1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Elithian Races Mod - A Starbound Expansion 2.3.10

A Starbound expansion mod which adds multiple new races and additional content

1. NaturesWitness

NaturesWitness Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Cool thanks. I was worried I might have to scrap the character, which would stink. By the way, the avikan tent pole blocks don't seem to properly mesh with their related canvas blocks, there's a visible line on either side of them.
    One question, is there a list anywhere of all the various quests in the mod?

2. Aegonian

Aegonian Weight of the Sky

Yeah, that's an unfortunate side effect of the way tent pole blocks work. They are separate types of blocks, so Starbound will generate borders for where the two types of tiles meet. I haven't figured out a way around this yet, unfortunately...

As for the quests, there's a Discussions page over at the Steam Workshop with a list of all quests, but I'll copy them over here for you:
    Restoring The Past - Vanhas (Avikan Seeker in Refuge observatory)
    You'll need to be an Avikan for this quest to show up, and you must complete the Glitch mission as well. Bring your Broken Spear for the quest to show up.

The Legion's Blade
    For Droden only. Take your Broken Longsword to Ayurin, the weapon smith, in the Starfarer's Refuge for this quest to show up. You'll need to have finished the Glitch mission before being able to access this quest.

Prime Circuit
    For Trinkian characters only. Take your Broken Prod to any Trinkian settlement for this quest to show up (quest giver is the large central console in large buildings). You'll need to have finished the Glitch mission before being able to access this quest.

Bone Ballistics - Makhan (bone warrior in Refuge, Starsight Inn area)
    Bring a Hunter's Bow for the quest to show up.

Metal Ballistics - Ayurin (weaponsmith)
    Complete Bone Ballistics and bring a Bone Crossbow with you for the quest to show up.

Explosive Firepower
    Kill an Elite Drahl unit (random encounter) and pick up the Broken Missile Pod it drops in order to start the quest.

The Starfarer's Refuge - Azana (virtual guide in the Refuge)
    Head to the Starfarer's Refuge, this quest will be visible on arrival.

A Starfarer's Request - Nenehki (Avikan Starfarer)
    Found in the Refuge's entrance area. Available immediately.

Keffrider - Vethuri (Avikan Keffrider)
    Head to the Refuge's garage/docking area. The quest is available immediately.

Lost in the Pipeline - Arthan (Avikan welder)
    Head to the Refuge's docking area. The quest is available immediately.

Stuck on a Rock - Yahran (Avikan astronaut)
    Head to the Starfarer's Refuge, and venture into the asteroid field on the left. You'll need a jump tech, grappling hook or other traversal item to reach this NPC. The quest is available immediately.

A Special Gift I - Nenehki (Avikan Starfarer)
    Defeat the Ruin to unlock this quest. It auto-completes when accepted, and grants you the new Bow of the Elithian Unique weapon.

A Special Gift II - Nenehki (Avikan Starfarer)
    Defeat the Ruin and complete 'A Special Gift I' to unlock this quest. It auto-completes when accepted, and grants you the new Bow of the Elithian Unique weapon.

Stopping the Corruption - Rokhan (Vanguard Recruiter)
    Visit the Vanguard recruiter Rokhan in the Starfarer's Refuge. He will send you on a quest to defeat a Violated Elite Drahl. It can be a rather challenging fight, so come prepared!

Harnessing the Corruption
    Defeat the Violated Elite Drahl in the new 'Stopping the Corruption' quest and pick up the Violated Ion Core it drops. The questline will automatically be started upon picking up the item.

Vanguard Mech Parts - Rehkon (Avikan Mech Operator)
    Once you've unlocked your own modular mech, visit the docking bay in the Starfarer's Refuge. Rehkon has a new quest for you, which will award you with new parts for your mech.

Linerifles in Space - Rehkon (Avikan Mech Operator)
    Complete 'Vanguard Mech Parts' and the vanilla 'Advanced Test Drive' quest in order to unlock this quest. Visit Rehkon again for a new quest that will award you with a new weapon for your mech.

3. Efrim

Efrim Pangalactic Porcupine

Hey Aegonian; I adore the mod. Would you be willing to give me a hint for looking for Theleans or Violated Droden? At least a planet type or something. The quest doesn't give any hints; and I don't want to cheat it at the emporium.

4. DinoExplorer2000

DinoExplorer2000 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

you might meet violated droden as avikan quests.
    and aegonian, before you mentioned a weapon that killed almost anything in a single hit, can i have the item name so i can spawn it?

Aegonian likes this.
  5. Aegonian

As DinoExplorer mentioned, they are sometimes found part of generated quests. I'll be implementing random encounters with Theleans and Violated enemies soon-ish: I had hoped to have them ready before launching the 1.3 compatibility update, but I didn't have time to add them yet...

Sure thing! The ID for that weapon is, quite appropriately, "thea-instakillgun". The tooltip will show a far higher damage per shot then it actually has though, as it seems the damage cap is set at 1000 in most cases.

6. DinoExplorer2000

DinoExplorer2000 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

7. Aegonian

Aegonian updated Elithian Races Mod - A Starbound Expansion with a new update entry:

v2.2.1 - Hotfix

Read the rest of this update entry...

8. Ancev Caine

Ancev Caine Existential Complex

I probably should have mentioned this a few versions ago (actually I may have already, unsure), but word of advice to all users: never use Avikan hunting weapons on the Mama Poptop on the starting planet, you'll lose the extra loot from them.

9. Aegonian

Good find, that's an oversight of mine! I'll fix this in the next update!

10. Ancev Caine

I actually noticed this back before 1.3 but it never occurred to me to report it previously.

Edit: I seem to be once again unable to craft the Meat Chunk. Not sure why, suspect it might be a mod compatibility issue with Yes Chef but removing that mod didn't fix the problem.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2017
  11. Arra

Arra The End of Time

Hey! Aegonian! I have a lore question for you, if you don't mind!

12. NaturesWitness

NaturesWitness Scruffy Nerf-Herder

A small suggestion, would it be possible to have avikan glass hull blocks? I'd love to be able to have some slanted windows in my bases. And actually, trinkian glass blocks would be cool too.

13. Aegonian

Ask away! If you'd like, you can also join the Elithian Alliance Discord server, which has a channel specifically designed for lore discussions.

A sloped version of the Avikan glass block is a great idea, I'll implement that soon! I'll also add Trinkian glass blocks to the list: I hadn't added them before as the Trink don't generally use windows, but they would allow greater freedom in personal builds (and aren't much work to implement at all).

Arra likes this.
  14. Bucketsmith

Bucketsmith Aquatic Astronaut

@Aegonian I gotta say, I'm super impressed with your work and am really loving all the content. Is it just you or do you have a team or contributors?
    It's my first time playing with Frackin' Universe and the Elithian Races mod and I'm absolutely enjoying all the new stuff to explore! :)

I like the large cargo door, though I'd have preferred it to be slanted as that would seem to fit the style of the ship more. Would you consider that?
    Also, is there a crafting recipe for the large cargo door? Could you tell me the item name so I could spawn one?
    I'd love to build a little airlock that houses my vehicle station and extra keffs. (And any other Avikan decorative vehicles that I might find!)

15. Arra

Arra The End of Time

Ooooh...nice, a discord server, That's really tempting to join... But, my question is, what was the Xanafir, when it was a whole?

16. GoldRidley

GoldRidley Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Wonderful mod! I'm really enjoying it so far.

I have a balance suggestion: it seems a little off to me that my fresh characters of other races keep getting Avikan-specific entry-level crafting drops they can't really make use of without getting the spike sphere and 50,000 pixels.
    Meanwhile, the caches readily available for the taking from crates at the refuge and outposts drop tier 6 weaponry.

Wouldn't it be better to gate the crafting content behind, say, a new character friendly quest in the refuge that gives a bit of lore about how the crafts relate to the Avikan's history and ways?

And if those caches are going to drop tier 6 stuff, I don't think they should randomly generate out of what for all intents and purposes are space cardboard boxes in desert alleys, free for any street urchin in rags to pilfer. Too much work has gone into giving this mod's content a nice sense of progression for that to be a good thing.

17. Aegonian

It's just me! Some of the Elithian races were originally created in Spore by other people from the Elithian Alliance roleplay, and there's a few people contributing a lot of good ideas for improvements, new features and new Unique weapons, but all of the content was built by me. That's a big part of the reason why building anything for the mod takes so long, but it does allow me to keep the level of quality consistent throughout the mod.

I'll consider making the cargo door a slanted door (it probably would fit better), though I'm not sure if it'll be possible at this point... I'll have to look into into whether or not it's possible to change this without breaking existing ships. You can't craft the door at the moment, but you can spawn one in using "/spawnitem avikancargodoorbroken". It won't open, but I'll add a functional version to the TO-DO list, I think it could be used in some pretty cool builds, especially now that spacestations are a thing.

Hmm, caches always dropping tier 6 weapons isn't intended behaviour. I'll see if I can fix that, as they were meant to give you gear appropriate for the planet you found them on. There actually used to be a quest for obtaining the Crafting Guides when Starbound was still in Beta, and I'm not sure why I decided to move them to the Drifter's Emporium. I think that was supposed to be a temporary solution (as the old quests were broken by 1.0), but I never got around to re-implementing those quests. I'll try to get them back into the game, as the quests are definitely a better (and more fun) form of progression than the current system.

That's quite a complicated one, actually! Here is the short version: The Xanafir is an object that contains all of the energy of the multiverse. Every universe - which there are many of in the Elithian Alliance lore - is contained within it, but at the same time, it is a physical object that exists in the multiverse, and it can be manipulated with the right tools. In the lore, only the Centens ever managed to achieve such a level of technology, and the Theleans strive to reach that level of technology themselves (which is the short version of why they hunt for Centensian relics).

The Shards of the Xanafir are objects that are directly linked to the Xanafir, and are able to draw from its nearly infinite pool of energy. The Xanafir itself was never broken - that might not even be possible - but the Shards were given their name as they can only draw upon a small portion of the Xanafir's energy. They generally take the form of a crystalline material, and often look like they were broken off a larger piece of crystal, which further explains why they are called Shards.

Shards only allow a finite amount of energy to be drawn from the Xanafir, and only in small amounts of energy at a time, but they can still be extremely powerful and are extensively used in Centensian technology. The Avikan have been able to due the Shards to a limited degree too, as can be seen in the Vha'leihan Spear, but the Avikan never managed to find large amounts of Shards and so have only limited knowledge on how to use them.

Arra, Bucketsmith and Toa_Derax like this.
  18. Ancev Caine

If Trink don't use glass windows, what about some form of "transparent" hologram block?

19. Bucketsmith

Bucketsmith Aquatic Astronaut

I am seriously impressed. There's so much content, and I feel it's all super high quality! And not just graphical content, functional items, quests, it's nice!
    Good job! :D

I think if you make it start from the same spot on the bottom, but go outwards, it could probably follow the background of the hull in it's slant. That way, the door goes outward and creates more inner space, so it should never break existing ships.
    Though, I don't know if simply changing the shipfile will break ships per Starbound's code. If it's beyond where the door will be in the design, then I wouldn't know how to solve that. Might make an update with an optional mod for a slanted door or something? And hten the update after that it could be in completely, so the optional mod is there for people to get their stuff out of their ship to move over. Maybe that's an idea?
    I sure hope it's the former though - that if you make the door go outwards and use the space previously inaccessible, that it will not break any existing ships!

EDIT:
    I've got another request;
    Could you make craftable decorative versions of the mech and shuttle craft?
    And, well, any other such machinery looking things from the Avikans? I love dumping those vehicles in the cargo bay of my ship! :D
    Oh, and, could you make craftable blocks for what is now the ship hull? When I put down that second cargo door it was 4 blocks short of being able to connect with the ceiling. The actual cargo door connects to a lower ceiling. But, I don't have any blocks that look decent to fill up the 2x2 space. It'd be great if I could make a special block type that looks like it's just an extension of the ship hull. :)

EDIT2:
    The Avikan ship doesn't appear to get a bigger cockpit, does it? I thought I saw one of your screenshots show a cool cockpit where someone (I assume you) made a series of ship chairs with consoles as if your crew could actually hop on those and work the ship. :)
    Also, any chance you could make some ship themed bunkbeds? I'd like to provide some bedding for my crew. Like the Lunar bed pod things, but then Avikan themed? :D

EDIT3:
    I realised I'm having an issue with the Avikan meat chunk recipe not dropping. I've got Frackin' Universe installed, I got a different blueprint when I first picked up a raw steak through that, I think.
    I've been trying to guess the name of the blueprint to spawn it, but I can't figure it out.
    Could you perhaps add a purchasable version of the blueprint on Starfarer's Refuge and at those colonies on planets maybe? Or the random Avikan traders?
    Also, could I have the name of that item? :p

EDIT4:
    I hope I'm not becoming a huge bother for you with all these suggestions and edits! :D
    What about an Avikan themed elevator? I'd dig it as a more elegant solution to traversing my ship and possibly bases. :)
    Also, probably not possible, but would it be possible to have some sort of background version of like, pieces of tent or cloth to put in the corners of my ship and in colonist homes in my base?

Last edited: Jun 15, 2017
    DinoExplorer2000 likes this.
  20. GoldRidley

GoldRidley Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Neat! And regarding the caches, I think I obtained the offending ones at the refuge itself, again randomly generated in crates. I can't rule out them coming from the outpost connected to the refuge, though.