1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED EnhancedTemperature 1.3.2 reup

Adds a more complex temperature system to starbound

1. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Iris Blanche submitted a new mod:

EnhancedTemperature - Adds a more complex temperature system to starbound

Read more about this mod...

BogdanZekrom likes this.
  2. Tofu Mc Dog

Tofu Mc Dog Starship Captain

Yay for FU compatibility. Seems like there is no way to not relate to his vision in some way :).

3. Iris Blanche

I'm planning to add some new items that allows the import of already generated planets. When this is finished i start adding the FU compatibility (and other planettypes if requested)

~ Iris ~

4. Lindazana

Lindazana Cosmic Narwhal

Oooh... Been waiting for something like this! Will this override the current gated temp systems, or be in addition to them? (eg, if I bring a ton of fires and warm clothes, could I safely visit a frozen world without the EPP?)

5. Iris Blanche

An EPP is still required. Actual an EPP will slow down the raise of exposure for the type it's protecting by 50%. A Heat EPP will slow down exposure raise for hyperthermia and Cooling EPP will slow down exposure raise for Hyperthermia and Hypothermia (since it grants heat and cold immunity). I didn't want to change the vanilla behaviour too much.

~ Iris ~

6. theogre

theogre Subatomic Cosmonaut

Definatly getting this when the FU patch comes out

7. Iris Blanche

I'll try to release it asap ^-^

~ Iris ~

8. Inf_Wolf14

Inf_Wolf14 Parsec Taste Tester

Ahh... I've been waiting for this... :D

9. SivCorp

SivCorp Parsec Taste Tester

Excellent, color me interested... once the FU compatibility is released ;)

10. aldasar

aldasar Void-Bound Voyager

I wish this got more recognition because it adds a nice balance instead of for example a cold planet, DEAD OR ALIVE. There is survive now.

11. Iris Blanche

So i found a bug which will cause some exposure-jumping at the hypothermia peak value. This will be fixed with the next update. The update will also allow an import function for already existing worlds with "admin-items". The import instructions will be added to the mod description and as a ingame codex (also per command which will be provided). There will also be some balance changes.. I also fixed a wrong chosen word in the quest description (mortal instead of lethal was used ^^' ). This won't apply automatic afterwards but i will provide a step to apply it manual.
    A full changelog will be provided with the update but so you know a bit of that what you have to expect >v<

For the FU users:
    After this patch i start working on the FU compatibility patch. I wanted to have the world import ready before creating the FU patch so that you can experience the mod also on your previously visited planets ;) However...it will take a while to determine all heat/hybrid sources in FU and find the right biome temperatures. So don't expect it too soon in the next days.

~ Iris ~

SivCorp and Inf_Wolf14 like this.
  12. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche updated EnhancedTemperature with a new update entry:

The import update

Read the rest of this update entry...

13. Iris Blanche

14. Iris Blanche

15. greenRAM

greenRAM Giant Laser Beams

Is this based at all on The | Suit's work? http://community.playstarbound.com/resources/temperature-returns.2475/

He seems to have had some interesting ideas on re-implementing the temperature system, though perhaps he'll need to remake a lot of it for 1.0. I look forward to checking out your work on it. I love that you're working on FU compatibility.

16. Iris Blanche

Never noticed that The | Suit made something like that. :eek:
    But nope it's not based on his work. It's all written from scratch. I got inspired by Cheskos frostfall mod for skyrim and tried to implement a similar system with exposure for starbound.

~ Iris ~

andhar and greenRAM like this.
  17. Iris Blanche

18. Inf_Wolf14

Inf_Wolf14 Parsec Taste Tester

Hehe, dont worry, no offense to @The | Suit , but i think your system is bit better, at very least in the balancing. And it is a bit similar in execution, but there a limited number of ways to do temperature from a modders scope.

Keep up the good work! :hylotl:
    (Also never knew this was based on Frostfall... Huh, guess i havent played Skyrim in a while...)

19. Iris Blanche

I'm still not satisfied with the balancing somehow xD But i won't change anything in the next days. Tomorrow i'll start working on the FU compatibility patch and try to find a good blancing for this planets ^-^

~ Iris ~

Inf_Wolf14 likes this.
  20. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

If only a single person is only allowed to sculpt an idea - then creativity will never flourish.
    It is always better to have multiple variations to allow a more diverse environment.

Though to be fair my system was slightly different.
    • Planet temperatures changed between night and day.
    • Each planet type could have temperatures ranges assigned to them by easy JSON modification.
    • Every object could pull temperature information and be affected by temperature if a modder wanted to do that.
    • Projectiles \ and status effects modified the temperature when applied to a user.
    Though mine also had a lot of limitations.
    The short story is my version is no longer in working order since the way they implemented certain mechanics would require me to rewrite it from the ground up.

This mod though really helps fill the gap and allow much more diversity into the modding atmosphere. So always a welcome addition.