1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Elithian Races Mod - A Starbound Expansion 2.3.10

A Starbound expansion mod which adds multiple new races and additional content

1. Toa_Derax

Toa_Derax Pangalactic Porcupine

To add onto this, would a tank cannon be out of the question? Like the Spider Tank in Destiny (Since Avikan have inspirations from the Eliksni, like the Linerifles and such).

2. Aegonian

Aegonian Weight of the Sky

Some solid ideas there! I'll ad them to the list.

I quite like the idea of a tank cannon, actually! Adding it to the list!

3. DinoExplorer2000

DinoExplorer2000 Cosmic Narwhal

Yay! more mech parts!

4. DinoExplorer2000

i just got Blade of the Elithian and Bow of the Elithian when i visited starfarers refuge. cool weapons! i like that you have started adding Things for the other races
    (but i have no idea why that spacefarer gave me to them...)

also got a quest from the mech captain in the hanger, asking me for findind centensian Liquid. (i Call it super erqius cuz its way better fuel). i didnt know you had added avikan mech weapons! awesome!

also, what was the structure ID for centensians?

Last edited: Jun 22, 2017
  5. DinoExplorer2000

6. Aegonian

Yep, I finished updating the mod to 1.3 a few days before the update was released, so I had time to add some Avikan parts! The Starfarer actually gave you those weapons because they were gifts sent to you by an anonymous Aegi (who could that possibly be? :nuruwink:), and that Starfarer would likely be able to get a package delivered to you. That's the in-world explanation, at least. Any future Weapons of the Elithian will likely be given to you by someone in the Alliance outpost I intend to add (those weapons are added every time the mod reaches a new subscriber threshold, so far the Sword was for reaching 10K, and the Bow was for reaching 25K).

The ID for Centensian encounters is "centensencounter".

7. DinoExplorer2000

OOO! and for 30K or 50K (or what Counter you are using) the NeXT thing could be a hammer! or Shield! OR A GIANT LASERCANNON WITH LASERSWORDS AND JETPACK AND DINOSAURS!::!:!:!::

(srry, got a little agitated...)

LASERSWORDS WITH SNIPER AND BAZOOKA AND CANNONS AND LASERS !!!!!!! AND.....

(gonna stop now)

8. DinoExplorer2000

what is the id of the holoballs appearing around cetennan ruins?

9. Ark_4ngel

Ark_4ngel Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Not sure if this can be found out in the codices in game but who are the avikan raiders/outlaws? do they have a centralised force/ organisations or are they just random collection of outcasts?

10. Aegonian

You mean the balls of energy that attack you? Their ID is "xanafianshadow".

There's no codex about it yet, but I plan on adding one later down the line! Those outlaws you came across are Darve'ras, which is a faction of Avikan outlaws, criminals, and black market dealers. The name translates to 'Without (ras) Allegiance (Darve)', and while they are generally seen as a single faction, they don't have a central leadership, and they definitely don't always get along with each other.

11. DinoExplorer2000

like different tribes who trade and sometimes work together, but every tribe wants to be the best, so they might help other Darve'ras, but only if it benefits them.

thats what i think

12. Ancev Caine

Ancev Caine Existential Complex

Be advised DinoExplorer that you can edit previous posts rather than continually making new ones. Multiple posts = pages fill up quicker, new updates and requests can get lost or overlooked.

I like the idea of some sort of spear mech weapon, and I know Aegonian is already working on a Drahl weapon of some kind, but I'm not sure a sword or a... laser bow? Make much sense for the Avikan from a lore and theme perspective. Alternative mech body parts might be neat, though you'd need to balance them carefully and mechs seem to have a lot less options for balance than normal armor. Plus we don't want to flood the parts list... though that gives me an idea. What about a three-tier setup for mech parts, with a new crafting station that lets you customize certain parts? For example you make a hypothetical Vanguard Mk2 body part, then take it to the Avikan Mech Station (located on the Starfarer's Refuge, craftable after you learn the schematic rewarded from a quest, or found on certain Avikan ships/stations/etc.) and combine it with various materials to make a special customized version of that piece with, say, war paint or trophies attached to it.

Aegonian likes this.
  13. DinoExplorer2000

i like that idea! camoflaged vanguard armor With laser cannons!

14. celixon

celixon Scruffy Nerf-Herder

i have just started this mod.... REALLLY loving it so far... but i really wanna know how can i get that mini ship in the Avakin outpost (other name hard to not mis-spell)
    i really like that ship, i wanna use it :D
    also, how do you get drones? i want one for the base i plan on building :D

15. DinoExplorer2000

the small ship you mean i think is skoff. its not driveable yet, but aegonian is working on it.

drones. you can Catch them With capturepods and Place them in pet theters, or you can spawn them With command.

16. Comito

Comito Pangalactic Porcupine

I haven't seen any fanart for these guys. Where might I find it?

17. DinoExplorer2000

if you mean the avikan, so is it because aegonian hasnt released any images of them yet. (at least i think so)

18. Aegonian

There is one official piece of Avikan art, actually. It's the original sketch I drew for them:

[​IMG]

I'm really not that great of an artist, so I've never made any other pieces of art for the Avikan, but their original sketch does show quite a bit of detail on some of their more unique features (such as the hands and legs).

There are also a few Imgur albums I compiled of old Spore creations of Elithian races and planets. The Avikan aren't in there, as they were created some time after I quit Spore, but almost all the other races are in there:
    Elithian Art (Sentient Aliens)
    Elithian Art (Wildlife)
    Elithian Art (Planets)

I havenĀ“t seen much fan art of the Avikan (or the other Elithian races) yet, but I did find these awesome few pieces some time ago:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. Ark_4ngel

Ark_4ngel Scruffy Nerf-Herder

So are they, as was suggested, more like crime families/tribes? I can only imagine the drifter is a face of their black market operations.

On another matter, it might be cool to add a secondary ability to the avikan minigun, maybe a spin up that means you can keep it spinning, reducing/removing the spin up time before firing. Not sure if that would be possible to implement though. Otherwise a really quick concentrated burst fire might be nice, increasing the fire rate massively at the cost of much higher energy cost.

20. Wartavian

Wartavian Pangalactic Porcupine

Unique weapon idea o3o
    Charge weapon that fires a singularity drawing enemies, items, ETC into it.
    Alt fire would either control the singularity slowly, until it explodes and throws entities away around it like a supernova. Pitch of the noise it makes would determine how much energy is left in the nova until it explodes.
    Or, it would explode it manually. I prefer the first suggestion I made, though.
    Preferred name would be Dying Star, but I'll leave everything I said up to you ^^
    EDIT: Also, please make the projectiles of the Vhelins rifle bounce a couple more times... And the burst alt fire bounce at least once? It's been my favourite weapon, I just can't use It in high gravity situations.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2017