apr 20, 2017
  2. Aegonian

Aegonian Weight of the Sky

The Corruptor's Bow is actually a linerifle, a violated version of the Terveleader's Bow. The Corruptor's Bow can currently only be obtained by spawning it in using commands, as it is planned as a quest reward for the future. If you'd like to try it out now (it is fully functional already), go into admin mode, then spawn the weapon using "/spawnitem avikan-corruptorsbow". The Voice of Rhadeis can be found in Sealed Caches, or bought from the Mysterious Merchant in the Starfarer's Refuge (he sells two Unique weapons every day, with his inventory changing every 24 hours).

If you really enjoy bows, you might also want to take a look at the Vhalakin Bow (avikan-vhalakinbow). It can be obtained from Sealed Caches too, and is a one-of-a-kind linebow, a mixture between a regular bow and a linerifle.

As for the Centensian ruins, are you asking for the ID of the dungeon, or the tiles found inside them? The dungeon itself is "centensencounter", while the tiles you find inside are called "centensblockpanel", "centensgroundpanel", "centenshoripanel", "centensreinforcement", "centenssmoothpanel" and "centensvertpanel".

3. DinoExplorer2000

i have tried the vhalakin bow, its amazing! but it seems like the gravity of the bolts/Arrows/charge bolts increases when i move the camera

and about the centensian, i just wanted to get caches to chech out their weapons
    i hope the cetensians will be added as an npc and player. and more weapons, like a cetensian FIRE BOW! or a FIRE LONGBOW! omg the rhakori longbow is the best weapon i have ever used

and before i forget...

THANKS FOR THIS AWESOME MOD! I LOVE IT

Last edited: Apr 20, 2017
  4. Resonat

Resonat Subatomic Cosmonaut

The Vhalakin bow projectiles are actually seeking projectiles. :3

Aegonian and Gearzoid II like this.
  5. DinoExplorer2000

WOW i didnt know that!
    thats awesome!

6. Wartavian

Wartavian Pangalactic Porcupine

The airstrike designation marker. When it charges fully, rockets just start falling from the sky out of nowhere.
    Ummm... Any way to make a background .png of the ship flying by and firing the rockets? Just a nitpick, sorry ;3;
    Also, the Gatling gun. Is there any any chance of you making some unique weapons based on it?

Gearzoid II likes this.
  7. Wartavian

Ermurgurd. So that's its use. I see now....

8. LegendXCarisso

LegendXCarisso Pangalactic Porcupine

Curious. Question for Aegonian.

Any thoughts or ideas when we'll see a new race/races for the Elithian Alliance?

9. Aegonian

I doubt I'd be able to make a ship fly-by look good, unfortunately. I could probably create a ship or aircraft .png that simply flies over when you fire the airstrike, but like the rockets, it'll have issues with collision and such when used underground or near a mountain. I personally would have preferred for the missiles to appear far higher than they do currently (so they don't just appear out of thin air), but if you play with medium zoom, this was as high as I could spawn them (any higher and they'd be spawned in an unloaded chunk, meaning the missiles never appear).

As for a gatling-style weapon, the Avikan actually have a non-Unique minigun already which looks a lot like a gatling gun!

Don't really have an ETA on the new races yet, but I am already working on weapons and equipment for the Aegi (most of the Alliance races will use their equipment) and Theleans. The body sprites for the Aegi, Notix and Theleans are also in the works, but it's still too early to tell when they'll be ready.

LegendXCarisso likes this.
  10. Wartavian

Aw, that sucks. At least a .png would work, though.
    As for the Gatling gun, that's what I'm saying. There's no unique weapons of it.

11. DinoExplorer2000

i REALLY wanna see the theleans, parasites and corruptors, omg they must be SO GOOD,

and when you got a skins or pictures of the new races, can you please send out screenshots and pictures? that would be really cool, and we might be able to think of color/theme/skin ideas, or maybe find glitches or bugs?

12. LegendXCarisso

LegendXCarisso Pangalactic Porcupine

Oh, awesome! Can't wait to see the new races eventually then. :3

13. Aegonian

I'll see if I can think of a good unique perk for a Gatling-style Unique weapon. There already is a weapon which fires faster the longer it is fired (the Jumpfire Protocol), so perhaps I could work something like that into a new weapon too.

I'll make sure to post some early screenshots or artwork once I'm satisfied with what I have! I'm already working on designing a multitude of new weapons for both the Theleans and the Alliance: I could show a sneak-peek of some of these soon, if you'd like!

Gearzoid II likes this.
  14. Gearzoid II

Gearzoid II Big Damn Hero

I would love to see spoilers of the weapons!

15. DinoExplorer2000

I WANNA SEE SPOILERS!

Gearzoid II likes this.
  16. ChangelingRain

ChangelingRain Phantasmal Quasar

Point of frustration; I don't like the Trinkian Rooftop/Underside Entries having the background block thing, because it means I can't use my own blocks/style for it.

Also, platforms render UNDER that background, so they're effectively invisible:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

17. DinoExplorer2000

18. Aegonian

These objects were provided by a community member, and while I did touch up the sprites a little to improve compatibility with other Trinkian roof objects, I didn't really consider issues like these. I'll see if I can add variants which don't have the background built into them (changing the existing objects might mess up builds created by other people so far).

ChangelingRain likes this.
  19. hystercia

hystercia Void-Bound Voyager

Unfortunately I'm experiencing some game crashes with this mod. Seemed to be an issue with unnamed assets? Although I have no modding experience, so I have no idea if this is the issue or not.
    Here's my log.

Attached Files:

20. Aegonian

Is this the full log? Strangely enough, it shows no errors and instead seems to suggest that the game was launched, then quit before any character was loaded:
    Code:
    [18:02:51.852] [Info] Application: quit requested
    [18:02:51.852] [Info] Application: quitting...
    [18:02:51.852] [Info] Application: shutdown...
    [18:02:52.035] [Info] Root: Shutting down Root
    [18:02:52.649] [Info] Application: Destroying SDL Window
    [18:02:52.757] [Info] Application: stopped gracefully
    When you encounter a crash, what is the last thing you did or tried in the game? Make sure you grab the log file immediately after the crash happened, or it won't show in the log.